🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Flubit - beware of problems

Options
13»

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wonder what's gone wrong with Flubit. I have bought quite a few items, saving a fair bit of money, over the last couple of years, although I haven't used them recently.

I had first class service, and only once did I have a problem with faulty goods and they sorted it out without any problems, in fact their CS lady who I dealt with couldn't have been more helpful, telephoned me to keep me updated about my replacement which arrived even before I returned the faulty item (by courier at my convenience at their cost).
    It's such a shame that a promising enterprise should go downhill like this.
  • muddlemand
    muddlemand Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to admit that they are responding very fast to my email about cancelling. You can't close your account any other way, have to send them an email - and I managed to send it from my real address, not the one I keep for possible spammers! So now they have both... but they did reply fast.
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got the same expenience with Flubit today! Just realised some other members got the same problem.

Amazon price £129. Created a deman, got an offer after more than a day, well, £50 more expensive than my original price. But they said they had saved me £15! Called them twice, was told it must be system problem. Now I know it seems that it is their selling technique.

I am not going to use them again.
  • chris0241
    Options
    I have used Flubit successfully for over a year and save a few quid.

However, last month I bought a speaker to use with Alexa Dot. The supplied speaker failed to hold a charge and automatically turned the power off.

Got an RMA from Flubit and sent it back.

Within days they emailed to say that not only could the reported fault not be found, but the received product was badly damaged on the side and the packaging was intact so I must have dropped it?! I can assure you I had not and the faults were there!

They declined a refund so I plan to charge back with my bank as not fit for purpose.

It's a real shame as I have recommended them to so many people.

In future I'll pay the extra pound or two and have piece of mind that I'm dealing with Amazon CS.

Chris
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just saved a further £15 with Flubit - item arrived in very quick time direct from the same company selling on Amazon for £15.00 more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport