Yorkshire puds on a Xmas dinner - yes or no?

Comments

• Absolutely, I consider them a necessity.
    :staradmin: June NSD's 2/19:staradmin: Sealed Pot #460 :staradmin: £/day £185 saved :staradmin: W.S.C 2015 #45 :staradmin: F.P. 2/24 months :staradmin:
  • LEFTOVER Yorkshire puds?! Not in this house!

(we eat them with every roast and I will do some for the kids Xmas day)
  • Totality
    Totality Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    Oooh can I have the recipe please.

Isn't much of a recipe to be honest! Get a mini yorkshire pud, or a vol au vent, or a mini croustade. Put a cocktail sausage in the centre of it, add a spoon of cranberry sauce, and a little bit of wensleydale, and put in the oven for a few mins until all warmed through (the pud/vav/croustade would have already been cooked).
  • Another one for yorkshire here, im i east yorkshire and we (meaning, everyone I know) has them with all roasts.
    I believe all cafes and restaurants serve them with their roasts around here too.

They will definitely be served with Christmas dinner. My fussy eating kids old never forgive me if they wasnt!

I agree it's an older generation thing, but I can't get my head around eating them with sweet things, such as syrup, jam and the like.
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Yorkshires...yes,but then we have beef rather than turkey
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • catkins
    catkins Posts: 5,703
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Definitely - it wouldn't be Christmas dinner without Yorkshires.

Me and OH always have them with a roast dinner - when we ate meat with all meats and now we are veggie with whatever veggie option we have
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
  • No! I don't even know how you could possibly make proper Yorkshire pudding without real beef dripping! Only with beef, or before it.

I think you must all be talking about Aunt Bessie's
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,248
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm having beef so will have Yorkshires.

There seems to be a bit of disagreement amongst the Yorkshire folk about how and when to have them. Pistols at dawn?:D

Ps went to North Yorkshire on holiday this year and the food was amazing
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite

I think you must all be talking about Aunt Bessie's

How dare you! :p

I do agree they are best made with animal fat, but that's available separate to a piece of meat.
  • It is not very common now but yes crisps but referred to as Game chips are a traditional accompaniment to poultry its something i learnt many years ago when training to be a chef.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure