Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Just booked our tickets for L eg0land for next month. Quite pleased it's cost us £37 for the four of us, got three through Tesc0 thanks to mine and mum's vouchers and paid for the last ticket in advance..

Looking forward to the break, trying to do it as frugally as possible, going to hit the museums and try and minimise food costs as much as possible. Any tips of places to go or ways to save money??
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Other than out on bikes, forest adventures and museums I'm done! On books we're the same with DS1 as he reads everything he sees, and really likes books about planets, animals, oceans etc... We've found his reading has developed far faster due to this. Anyway we get them all from charity shop and they all in great condition for between 49p and £1.49 for a really big un! DS1 even got a £5 book then at the end of his last school year as a reading reward/prize. Needless to say we've still got it as his first thoughts are "can I get a book from the charity shop".

Lastly I really like the idea of collecting a box of presents in advance, but given I have minimal responsibility for presents (quite rightly I'm not trusted) it's one idea I'll have to let slide by!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    evening all!

Well we are all in bed and it's not even 6.30pm. DH is absolutely knackered from knocking out the wall and putting the door in, it needs to come back out tomorrow for some fine tuning, but it looks awesome and I'm really chuffed with it.

Need to go to a town tomorrow fr new water bottles for the littlies.

And finally pleased to say I stuck to my food plan for a day.. have written myself a long note as to why I want to lose weight and made an agreement with myself if I want to go off the rails, I have to read it first.. Hopefully it's hard hitting enough to make me think twice!

£10 TCB tracked on Dh account for something that got returned, so thank you very much TCB! Another Am@zon voucher requested!

DH is already snoring, I'm going to attempt to finish my book, given that we have caught up with The Blacklist now.

Night all!
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Sounds like you're all shattered DF0D!!! Yay to the door.

Yay to the l3goland bargain too, you've made me think I should save our Mr T's vouchers towards our trip in June.

Well done on you sticking to your food plan, I like that yovue made an agreement with yourself :j xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Was awake for a while in the night so feel a bit sleep deprived even after the early night..

More work on the door today, needs to come back out for a bit of adjustment and locks / handles to go on.

I need to go buy treatment for it so we can get a coat on the outside before the predicted rain arrives tomorrow.. few others things to pick up so the littles will be glad to get out of the house for a bit.

Ordered them some stabilsers this morning as we went from balance bikes to big bikes, but think they need the practice with steering and pedalling first.

Typical that as we finish the main bits of the door, it's predicted rain for the rest of the week.
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Me and DS1 ended up falling out over learning with no stabilisers. Conversation went "why would I want 2 wheels, 4 wheels is safer...". I responded with the whole school threat "when all your friends take bikes into school you'll have to stay inside", his response "that's ok, I like books". In the end I used the trusty you have no choice reasoning 'it's like school you have to do it, and you have no choice", "no trying, no wii u!"

In the end it was boxed off in super quick time. Lesson learned for daddy, don't try and reason with a 5yr old, they prefer just being told straight how it is! And he absolutely loves his bike!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Harsh parenting SJ!!! We've had parent handles on the back for a while, but bless them they are learning no sense of balance or pedalling so figure it's a short term thing just to be able to get out on their bikes.

First coat on door today, we still need to cement in some of the gaps, but rain will stop play for the majority of the week now.

£29 spent on woodstain and a brush and £20 spent on water bottles for the littles. they aren't drinking enough at home, so I wanted ones we could leave out for them and the ones for School needed replacing, but £20!!!!!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Rain has arrived.. hoping to get a coat of stain on the outside top half of the door as it's the only external bit we didn't get to treating yesterday. Just a bit concerned about all the forecast rain and an untreated door!

Did a comparison on cheap energy today and we could switch saving up to £65 a year but I did have to guessimate the usage, but I'm going to stick for now as I love the ease I can adjust payments with current supplier and for once we are massively in credit and not very MSE, but I can't be bothered at the mo..

Think I'll have to go Docs again this week as I still can't kick this cough, it's over 3 weeks now and I finished the last anti bios a week ago.

Not sure what is on the agenda today, been a real blah half term.. the kitchen is cold due to the door, so we can't do real messy stuff or crafting.. the weather is naff and I can't take them places where they need to be too active due to DD's op and needing to limit potential damage whilst it's recovering..
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning DF0D,

Boooo to the rain, we have lots of it too today. It was supposed to be snow here so not quite sure what changed! It would be the only time it would be welcome here, when I've not got anything to do, anywhere to go ha!!!
    Hope you manage to get the door treated, in the meantime could you put something up to shield it? Not sure what if the winds up like it is here.

Will your 2 sit and play a board game? They're always a hit here xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    My two usually get on really well, but they are really prickly with each other this week.. We've done board games, dress up, cars and I've resorted to a film again to have 30 mins of peace.

Nabbed a few surveys on 1poll today, up to £25.60 on there now, forgot to mention I've done a few on p-base lately and up to £5.50 on there..

The locks and bolts are now on the door, DH was out with a torch at 6am trying to put up some tarpaulin.. the frame did get a bit well so we are trying to dry it out before putting a coat of stain on it.. he might start patching up the inside today as well as there a few gaps either side of the frame that needs cementing which we keep stuffing with rags overnight to keep out the weather!

I know we've saved loads by doing this ourselves, but it's been a much bigger job that I thought.. and poor DH is worn out..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport