Time to step up to the plate..

Options

Comments

• hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Step, those overpayments are so inspiring!! Trying to think how I could make this work for me too. My situation is different but i could do a version where I pay some extra pennies into savings and then use it to pay something down later on xx
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • stepuptothepl8
    stepuptothepl8 Posts: 913 Forumite
    edited 27 May 2015 at 6:45AM
    Options
    Exactly HB these small OPs really do help, especially when you are paying interest. But yes, setting OPs aside until you're sure you can afford to use them as OPs (IYSWIM!) is a good idea xxx
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Why isn't it Friday already??! I want to do an OP, and can't until then :( and I'm getting really twitchy about it! Lol.. Think I'm addicted to it :eek:
    I did a small OP yesterday, but can't do anything else until more money arrives in the account. I'm still waiting for the wedding flowers money from last month :mad: but I think I'll wait until after payday and then send a reminder. £380 which will come in and then go straight off CC1, when it eventually arrives !!!!!!.gif
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Got the wedding money :D and updated my sig :j
    :j:j:j:j:j
  • Golightly72
    Golightly72 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Your Sig is looking brilliant, well done!
  • DFB35
    DFB35 Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go go step up :j :j :j :money:
    Nationwide CC 0% March 2025 - £3,850 now £3,700
    Sainburys CC 0% January 2025 - £6,450 now £6,150

FD Loan 1 October 2030 - £16,000
    FD Loan 2 October 2030 -  £30,000

Husbands CC 0% August 2024 - £6,000

Car balloon payment February 2028 - £16,412

Mortgage - £194,500
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Whatsthecost tells me that CC1 will be gone in October now :T :T :T which I'm thrilled about :D

And after all our expenses from the quiz, we've raised £300! Pleased with that too.

Out last night with the Bootcamp crew, so we had a yummy curry, and then quite a lot of gin :p Up with the lark this morning, and 3rd load of washing on, and now I'll start the ironing while I catch up on the Archers. It's my only soap :)

This afternoon we've got our neighbours girls staying with us (age 5 & 2) and they're staying the night too. So nothing planned apart from wearing them out! We're having a late lunch tomorrow (roast lamb planned) and my grandma is coming (the one with pulmonary fibrosis). Touch wood, at the moment she seems pretty stable.

If I can squeeze in some gardening too, that would be good! Hope everyone is having a good w/e xx
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Weekend sounds chaotically lovely with the two extras staying over! How lovely! You're a FGN!!!! :D:D:D

Amazing news about CC1. Well done you!!! x

Enjoy seeing your grandma. Give her a squeeze!! xxxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Don't know about being a FGN... These girls are about as good as a 2 and 5 yr old can be, so it's no trouble. They've all just had breakfast and are now playing some random game that DD has made up. The dog isn't too sure about toddlers, but is desperate to join in the game so that's probably the most stressful bit! They get picked up at lunchtime. My list for today I think goes like:
    Check spreadsheet
    Tidy sitting room & dining room
    Catch up on Outlander
    Cook Sunday roast for teatime
    Dog for a walk

And that's about it for today.. There is no ironing to be done :j:j:j (very rare indeed)

Just seen the forecast for next week... Not bad, not bad at all! Hope everyone has a great Sunday xx
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    it's 1st June! and rainy and windy and feeling like February :(

Scores on the doors time though - my spreadsheet tells me that this month brings me to 13.9% of my total debt paid off :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T

and 57% paid off CC1 since 1st Feb :j:j:j:j:j

Very pleased with that :D HMRC savings are up too. It's unlikely I'll be able to pay as much off this month, as I want to buy a few bits for our holiday (end of July, can't wait!). But I'm really doing this.. I WILL be debt free and it will be fabulous!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family