Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Signature updated.. and also update the little pots on the app I use to track all our money.

£250 budgeted each month for the family loan, survey earnings will be taken in Am@zon vouchers for birthdays and Christmas presents. If I can't take it in Am@zon vouchers, it will be taken in cash and split in percentages that I need to look at again now.

Feeling a lot more settled now and pleased we have a date in mind. I can't even begin to hope that one day we might finally finally be debt free!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan! Shame about having to delay the holiday, but I bet it'll feel extra rewarding/relaxing if you're debt-free when you go. :)
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    I don't mind actually HS, beginning to debate if it's worth the money when we could do so much with it. Since moving to the West Country, I really don't feel the need to travel - there is so much right on our doorstep.

Also have a big family wedding next year which will cost a lot of pennies. so I don't mind shelving it (possible forever)
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay to the family loan and end date. That will come round soooo quick!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Still chocka full of cold, but at least I didn't spend half the night coughing away.

We've cleaned the house and DH is just finishing the last bit of homework with DS and then we are all done until after half term.

DD has a friend coming round this afternoon and DS and DH are doing to do the birdwatch hour thing for the RSPB (just stopped mid post to watch a random tractor procession through the village. 62 of them and DS was in his element!)

I'm hoping to chill for an hour. Item sold on fleabay for £2.20 today and £3 item on bookface.

Loan money will be with us next week, so will just pay off the CC's - should have about £100 towards the first £1k payment as well this month.

Am giving up on the idea of swimming lessons as we just can't seem to get it sorted and private ones are charging a lot more. So we will just have to take them ourselves.

Diet is not going well, have started again today and will only brave the scales once a month now..

That's about all from here folks, have a good Sunday all!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Currently waiting for my MIA Mr T order.. needless to say I'm not impressed and Mr T HQ can't get hold of anyone to explain where the order is! Bit frustrating as I just want to settle down and chill, but no point till they have been. I hope they do as we are out of stuff left, right and centre in the DFOD household tonight!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    I hope they show up soon!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    They were really late with no message, so I did get £5 off next week plus £1 refund for some dodgy potatoes - every little helps!

Well money arrived from family and I've never spent £7 so fast in my life, CC1 paid off, just need to check tomorrow or the day after that the balance is at 0 and there aren't some random pennies left on there and will then close that account. CC4 is in theory clear, but the door didn't go through this month, so I will ring telephone banking to find the exact amount and then send that as I've already sent the amount to clear the card from this months' statement... then I'll know how much of a start we have with paying back the first £1k.

£6 has tracked with TCB finally, it is so slow on there at the moment, just need that to get to payable.

Still feeling really yuck, with lots of pain in my sinuses, will go to Docs later this week if no better as I just can't shift the pain.

Meter readings done and submitted, £524 in credit there but they don't generate the bill for months. Everything else paid save a mobile phone bill and a car tax..

Coloured in box no 110 on the house!
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    we're £150 in credit as well and I gave it lined up for a bonus OP when I switch in May!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow lots has been going on this week for you. That's great news on the family loan. I borrowed some money from my Mum when we bought our first house and there were no problems. It's less scary owing to a family member and you're happier when repaying them!

My cold rages on and DD is coughing every night despite all manner of medicines and old wives tales! Sinus pain is awful. I actually had an operation some years ago but it only lasted a year and a half and then they were playing up again.

I don't blame you putting off (indefinitely) the Disney holiday. I'm sure it's all overpriced and there are so many lovely places closer to home.
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family