Which browser is best?

Options

Comments

• Bowling_4_Gold
    Options
    Opera is my daily driver. Now I've got used to some of the extra features (mouse rocker gestures to go back and forward, mouse gestures to refresh and close tabs etc) I find it hard to go back to Chrome or similar.

You can install Chrome extensions to Opera, as Opera is Chromium-based.
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
    Richard Branson
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Chrome for me, but it does have a couple of bad points.

Internet Explorer is just plain cr*p.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • poppellerant
    Options
    With Firefox closed, in file explorer, click in the address bar and type in the following then press enter:-
    %appdata%

Now you should see a list of folders, one of which will be Mozilla. To keep a backup of all your bookmarks, history, cookies, add-ons....everything....just rename the Mozilla folder to whatever you want.

There's no need to create a new folder. Just run Mozilla and it will start as though it's just been newly installed. If you want your old Mozilla back, close Firefox and rename the current Mozilla folder if you wish, then rename your old Mozilla folder back to Mozilla.

I suppose that sounds slightly confusing, but in practice it's so much simpler!
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks to all. I've chosen SlimBrowser.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With Firefox closed, in file explorer, click in the address bar and type in the following then press enter:-
    %appdata%

Now you should see a list of folders, one of which will be Mozilla. To keep a backup of all your bookmarks, history, cookies, add-ons....everything....just rename the Mozilla folder to whatever you want.

There's no need to create a new folder. Just run Mozilla and it will start as though it's just been newly installed. If you want your old Mozilla back, close Firefox and rename the current Mozilla folder if you wish, then rename your old Mozilla folder back to Mozilla.

All you're doing there is moving your old profile to a new folder so Firefox creates a clean one for you.

Rather than moving files manually, running "firefox -p" (as I suggested above) will display the Profile Manager, allowing you to manage multiple profiles more conveniently.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bluesnake wrote: »
    epic security browser, is a great second browser to have, but do click on the red connection on the right side of the address box so that it turns green. Epic refreshes the parts other browsers can't reach :)
    http://www.epicbrowser.com/

Interesting... I hadn't heard of Epic. If you're that privacy conscious, I'd wonder why you wouldn't use something like the Tor Browser Bundle (or even TAILS or JonDonym) instead.

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
    https://tails.boum.org/
    https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/

Apparently Epic made money by selling users' partial IP addresses to Google, so users would see regionally-targeted adverts. But Google have pulled the plug on that and are demanding full IP addresses, so it looks like Epic will either have to give up on privacy or find another revenue stream.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/how-google-crushed-a-privacy-browser-2014-11
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    %appdata%

Would MozBackup do the same thing??
  • bind
    Options
    Mozilla Firefox is one of best web browser and I am using when starts using computer and Internet.
  • bluesnake
    bluesnake Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    Interesting... I hadn't heard of Epic. If you're that privacy conscious, I'd wonder why you wouldn't use something like the Tor Browser Bundle (or even TAILS or JonDonym) instead.
    Well, you know that streaming stuff like youtube and similar that will not work under tor etc, due to poor tor bandwidth, well.... :)
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    You'll get just about as many recommendations as there are browsers out there. To my mind it's a case of seeing which best suits you. In my case I gave up on IE many moons ago and went with Firefox. That gave me some sort of grief a while back (some sort of resource usage issue if I remember correctly) so I gave up worrying about google who owned my sole already and been on chrome ever since.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure