Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• Andorin
    Andorin Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2018 at 10:54AM
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm another victim of the 247 {text removed by MSE Forum Team}.

I want to get their company closed and directors sent to jail.

My approach so far is as follows:

(1) File a complaint with the Financial Conduct Authority that they should be under the remit of the Financial Ombudsman. They need to receive multiple complaints before they start looking into it. Two phone numbers are for the FCA are: 0800 111 6768, 0207 066 1000

(2) Complain to MoneySupermarket that they should not be listing 247 home rescue as providing boiler insurance because they explicitly state in their terms and conditions that they do not provide insurance. As they are unregulated they are a risk to moneysupermarket's reputation. Their email is: complaints at moneysupermarket dot com.

(3) Report MoneySupermarket to the Advertising Standards Authority. State that they should not be advertising 247 as providing insurance. Their complaint form is on the ASA website.

(4) Write to your MP. Explain that 247 is pretending to be a large insurance provider but has found loopholes exempting it from all major forms of government regulation designed to stop fraud.

(5) Report them to trading standards. The worst terms in their contracts that I've noticed are:

"For the avoidance of doubt, this is an agreement for the provision of specific services supplied at our absolute sole discretion. This is not a contract of insurance, a guarantee or an insurance policy."

and

The repeated use of "at our absolute sole discretion", i.e.

"In the event of an emergency occurring in your home, at our absolute sole discretion, we will:"

(6) File a case with the small claims court

(7) Publicly complain to TrustPilot (i.e. on twitter) about them being paid for fraudulent reviews

(8) Publicly complain to MoneySupermarket (i.e. on twitter) about them providing advertising for fraudsters

{text removed by MSE Forum Team}
  • Edders54
    Edders54 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 10:56AM
    Options
    {text removed by MSE Forum Team}, to my bitter regret I paid £156 by debit card as an annual payment for central heating and drains cover.
    I then took a look at their website, and being dismayed at how amateurish it looked, starting digging out some real reviews.
    Within 24 hours I decided I wanted to cancel and recoup my money (a) under the 14 day cooling-off period (actually in their T & Cs) and also under distance-selling regulations.
    I phoned and was on hold forever before being cut off. I emailed their "customer service" several times and got no reply. I sent a letter First Class via Royal Mail and got no reply, and three days later, a letter by Registered Post which was received and signed for. I obviously have copies of all my attempts at communication, timed and dated, and all within 14 days of my payment.
    I have had zero response from them and obviously no money returned.
    I have complained to Trading Standards and will shortly sue use the Small Claims Court to get my money and interest, and expenses returned.
    My advice: (a) don't go anywhere near {text removed by MSE Forum Team}and (b) play hardball as that's all they seem to understand.
    Quite how and why {text removed by MSE Forum Team} is still operating is beyond me.
  • Hoopylass
    Options
    I am so glad that I came across this thread. We have just taken out "cover" with this company but thankfully are within our 14 day cooling off period. Policy cancelled!

Thanks again!
    Total Debt
    Was £4145.81now £0.00
  • Jaykay0409
    Options
    You did right Hoopylass! Had I seen all the negative reviews before I took out a contract with 24/7, I wouldn’t have touched them with a barge pole.

Can I also add that if any of you are about to cancel your contract, you make sure you cancel your DD to them straight away and then send a message to your bank to make sure it isn’t reinstated. I failed to do so in April, when I cancelled my contract, and then in July they started taking payments again – I didn’t notice until after the August payment.

I’ve called them numerous times, emailed their Complaints dept, who are now just ignoring me, and also put a negative review on Trustpilot. They asked Trustpilot to take it down but I proved that my complaint was valid (I documented all contact I’ve had with them) and the review was reinstated BUT, as we all know, bad reviews go to the back of the queue and all anyone sees are the positive ones.

How do these companies get away without being regulated in some way?!
  • Andorin
    Options
    Would be great if people also filed complaints about TrustPilot with the Advertising Standards Agency. TrustPilot's behaviour is beyond belief, utterly disgraceful.
  • AngelaSteel
    Options
    247 Rescue offer the worse service I have ever come across, a complete con do not use. They are very happy to take your direct debit each month but it takes months to have a service engineer visit. Fault, breakdown visits are quicker but on any boiler over 10 years they will just cancel a contract and say it is uneconomical to fix or they may say for a £300 charge they can get an engineer out from the boiler company. The charges are more than you would normally expect for the parts replaced in my experience. The company do not offer any piece of mind as no fault I have reported has been fixed without paying the extra £300. Use this company only if you have a new boiler unlikely to need cover or if you don't mind waiting two months for a service and do expect a 50% price rise after the first years' introductory offers expire. Don't expect a refund for bad service either. Having cancelled a policy, I am covered in theory for the next month but interestingly no engineers are available for two months, and they will not refund for time they are unable to cover. Customer service was polite but ineffectual. Wish I'd seen other reviews on this thread before taking out an agreement, will be interesting to see if the trust pilot review holds.
  • EDDIE_1943
    Options
    Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue
    Changed to this company, promising the world, never in a million years would I ever use them again
    just ripoff merchants, wanting to charge £75-00 to come out when its supposed to be free, then when they did come out the first words come out of the engineers mouth was oh god oh god there's some damp on the electric circuit board , never mind will get the hair dryer out to dry it up, then discovers a little pipe where the water is coming out from, then said you will need a replacement valve and will order it and come back Monday 20-11-17 all weekend with no heating or hot water and the weather down to minus 1, On the Monday 20-11-17 gets a phone from the service dept saying the engineer that came on the Saturday that recommended to replace the valve is now saying the boiler needs replacing, and they want someone from Worchester/Bosch to come and see it if we make a contribution of £280, what are we paying a monthly payment to this company, it the biggest scam ever known Do not use this company I am going to contact the Trading Standards about this company , all the information they give you to sign up is totally FALSE.
    SO PEOPLE BEWARE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
    From 2 pensioners 75/72 years old and we are still in the cold if swearing was allowed i certainly would
  • aamir177
    Options
    How are they 24/7???? I have my full contract in front of me and they are refusing to follow any of it through, they continuously give me excuses and refuse to deal with my problem. I have an issue with the hot water as it does not run correctly, i have contacted customer service and was greeted by the same woman again and again. It MUST been a dodgy company with such a short amount of staff as the same woman would keep refusing to help me. She clearly did not know anything and was utterly useless. I recommend everyone else to AVOID this company completely as they are nothing but shams and cons .:mad:
  • johnbhoy
    Options
    Well if I could rate this 0 star I would, this company is not worth the 1 star I have to give.
    First of all a month or so ago I received an email offering 2 free months insurance FREE, So replied back to accept, well my 12 month policy finishes now, so was expecting my 2 Free months to continue, checked my bank account and they have took another payment out of my account, so 3 days ago I rung there customer service, When I asked why another payment was taken they informed me it was a auto renewal, as I received renewal policy details it went from £16 to £24 so thought am not paying that, I normally change insurance every year as you are aware there is no loyalty staying with same company, so if it was a auto renewal why was it still £16 they could not answer, when I informed them I had 2 FREE months extra cover they told me it was for my car, I said no I had been sent email for boiler they had no records of it, so after phone call I sent screenshot of email of confirmation, I sent it to a kalebh AT 247homerescue.co.uk but he is now completely ignoring my emails. Now the last 3 days I have been trying to get through to customer service, 20, 30, 45 mins on hold to get through at the third time spoke to this Kalebh and and queried the money taken out he could not find nothing re 2 FREE months, as I had not sent email with proof (until after we ended phone call) I instructed him clearly to cancel policy when it ran out on the 24th of November as I was paying for extra month, and asked him to send me confirmation immediately well 5 mins after phone call I got email stating he had now cancelled policy completely, so phone calls are ‘recorded’ so hopefully trading standards will demand to listen to them, when I hung up and found email I sent it to him at his personal email address and received nothing back, ad it was proof I was entitled to 2 extra FREE months cover, and I wanted the refund £16 paid back to me. So overall the telephone scam of on hold for near 3 hours over the last 3 days has finally persuaded me NEVER to renew with this company, when I first told them I was leaving because of the price shooting up from £16 to £24 he told me he would reduce it for me but I have wasted my dinner breaks the last 3 days trying to speak to these but it was so frustrating waiting, when I first spoke to Customer service they could not explain why extra payment was taken from my account and could not authorise cancelling my policy, hence them putting me through to wait on hold 20, 30, 45 minute wait. So in my messages I stated if I get no reply back by Monday will instruct my bank to refund money back and will be in touch with my local trading standards.
    Oh and the free boiler service I received, the engineer advised me (scare mongering tactics) to get a carbon monoxide gadget, which he had in his van for a nice little earner, I obviously declined, and will now get my boiler checked properly as am not sure if anything was adjusted when he serviced my boiler, overall this company is WORSE than 1 Star, shocking customer service and even worst trying to get through to there cancellation dept. stay clear I WILL NEVER EVER RENEW WITH THIS LOT EVER AGAIN
    Another addition to this saga, I received in June an email from 247homerescue, regards extra 2 free months for car breakdown, I presumed it was with my current insurer, and accepted it as with the boiler scam, was checking bits of paperwork at home, and I found my breakdown cover who I was with ‘Rescue My Car’ so checked my statement and realised that I had no previous breakdown cover with 247 but as I had boiler cover, they scammed me by sending out email for 2 free months, after the 2 free months because they had my bank details they started to take monthly payments out and checking bank details I just rung them up, got through to someone explained I did not need breakdown as I already had it, as the offer was a extra 2 months I presumed as stated it was from my current reputable breakdown cover, but as it turned out 247 were using my details from boiler cover, chap on the phone said he would cancel it at 1110am this morning when I rung, and send me confirmation email via email within 10 mins....’I’m doing it now’ he stated, asked him for his name for ref, he said it will be on the email, I asked again he again stated it would be on the email, I then asked the THIRD time, saying are you refusing to give me your name, he then said his name was KALEB.....the same person who I referred to in earlier details of this message. I had sent email to KALEB regards cancelling boiler cover on Friday...I actually sent it 30 odd times, he replied back wasn’t happy I resent same message, I told him I wanted clarification as his wording was not clear in previous message, he never did reply back, hence why he never replied back today after our phone (these calls may be recorded) call at 1110am. Just rung them back again at 1316hr and spoke to a nice lady Hannah told her what has happened and never got confirmation from KALEB, he was on his lunch break, she would tell him to do it on his return or get someone else to do it for him. Just checked my emails and I got a reply back from KALEB he has sent me confirmation of cancellation for Boiler Cover & NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR WHICH IS THE CAR BREAKDOWN RECOVERY, so have just sent a message to him...so what a pulava this is turning out to be, want both policies cancelled but, customer service is shockingly bad from KALEB! Will await any updates. Currently in dispute still as policy finished/finishing last payment 8/10/17 policy expires 24/11/17 but I got 2 ‘Free’ Months deluxe cover.......so shouldn’t that expire 2 months time? But they took another payment this month on 8/11/17 my policy that is due to expires clearly has on direct debit mandate last payment due on 8/10/17 but they took another payment! DO TRADING STANDARDS READ THESE FEEDBACK, saves me having to explain it all again when I contact them? And will inform MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM where I got details from to get policy last year, am sure he will not be happy regards the free car breakdown and taking money sneakily!
    21/11/17 Today received message from BRAD he has informed me money was taken on auto renewal, Now renewal details were sent to me, with big hike in price as stated previously, so had to ring to decline which I did. As Ive taken up the option of 2 FREE MONTHS DELUXE COVER, which I am currently in, but apparently 247homescam have informed me it finished 24/11/17 how does that work out then, if my last payment of the 12 months tariff (£16) was taken in October, and I declined the new policy (£24) which was due to start in Nov 8th why have then took £16 out on Nov 8th during my 2 FREE MONTHS PERIOD? Be aware terrible customer service, long phone calls to get through to speak to anyone.....when you want to cancel policy.
    Also when they send email regards renewal they ask you to login to view new policy as I did, now when you login, it comes up ‘you have renewed’ this is trying to login to view beaware, NEVER EVER AGAIN WOULD I GO NEAR 247homescam
  • woodie42
    Options
    They've done it again! It's almost unbelievable but 24/7 HomeRescue have, for the second time, re-instated one of my cancelled direct debits. This is two weeks after I e-mailed and wrote to them stating that all my contracts were cancelled and NOT to be re-instated. They even had the cheek to send me a "new contract" e-mail telling me "Relax, you've got cover"! How on earth is this company allowed to continue trading???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback