How much do you spend on holiday? I'M BACK AND I DID IT!!!!

Options

Comments

• jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where abouts do you live, or rather would you like to holiday?
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    jo1972 wrote: »
    Where abouts do you live, or rather would you like to holiday?

North Wales would lovely, just having a look on ebay now.
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick google search shows these as dog friendly - but no idea of prices etc ;)

http://www.dogsinvited.co.uk/north_wales.htm
    http://www.hendwr-lodge.cymru1.net/
    http://www.pencefn.com/
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • Hi Spud West star holidays have just emailed about last minute bargains think they're on weststarholidays.co.uk don't know if they take dogs or not. What breed is it? We have a German shepherd and a border collie + a three legged cat and a rabbit - with 4 children too our house is very dysfunctional - just think the Simpsons!!! lol.
    Jo I envy your group holiday, I'd love to go in a group like that but we really have very few friends - typical billy no mates!! lol
    Newlywed I'm sure your holiday with the boys will be lovely!
    Keep the tips coming its making me all excited about my hols!
    IDA
    x
    I stopped smoking 25th June 2007
    STILL Never complacent but confident
    My debt is GOING DOWN!!!!
  • spud30
    Options
    Hi Spud West star holidays have just emailed about last minute bargains think they're on weststarholidays.co.uk don't know if they take dogs or not. What breed is it? We have a German shepherd and a border collie + a three legged cat and a rabbit - with 4 children too our house is very dysfunctional - just think the Simpsons!!! lol.

Thanks IDA, I'll have a look at West star.

She's a very gorgeous Great Dane, we also have 4 cats and 2 children :rolleyes:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
  • Any luck spud?
    I stopped smoking 25th June 2007
    STILL Never complacent but confident
    My debt is GOING DOWN!!!!
  • sammiboo
    sammiboo Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    This threads made me want to book and plan a holiday now :p
    March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
    Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%
  • spud30
    Options
    Any luck spud?

I've remembered we're babysitting a friend's goldfish until the end of next week, so we can't go until then anyway.

I will chat to hubby tomorrow and see what he says ;)
  • kiwigirl
    kiwigirl Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Hi IDA and all,

A few of my colleagues tell me that the Greenwood place Caernarfon way is really good - a few of them spend the whole day there when they go.

Caernarfon Castle, Conwy Castle, Cricceth castle - may be a bit far but if you do go there you must get some ice cream at Cadwaleders! Also got a nice beach in Cricceth too.

Llandudno pier, Little Orme, Great Orme, Great Orme Copper Mines, Orme's cable car as someone's suggested, walk around the Orme - there's a toll on it otherwise but free about 7pm I think!

Smallest House in Conwy as someone's already mentioned, walls in Conwy are a nice walk but make sure you've got sensible shoes on and maybe your OH and DD would like to sit that one out whilst the other 3 of you walk that - it's free to walk on Conwy Walls BTW.

Food shops around, Abergele - Tesco, Rhyl Sainsbury (petrol there) Morrisons (petrol there), Colwyn Bay Morrisons, Lidl, Llandudno - Asda (petrol), Aldi, Llandudno Junction (nr Conwy) Tesco (petrol). Conwy -- Spar.

Cinema in Llandudno Junction too, think cheap nights on Tuesday's, think they do Orange on Weds too. Cheaper tickets during day - Tesco across road there too!

Bangor's got a nice pier that a few walk on, University town.

Anglesea got some nice places to visit too.

PM me if you need some info - live about 15 mins from Colwyn Bay.

Enjoy yourselves!

KG
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family