🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Flubit - beware of problems

Options

Comments

• Money-Saving-King
    Options
    I've done 3 orders this year, all have been fine & some saving up to 10%.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    i notice Barclaycard have started a similar scheme, put in a price over a week ago and they haven't even got back to me yet
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've used Flubit loads with no problems so far, apart from my most recent purchase which broke within 5 minutes on xmas day.

As, like most Flubit items, they're actually fulfilled by Amazon thus they sent me a link to the usual Amazon pre-paid returns label and I posted it back to Amazon.

However I heard nothing for 3 weeks so had to email Flubit this week to ask what was going on - received a refund the next day.

So, not the smoothest returns experience, but I'll still use them again.
  • metron
    metron Posts: 69 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    i notice Barclaycard have started a similar scheme, put in a price over a week ago and they haven't even got back to me yet
    Beware - it's Flubit that run the Barclaycard scheme. The Flubit name is now so badly tarnished that they tend to keep it quiet when they provide the 'service' for other companies such as Barclaycard.

The fact that it's Flubit is probably why they haven't got back to you. I'd strongly advise giving them a miss - unless you're not fussy about what you actually receive from them!
  • fishybusiness
    Options
    I've recently started as a supplier to Flubit.

Reading the posts here, I am guessing it is their suppliers that are causing the issues.

Slow dispatch or even non existent dispatch is down to the supplier.

Of course, it is not an excuse for rubbish service.

Just for the record, their process for checking suppliers viability isn't exactly exhaustive, its like signing up to ebay really, but not having to worry about not having a feedback rating.
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    I've ordered 3 times. The first one was great. It came from John Lewis and took a couple of days. The next one took 3 weeks and the third one arrived within its ETA. I've no idea where they came from though - which worries me about the warranty!
  • muddlemand
    Options
    I discovered Flubit a few hours ago and I'm glad I looked for feedback and found this thread, before ordering through them! I tried one demand that offers me nearly £2 off a £13 product. Looks exactly the same... and comes from "Fireworks Merchant" as trukdiver mentions. I don't like to buy online from an unfamiliar company.

What really gave me warning was that after signing up, I can't find the T&Cs anywhere. There was a link during the sign-up, but I didn't click through as I was in a hurry - and now I can't find a link. The support link only gives a chat box.

Oh... I thought of using Google's site search. Looks like you have to go through Contact to get to the T&Cs. I don't like this bit:
    You may at times be shown the information of other users who Flubit believe share similar interests, have been involved in the same actions as yourself, or may have reason to be grouped together.
    ... or this bit:
    Flubit is unable to fully safeguard or control how other account holders may use your information and for this reason we encourage you to evaluate the information you provide to the Site...

I'm glad I used the email address I keep for potential spammers! They don't give this warning on the page where they encourage you to complete your profile (address, d.o.b. etc) to gain points.

"It is the Seller’s responsibility to list its Refund/Return Policy for Flubit Users to read and understand." I don't think there's a link, where the seller's name shows in your basket. They also state that the buyer deals with the seller, and Flubit has no responsibility to help.

Where the privacy policy talks about how they'll use the information you give them:
    If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information.
    - but THERE IS NO SUCH BOX on the page where you enter your address, email etc. Maybe there was on first registering but I think I'd have spotted it; there isn't in profile settings. If I entered my address or, worse, my payment cards, there's no such checkbox. And their default is to store the card details, rather than letting us opt in to that.

I'm sure they get a certain amount right, or they wouldn't still exist. But I suspect most of their profit comes from selling their database of contact details. Doesn't sound like they put much of it into their customer service. Eh, the queue? ;)
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Surprised they're still in business, given the problems they create for their customers - I doubt many of them would return for a second bite of the cherry!

Bespoke (Barclaycard) closed down a short while ago, and I'm guessing that cost Flubit a lot of income.
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Surprised they're still in business, given the problems they create for their customers - I doubt many of them would return for a second bite of the cherry!

Bespoke (Barclaycard) closed down a short while ago, and I'm guessing that cost Flubit a lot of income.

I've never had problems. I'm on my 46th order now and saved almost £100.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The-Truth wrote: »
    I've never had problems. I'm on my 46th order now and saved almost £100.

On the basis of the recent comments from muddlemand, your problems may yet start if your personal data's at risk. A company which has lost a chunk of its income, as this one has, is going to be under pressure to replace it by any means at its disposal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport