Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Options

Comments

• mamashaz
    mamashaz Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Booboo44 wrote: »
    i have only just started doing shops for other MSC other than MF and I was just wondering how many different companies you juggle and do you find it confusing? I am just growing the number of companies I am using but doing it gradually. Have now signed up to 5 but one doesn't seem to have any jobs on offer.

Thanks

I am signed up to 40 different companies and, yes, it is a bit of a juggling act but it is the only way to get any money from it (in my opinion).
  • Booboo44_2
    Booboo44_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    mamashaz wrote: »
    I am signed up to 40 different companies and, yes, it is a bit of a juggling act but it is the only way to get any money from it (in my opinion).

Wow 40, I am struggling to keep up with 5! I will just add a few more when I get more confident.
  • evelyns2000
    Options
    Stageshoot wrote: »
    What is the most extreme Mileage/Travel payment you have been offered to complete a job the MSC cannot get done..

Mine is a round trip of just over 1000 miles from home to complete 4 (30min) jobs in two days.

Job Fees & Bonus payments not disclosed due to board rules, but its costing the MSC over £450 in Mileage + Hotel & Meal costs covered.

+ they said do you think you can do the same run again next month..

Lunacy..

Strange how they can't find anyone closer. I thought there were thousands of mystery shoppers out there.
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    What is the most extreme Mileage/Travel payment you have been offered to complete a job the MSC cannot get done..

Mine is a round trip of just over 1000 miles from home to complete 4 (30min) jobs in two days.

Job Fees & Bonus payments not disclosed due to board rules, but its costing the MSC over £450 in Mileage + Hotel & Meal costs covered.

+ they said do you think you can do the same run again next month..

Lunacy..

I know WhiteLabel wins this one everytime.

For me, about 800 miles for a round of about 4 mystery shops over a few days.

And about 950 miles in a day for a half hour merchandising job (that one did set a record).
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I once had to fly from the Midlands to Glasgow, pick up a hire car, did a job on the mainland, caught a ferry the next morning to the Western Isles, did a job in Tobermoray, back over to the mainland, drove over the Skye bridge to catch a ferry to Harris, drove up to Lewis did a job in Stornaway, caught a ferry back to the mainland, drove from the West coast to the East coast, up the coast to the ferry port for the Shetlands, doing a couple of jobs and visiting John O Groats on the way. Caught the ferry to the Shetlands, then on to the Orkneys, back over to Aberdeen, drove from Aberdeen back to Glasgow to catch the plane home to the Midlands. I did nine jobs for the company paying the travel costs, a couple of Historic tourist jobs for another company, drove well over 1000 miles in nine days plus whatever the mileage was on the ferries and loved every minute of it except when I nearly missed the ferry from Skye to Harris, which would have messed up all my B&B bookings as there wasn't another ferry for two days, they actually held the ferry for me!! Those were the days!!

I should say though that it wasn't a job the MSC couldn't get done, it was a pilot job that they actually wanted me to do to see if it was possible. After that though, they split it up into three separate jobs.
  • naarestrup
    naarestrup Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options

I've had one pay for me to take a 70 minute flight and 30 minute train ride to go to a 50 minute meeting with one of their end clients and tell them about the results of a handfull of visits I had completed.

Another one paid for me to travel about 1300 miles and stay two nights at a B&B to get 10 shops covered. I also managed to sneak three other visits, for two other companies, into my schedule.
  • kittygirl20
    Options
    Gyp payments in today for March jobs
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    RA have paid for the wings audits and the pasty shops.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gyp payments in today for March jobs

Must admit - I was mighty shocked at that. Jobs I did in January I eventually got paid twelve weeks later, so assume they may have got their act together (finally).
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Erm, I've just received a pay statement from RA!
    At last we can reconcile our visits.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure