Scuba's Saving the Ha'Pennies

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.2K replies 92.1K views

Replies

• scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Failed to get out early enough to swim, also failed to wake up early enough today to cycle to work. So saved money on not swimming but spend money on fuel....:rotfl:

Could have gone for a run this evening, didn't.

I have however spent 30 mins uploading some more stuff to gumtree, I'll use the photos to copy the ads over to facebook sales and shpock tomorrow.

The two packs of books are labelled and ready to be dropped off tomorrow.

I've finally booked a hairdressers appointment for tomorrow afternoon, and will get the train to the town as its not my local town - but is walking distance from the branch of Decathlon hosting this weekends free 5k race.

While sorting out the gumtree stuff I also decluttered another bag of old batteries - about 10 of them are in a bag ready to go to a recycling point while I'm in town tomorrow.

In the menatime I'm watching Bake off the Professionals (two of my colleagues are competing), and will get going reading the next book in my to read box after the show finishes.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • edited 29 May 2019 at 7:40PM
    scubaangelscubaangel Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 May 2019 at 7:40PM
    Went in to the city today. Hair cut achieved (£39), picked up a book I've been looking for in Waterstones (£7.99), got some bits in Primarni (£13), and a couple of bits in Poundland and a coffee and snack while I was waiting for my train since I was cold and wet from it starting to rain shortly after I got on the train and I'd forgotten up pick up my packamac.

Overall it was a spendier day than I'd necessarily planned.

The other side is that I got credit for a pcone survey so redeemed it for £3 paypal, also a couple of qmee surveys so I'll withdraw £2 later this evening.

While looking for something in the back of a cupboard I decided it was time to declutter a bottle of Sherry (inherited when the Canadian left the UK the first time) and a bottle of very cheap Vodka I was given as a friend couldnt stomach it - yeah I can't deal with it either. So both have gone down the sink.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    After much disagreement with SB I have had the SB refunded for the £25 mastercard thats never turned up. I'm torn between changing my email and attempting to reorder or just going back to paypal for a few months, but paypal isnt as good value SB wise.

Still need to take the two parcels to drops offs, there's one can be dropped off a short walk from home, cant even remember just now where the other one needs to go!

Aims for the day, run or swim. SB daily goal, declutter three more things, and complete at least ten of the surveys sat in my inbox (prioritising those less likely to be screened out like yougov).
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• edited 30 May 2019 at 7:29PM
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 May 2019 at 7:29PM
    Parcels dropped off - happily the newsagent round the corner from home takes both.

Finished a survey on one site to find that it tipped me over the redemption threshold so redeemed, recieved and transferred £10 in to the bank.

So thats 1/10 surveys complete and another £10 towards my £95 target for next month.

I've completed a couple of short SB surveys too but not counting those in my 10, simply because they're not email ones and they go towards my SB daily goal aim.

Decluttering hasn't started yet, but I have added 1 item to the flat as I've had a product test in the post, but as its something I do normally use and I've almost run out of my current product it's saved me buying the next one.

Been for a run, and hit the SB goal. About to throw myself in the shower then will hit the email surveys. I'm counting the five out of date cereal bars chucked in the bin as my decluttering for the day. I've also put another item on gumtree.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    After my shower last night I rechecked the food cupboard and decided to bin a tub of instant custard, tin of butter beans, and a container of salt - all of which had use by dates from 2014, and the salt was pretty much one solid lump, I have enough salt in my shaker to last for ages anyway so theres a very good chance I'll not need to buy any until long after I expect to be making proper plans to move in with the male.

I also booked my car service and MOT for a couple of weeks time, I've got the money for it thanks to not having been paying the finance since Jan.

Today I'm back at work so I've set my targets low - SB goal and whatever else I can earn from surveys.

I planned to go drop off the paperwork to register with a local GP but I can't find it, so I'll reprint it at work later and aim to go on a day off next week.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• edited 1 June 2019 at 3:00AM
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 June 2019 at 3:00AM
    A little bit more decluttering done - the male wants to parkrun in the morning so I decided I should join him, I've got a fairly large amount of my running kit in the wash basket at the moment so had to hae a rummage in my sports kit box for a clean pair of leggings. While I was rummaging I found a really really old sports bra which I've chucked in the charity shop box, a brand new still with tags pair of running tights that were just too small when I bought them and wouldnt come close to fitting over my knees now never mind my thighs and hips which I'll try to sell, and a collection of the first sports tops I ever bought, all with built in support before I found a sports bra that works for me, I'll try them all on at some point soon and decide if they're worth keeping or if they're too small and should be charity shop/selling pile items.

There's a fairly large pile of other stuff I just couldn't face sorting out left on the living room floor as well - stuff to deal with next time I'm home at a reasonable hour!

Also not sure if I'm amused or offended but not one of my colleagues noticed the hair cut today - considering it's gone from touching the small of my back to shoulder blade length it really should have been a fairly noticable change!
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• pennywisepoundstupidpennywisepoundstupid Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gosh you are up early/late. well done on having a sort out I really must sort my wardrobe out I know I have some stuff hanging up still with tags on that have been there at least 2 years.

Have a good run and happy new hair cut, they will probably notice in a coupe of weeks.
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    I work late shifts normally, so finishing work around 12.30-1.30am is my normal, and until I properly move in with the male I'm going home, feeding my fish, getting my clean stuff ready for work the next day and doing an hour or so of sb/insta/surveys etc before I go back to his for the night. It means I spend some time in the day before work just sat reading.

Failed to run since the time I got home was just unpleasant.

Currently wandering around the flat playing the where have I hidden my debit card game - I thought I'd used it for something while I was in the city getting my hair cut but having logged in to check I didn't, it was actually over a week ago that I last used it on a quick work related shopping trip. It's not in my work bag, purse, the handbag I took with me in to the city or my coat or jeans pockets from that day.

It's not where it usually gets dumped on the "stuff" surface next to the fish tank, nor is it down the sides of the sofa cushions.

I'll have to give it a couple more days then cancel it if it's not turned up, I assume its here somewhere but given the piles of stuff that have been shuffled recently while I've been trying to declutter and tidy up there are more places than normal it could be tucked under something.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Home again, another day of not alot achieved before work - to the point that when I did go in to work one of the front of house team even asked me if I was ok as I still looked knackered.

Relatively easy shift, nice people and two other groups dining near my people so there were plenty of us around to run the food and keep an eye on each others diners.

While rummaging last night I found a part pack of scented tea lights I brought home after a wedding as the bride didn't want them - currently got one burning as my flat smells a bit musty from not having me "live" here for a few days. Funny how even though I visit daily it starts to smell musty and unlived in fairly quickly.

Got an email today saying that money from lifepoints has landed in my paypal account so I'll withdraw that in to the bank tonight, making another £5 towards this months £95 aim.

I need to log in and track the two parcels of books I sent too, hopefully they'll pay soonish as I've finished a couple more books so will be trying to sort out and send some more in the next week or so.

In the meantime before I head to the males to go to sleep I'll be headed back to sb and Insta.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    One book parcel has been recieved - had an email today from them letting me know, the other is still in transit as it was picked up a day later.

Debit card has been found....it was tucked behind my business cards in my purse. I'm sure I'd checked all the card slots but apparently not!

Swag goal hit thanks to a survey so currently letting the video apps run for a few extra sb. Remembered my log in for figure 8 as well, I normally only use that on Insta so have done a few easy low point tasks tonight to boost my bonus there since I haven't hit the full 5% since the end of the double up promo at Christmas, I'm unlikely to achieve it this week but if there are a few quick easyish tasks to do I'll soon bump the bonus back up again.

It looks like I've lost one of my small fish too, one had developed a bend in its tail last week, it was still swimming and seemed to be feeding happily so I put some general purpose aquarium medicene in the tank and was keeping an eye on it. Poor little thing didn't get any better but equally didn't get any worse and I can't find it in there today (didn't see it last night either but as it sometimes hid among the plants I didn't worry about it at the time). I'll do a big water change and something akin to a deep clean while I'm off.

And on that note I'm off to get dressed again and head to the males place - I got home from work and needed a shower and to wash some blouses for the next few days or I'd have posted my daily rambling earlier.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here