Sun Holiday Codes January 2015

Options

Comments

• holidaysforme
    Options
    Can anyone reccomend a good sight close to the Lake District?

Don't need anything fancy and not bothered about onsite facilities much as never take up entertainment passes.

It's purely for location.
    Thanks.
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    millerose wrote: »
    So am I right in thinking that once I get a priority code I can book 2 holidays, same date, same resort, same accommodation? We will be 6 people but rather than booking for 6 in one accommodation IT would be handy to seperate my inlaws in their own apartment? I just don't want the resort to think that it's a double booking/mistake and cancel
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    The Sun says this..
    You will need an application form for each accommodation required (e.g. 2 application forms for 2 families).
    You will also need a set of newspaper tokens for each application form.
    Complete one application form for each individual party/family.
    YOU MUST SELECT THE SAME PARK AND DATE CHOICES ON ALL FORMS.
    Staple all the forms together. Attach a covering letter explaining that you all want to go together.
    Attach the payment and send all the forms and payment IN ONE ENVELOPE.
    Whilst we do try to accommodate all ‘group’ parties together, due to the high volume of applications, we cannot always guarantee you will be placed together.
    Terms and conditions #6 “We cannot guarantee multiple applications will be similarly processed”.

I've booked two chalets for same date/place online but it's a gamble.
    Once you book for the one section of family there's no guarantee that the same date/place will be available.
  • willtup2
    Options
    I have been using the sun holidays for several years and me and my family have always had a fab time. I am considering booking one abroad which we have never done before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Was thinking of France for the February half turn. How much on average would the total cost be, as obviously more for flights/ferry travel

hi there i dont think that the french campsites are open in february-i'm sure they dont open until april-may
  • holidaysforme
    Options
    As far as I know none of the French campsites will be open in February. The earliest some open is for Easter, but most don't open until May.
  • elitelady
    elitelady Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They don't have any sites near to London do they ?
  • bazzyb
    bazzyb Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Options
    elitelady wrote: »
    They don't have any sites near to London do they ?

Several in Kent
  • elitelady
    elitelady Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I want to go to Hampton court palace and they are all well over an hour away :(
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    OK people......please help a complete sun newbie out?

After collecting the tokens is it just a case of scrolling through the parks you fancy and at the bottom of the parks description page where you see something like this

Service Charge £7.50 per unit per night on £9.50 breaks - £9.50 per unit per night on £15 breaks
    Clubroom Passes £6 per person per £9.50 break, £8 per person per £15 break.
    PAY ONLY £9.50 - 13, 16 March
    PAY ONLY £15 - 1 June

Means that you have to select one of those dates only and that's part of the suns offer? ( soz I know this might sound reaaaaally stupid! )

Is there a quicker way to find out if a selection of parks are available starting from certain dates?

Cheers

CR
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    edited 3 January 2015 at 12:58AM
    Options
    OK people......please help a complete sun newbie out?

After collecting the tokens is it just a case of scrolling through the parks you fancy and at the bottom of the parks description page where you see something like this

Service Charge £7.50 per unit per night on £9.50 breaks - £9.50 per unit per night on £15 breaks
    Clubroom Passes £6 per person per £9.50 break, £8 per person per £15 break.
    PAY ONLY £9.50 - 13, 16 March
    PAY ONLY £15 - 1 June

Means that you have to select one of those dates only and that's part of the suns offer? ( soz I know this might sound reaaaaally stupid! )

Is there a quicker way to find out if a selection of parks are available starting from certain dates?

Cheers

CR

The pay only dates are the dates that you pay only the prices stated. On other dates you will pay the initial booking fee of £9.50 / £15 per person, with a minimum of 4, plus there will be additional charges for things such as entertainment passes, service fee, linen etc. You will be sent an invoice by the park you are allocated for the balance. Recently the balance has been payable within a month of receiving the invoice otherwise your holiday will be cancelled and you will loose your initial payment, although some parks still allow you to pay a month or two before the holiday start date.

No there is no quick way to find out which parks have availability on which dates. It is a manual, time consuming process. You will have to put in your 4 preferred dates, and 4 preferred parks, then you will be told what park is available on which date before you pay if you have a priority reference number. If you do not have a priority reference number, which it would seem you do not as you are collecting paper tokens, then you only get assigned a park and date AFTER you have paid. It is possible now to book online if you are not a priority booker, but you will only be able to do so a day or two after priority bookers, and there is a different website that you will need to use. You therefore do not actually need the paper tokens.

If none of the 4 parks you want are not available on your selected dates you will either be told there is nothing available from the parks you have chosen and you will have to list another 4 different parks, or the booking system will offer you some alternatives. The same happens if none of the 4 dates you have put down are not available.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • essex_boy
    essex_boy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Options
    Todays Codeword is SNOW
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing