Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• Booboo44_2
    Options
    Hi, am new here, hope you don't mind me asking a question. I have been mystery shopping for MF for a few years. Stopped for a while but recently started again, I know the pay is crummy but tend to do jobs when I am in the location or getting something like a meal or bowling I would have wanted anyway. My experience with MF is good, always get paid on time, very few issues with reports and best of all a really easy site to use.

I have recently signed up to a couple of others in the hope to increase work. Just completed a couple for React and one for MSE. Their site seems less clear, is there an easy way to tell when my report has been accepted, ie with MF payment moves from pending.
    Many thanks in advance.
  • kittygirl20
    Options
    I like MF too Booboo, just look at it as a freebie. I'm no way seasoned either.

GYP - OMG what happens when you visit major client alone , do the order timings blah blah. Sit down and get 'Hiiiii!!!!!!!!' from an old work friend?
  • ISWMLE
    ISWMLE Posts: 76 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2015 at 8:55PM
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    Now I find this in my inbox:

"Dear Y

Thank you for accepting the above assignment and for responding promptly to the query raised.

The query was raised as you had stated where you would visit but had not provided a reason as requested in the shopper prompt. Your original comments were "I usually frequent Homebase." The reason for visiting is requested by our client which is why the ticket was referred to you.#

On this occasion I will ensure that no points are deducted for the query raised.

Kind regards,

X"

!!!!!!, apparently usually frequenting somewhere is not a valid reason. But when you respond and tell them to spell it out for them, that means you would usually go there it is acceptable. What idiots do they have working for them? Apparently people with no grasp of the eloquence of the English language!

I don't know what the fuss is WB.

You said that 'you usually frequent Homebase.'

Next point should be along the lines of 'why' you do this.

It is the nearest DIY to me
    The products I need are always available in store
    I prefer the service I get there to what I get at B&Q etc.

It's really not rocket science. I would be far more cross if they started querying why you had answered the 'why's, asking for yet more details still.

Why is it nearest to you?
    What do you mean that the products are always there, please expand
    Why is the B&Q service worse than you get at Homebase.

To that I would tell MSC to either chuck me another tenner or get lost, I have better thngs to do than indulge in your interrogational probing.

But, under these circumstances, I think the query was perfectly acceptable.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booboo44 wrote: »
    Hi, am new here, hope you don't mind me asking a question. I have been mystery shopping for MF for a few years. Stopped for a while but recently started again, I know the pay is crummy but tend to do jobs when I am in the location or getting something like a meal or bowling I would have wanted anyway. My experience with MF is good, always get paid on time, very few issues with reports and best of all a really easy site to use.

I have recently signed up to a couple of others in the hope to increase work. Just completed a couple for React and one for MSE. Their site seems less clear, is there an easy way to tell when my report has been accepted, ie with MF payment moves from pending.
    Many thanks in advance.

I can only comment on React as dont do any work for MSE. Once React have reviewed your report that will give it a score out of 10 and you will see that against the job in the shopper log. Payment is usually 4-6 weeks after completion of the job and then generally pay towards the end of the month. React will send you an PDF pay statement via email a few days before the payment arrives. Sometimes it takes a number of days for you to get your scores - it depends how close React are to their reporting deadlines for the client.
  • Booboo44_2
    Options
    Many thanks Larac
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booboo44 wrote: »
    Many thanks Larac

No problem - takes a while to keep a track on how the various companies work.

Talking of React - I see the card shops have not shifted - no surprise there - wait for the phone calls to start
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    So Gyp have this terrible system for the fuel station assignments. How on earth do I know when it has submitted successfully? Is it when 4 ticks are showing? I just keep getting a hanging egg timer and sorry the connection dropped out! It's like a timewarp piece of software!
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just done a petrol visit and been loving the new report lol! First one I did I thought !!!!!! but just takes a bit of getting used to. I did have one message come up saying connection lost but I just refreshed and it was all still there and went through OK.

A full row of ticks means the report has been submitted You don't get an email anymore but if you go into my assignments the hyper link under reschedule will have disappeared.
  • Mestiza2nv
    Options
    Hi All,
    I've been following this forum topic for about a year now just as a spectator, but I've been mystery shopping for about two years and thought I had signed up to almost every agency there is. I'm wrong though! I can see a few refernces to other companies and appreciate we are not allowed to name names but who is FFF etc. Also, I tried to sign up for Gyp if I'm right, is their alternative name on here but was rejected instantly, I think I may have offended them when I first started out. How do I get around this because I love chicken and burger shops?!
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Mestiza2nv wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I've been following this forum topic for about a year now just as a spectator, but I've been mystery shopping for about two years and thought I had signed up to almost every agency there is. I'm wrong though! I can see a few refernces to other companies and appreciate we are not allowed to name names but who is FFF etc. Also, I tried to sign up for Gyp if I'm right, is their alternative name on here but was rejected instantly, I think I may have offended them when I first started out. How do I get around this because I love chicken and burger shops?!

Frontline Focus is FF not sure where the extra F comes from, some have good results working for them others wouldn't touch them again.

Gyp - Once you've been kicked it is hard to get back with them regardless of why you got kicked. They no longer do the chicken shops.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback