IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

ParkingEye - Morrisons

Replies

• JohnBravoJohnBravo Forumite
    216 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi again,
    Thank you very much for you input.
    Two scenarios - two retail car parks in the vicinity. One at Tesco in the town centre where Tesco does not care about times, the car park is always full, people even double park and no NTK issued. They know well that every car that parks there generates customers more than anything else.
    Regarding this Morrison's one. It is located in the industrial area and there is no place to go apart from popping in to ScrewFix or SafeStore.
    The car park is always filled only between 40-70%(peak time). I think they shot themselves in the foot by hiring ParkingEye to reduce the throughput.
    How my friend says "I will proceed accordingly"
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" – Tuco
    “The most basic question is not what is best, but who decides what is best.” – Thomas Sowell
    “When you’ve spent your entire life entitled, equality will feel like discrimination.” – Thomas Sowell
  • edited 20 March 2015 at 11:15PM
    JohnBravoJohnBravo Forumite
    216 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 20 March 2015 at 11:15PM
    Hi everyone,
    First of all many thanks to contributors and anyone who has offered his helping hand to defend against it.
    Thanks to the templates from this forum I have managed to avoid this parking ticket.
    Case from last year:
    parking at Morrisons, Borehamwood (Halfords is 2 miles away)

More recent case:
    parking at shopping centre, exactly near Halfords (Morrisons is 2 miles away)

I was not able to post links to scans.

In both cases the overstay was identical - 20 minutes.
    I have used exactly the same templates, but changed some minor details in them.
    First one I have won thanks to Morrisons intervention (I assume)
    second one it looks like I have lost - Halfords claims that the parking is not their property and I should liaise directly with ParkinEye.
    Is it possible that their parking is owned by someone else?

While I was preparing images for this post I have noticed that ParkingEye has actually made a mistake in the correspondence from December where they have stated a wrong address - address of Halfords not Morrisons.

I have noticed that all the letters they have sent to me have an incorrect address in them.
    I am not sure if this was another ground to cancel this ticket.
    I think this seriously compromise their credibility where they send pictures with a post code and pictures are taken 2 miles away.

Anyway do you think I should send another letter to the right people - I mean property management company that manges that shopping centre including Halfords?
    Please advice and again many thanks for help so far.
    Best regards,
    “The most basic question is not what is best, but who decides what is best.” – Thomas Sowell
    “When you’ve spent your entire life entitled, equality will feel like discrimination.” – Thomas Sowell
  • statorstator Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If the charge is for parking in Halfords you should take a dual track approach. Contact Halfords again and say that although it is not their property still ask them to contact the land owner and the parking company concerned and ask them to cancel because you are a genuine customer. Also contact the company that own the car park and use a similar argument.
    If you still have time since it was issued appeal to the parking company and then to POPLA using the forms. If the appeal window is closed then you either pay up or wait and see if they take you to court. Parking Eye often do.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • Hi All,

I am new to all this so please excuse my ignorance.
    A family member received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye and on her behalf I downloaded the letter from this site and sent it to parking eye. They have now replied with a rejection of invalid invoice letter and a second letter quoting HHJ Moloney QC judgements. They have also questioned my original letter as being generic. Their letter does not really give an outcome, gives me advice on loads of FAQ's but does not contain any details of what could happen next, or that I can appeal.
    I see on this site that there is lots of talk about appealing to POPLA but can anyone give me a link or advice as to where I go next? especially in view of recent rulings in the press etc.
    Any help or advice gratefully received.
  • I think you need to start your own thread, but for now, did PE send you a POPLA code? It should be on the rejection letter they sent you.

Start a new thread all of your own to save confusing this one further.
  • statorstator Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi All,

I am new to all this so please excuse my ignorance.
    A family member received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye and on her behalf I downloaded the letter from this site and sent it to parking eye. They have now replied with a rejection of invalid invoice letter and a second letter quoting HHJ Moloney QC judgements. They have also questioned my original letter as being generic. Their letter does not really give an outcome, gives me advice on loads of FAQ's but does not contain any details of what could happen next, or that I can appeal.
    I see on this site that there is lots of talk about appealing to POPLA but can anyone give me a link or advice as to where I go next? especially in view of recent rulings in the press etc.
    Any help or advice gratefully received.
    If the reply you got includes a POPLA code, use it, using the forms from this website.
    If the reply does not have a POPLA code then write back DEMANDING one and also complain to the BPA about this company that is failing to issue POPLA codes.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • JohnBravoJohnBravo Forumite
    216 Posts
    Forumite
    Hi again,
    Where can I lookup for the property owners?
    I somehow cannot find the landlord of that shopping centre.
    Thank you
    Best regards,
  • Johno100Johno100 Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    JohnBravo wrote: »
    Hi again,
    Where can I lookup for the property owners?
    I somehow cannot find the landlord of that shopping centre.
    Thank you
    Best regards,

Halfords, Borehamwood? That's the Borehamwood Shopping Park I believe. Suggest you have a read of this article from last April in the Borehamwood Times.

http://www.borehamwoodtimes.co.uk/news/11153191._We_won_t_bother_now____shoppers_vow_to_boycott_shopping_park_after_new_parking_rules/

Seems the landlords are Jones LaSalle (JLL), best of luck appealing to their better nature.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    So, just under a year ago a poll conducted by a local rag showed that 89% of those polled would boycott the site, yet it is still functioning, what happened?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Guys_DadGuys_Dad Forumite
    11K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Probably the same pollsters who had a poll on "Bring back Hanging" at a guess.

Certainly same action.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals