Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.2K replies 92.1K views

Replies

• scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both sets of books have been paid for, so thats more pennies safely in my bank account.

Other than that I've not managed much this weekend, Friday I wasn't home for most of the day as I went in to work to sit an exam, ended up staying for a wine tasting training session then went to two supermarkets to do my shopping for the swim event on Sunday.

Saturday was designated preevent lazy day, the male went for a run then dragged me out of bed at lunchtime with bacon butties, we had nice carby pasta bake for dinner then attempted an early night - the reality was he was asleep within minutes but I was awake until nearly 4am (with a 6am alarm set).

Sunday was event day, up at the stupidly early alarm, and drove over to the event base in Windsor, registered and then got the bus to the start line. It was tough, but so very pretty along the swim route, the male walked alongside so I have lots of pics of me swimming - at least we think its me - what you mostly see are two orange blobs, a small one which is my head and a larger one which is my tow float, and the purple cuffs of a wetsuit.

But 10k and 4 hours 12 minutes later this was me....wetsuits aren't flattering, exhaustion is not flattering and skinny marine mammals are sick.

48032308562_8a5cdd5f6d_m.jpgJubilee River Swim 2019 by Chris Drew, on Flickr
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • pennywisepoundstupidpennywisepoundstupid Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the swim, love the picture xx
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    And its what passes for the weekend again....

Had the day off today, booked my car in for its service and MOT this morning - £350 later its all passed and done for another year. When I finally went to pick it up I had to go to Mr T for some bits of shopping - dinner for tonight and some soft drinks so I can drink through some more of the spirits in the cupboard. Spent a little less than £14, soft drinks, dinner and some snacks.

This evening I booked a ticket to go see Ben Aaronovitch talk, he's the author of the Rivers of London series and in the past as done screen writing, I think probably among my favourite living writers at the moment. The timing of his talk at my local venue was rather fabulous as his latest novella was released yesterday so new book, autographed and an hour laughing while I learned a bit more about how he creates his characters and places. A really well spent £18 I would say - £8 ticket and £10 book.

Tomorrow I'm back to sporting lunacy with a 5k mud run.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mud run survived. A few extra grazes on my shins, and a stonking great blister under the arch of my foot but nothing too serious as it hasn't had an impact while I've been at work today.

I've finished another book from the to read and get rid of pile, and the new one I bought the other day. Going to take a couple more from the to read pile to the males place later.

Currently got a load of washing in the machine once thats done I'll go back to himselfs place for an evening on the sofa with a bottle of wine.

Decluttering hasn't really gone anywhere this week but then I've hardly been here either so I haven't made too much extra mess either - when I bring the finished books home I'll have another go at getting rid of some of the books from the boxes.

Earnings wise this week has been slow, problems with the video section on instagc and now it's working again long ads have slowed the bonus collection. But I'm still chipping away and earning small points.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decluttering attempt with the books not successful only two I could possibly send this time and not worth enough for them to take them, so I grabbed another book from the to read box and am working through it before work in hope that it'll be added to the two and get me closer to being able to send them away.

I did however get home early enough this morning that I was here before the bin men came so added three more jars of sauce from the product buy back to the recycling and food waste caddy, only another two to get rid of next time now.

Even more annoying is that I got my credit card statement today - this is annoying because I came home from the males place this morning specifically to transfer the car service cost from my bank to the credit card before my statement was generated.

I still need to call the bank to ask for a new debit card with a working chip so thats on the to do list, and I've started cleaning my washing machine when I used it for a quick load yesterday I noticed that the detergent drawer was getting gunked up so after the washing finshed put that in to soak in the sink - I'll finish that and leave the machine running a hot wash when I head for work later.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finished two more books, only one can be added to the rather small stack I could send off, and isn't worth enough to make it an acceptable order so I'm ploughing through another one - if this one doesn't sell I'll see if anyone at work wants it as its by a guy who used to do branding for drinks.

Work has been quieter than we expected, the poor weather has kept guests in their rooms rather than in the bar or restaurant after the day out, but we're hoping it'll be busier over the next few days.#

In the meantime tonight I've hit my sb target and am plodding along with insta, and a few email surveys.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even want to think about how spendy this week has been so far!

Weekend in Suffolk where I swam in two events at Great East swim. Came home Sunday, one night at the males then off again to Sussex, where we had a night in a luxury spa hotel, with dinner for his birthday, before an afternoon down at Brighton. While in Brighton for no apparent reason my iphone screen stopped working - I'm fed up of putting new screens in to it so I've bought a new android handset for about £10 more than the iphone screen would have cost me, I'll order a screen kit for it from amazon and if it sorts it out then I'll start using it again and sell on the 'droid handset.

The male and I also paid a visit to Ikea, and bought two bits of furniture for his bedroom to make my moving in easier - a chest of drawers and kallax storage unit, my half of those purchases is £110.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back to work this week, thank goodness! It'll get me back on track with not spending money, I need to get fuel at some point this week but hopefully I'll have nothing else to spend money on other than some fresh milk if I run out what I have in already.

I've cashed out £10 from opinionbar, also £1.05 from qmee to paypal so they're my starting point towards this months £95. Only another £83.95 to go!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got another small parcel of books to drop off at the shop at some point this week.

So thats four books being decluttered, I've also binned two nearly empty hotel conditioner bottles, and when I'm home next for more than an hour or so will have a sort through of my coat hangers and ditch the older thin plastic ones.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Planned to sort out the bag of coat hangers this afternoon but ended up spending nearly 3 hours trying to get the laptop to reconnect to the internet (DNS error).

Before I got home I visited Mr T, spent £18 (so much for only milk.....) but of that £4 is cashback via the apps, £9 is 24 cans of cola for purposes of decluttering the booze cupboard, some freezer stuff of which part was dinner tonight.

Now I'm back online I'm working through some surveys, and running hideout.tv. SB target was met thanks to a delayed credit survey from a couple of weeks ago.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here