IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye - Morrisons

Options
Hi everyone,
I am very grateful that there is such place where community develops selfdefence against these predatory business entities.
I can see them everyday 8:45am hunting down all mommies wanting drop their children at the school, leaving their cars in restricted places.

I have received NTK from ParkingEye for parking 20minutes over prescribed time (3h20min)
I cannot understand this law language very well.
(SCHEDULE 4 Recovery of unpaid parking charges)
re their compliance.
The "breach" has occurred on 18.11
The NTK has been issued 22.11 (Sat)
I have received it today after a week. It seems to me a bit late.
I have a discount till 6th.
What interesting is that it happened to me that I was parking there for a whole day (e.g. 8h) without a single NTK issued to me. I was doing this almost every week for at least last 6 months and now they want to charge me for 20min of overstay.
Have they turned on the camera or something?
What are your suggestions?
Please advise.
Thank you
"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" – Tuco
“The most basic question is not what is best, but who decides what is best.” – Thomas Sowell
“When you’ve spent your entire life entitled, equality will feel like discrimination.” – Thomas Sowell

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First bit of advice - a comment really - is that you have been very lucky for 6 months, unless things have changed.

You do need to read the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of the forum - it is in simpler language than POFA 2012. Reading a selection of other threads will help as well. Do that first and then come back with what specific help you need further.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have they turned on the camera or something?

It could be that, were you a customer of the morrisons store at the time?
    the above would be useful to know as if you were it opens another route of complaint up, and another way to get shot of the parking charge.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • JohnBravo
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    It could be that, were you a customer of the morrisons store at the time?
    the above would be useful to know as if you were it opens another route of complaint up, and another way to get shot of the parking charge.

Hi again,
    I will read the guide once again.
    Re being a customer of Morrisons.
    Hard to say, but definitely I have left my car many times without going to the store and there was no NTK.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" – Tuco
    “The most basic question is not what is best, but who decides what is best.” – Thomas Sowell
    “When you’ve spent your entire life entitled, equality will feel like discrimination.” – Thomas Sowell
  • Half_way
    edited 30 November 2014 at 11:00AM
    Options
    You've said that you were using the car park to park there for a whole day
    What interesting is that it happened to me that I was parking there for a whole day (e.g. 8h) without a single NTK issued to me. I was doing this almost every week for at least last 6 months and now they want to charge me for 20min of overstay.
    then you have also said the parking eye letter was for this
    I have received NTK from Parking Eye for parking 20minutes over prescribed time (3h20min)
    which is not a whole day, but more like the amount of time that could reasonably be explained with a big shop and a visit to the in store cafe.

Forget about the times you have used that car park in the past, you need to deal and focus solely on the time that you used the car park that caused parking eye to issue the letter, and take a good read of the sticky thread at the top.

If you were a customer of Morrisons on that date then it can be used as another way to get rid of the parking charge via a complaint to the retailer about parking eye, do not take your eye of the ball with regards to a challenge to parking eye, the complaint to store/get store to cancel should always be done in parallel with a challenge to parking eye. If you weren't a customer then you can still see this thing off easily by reading the sticky threads.

If it goes to popla do not mention anything about what you did or didnt do in the past, do not mention anything about being a customer or not this will/may only confuse the POPLA assessor you will just need to deal with the raw facts regarding the time that you parked and got a letter from parking eye.

And I would also suggest that if you intend to leave your car in in a car park all day whilst going elsewhere you either get the full permission from the store manager/site owner to do this. You will need to give your registration number in and get something in writing or you find somewhere else to park. This website may be of use in finding somewhere else to park http://www.parkopedia.co.uk/

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The OP appears to be a serial trespasser on private land, I do not think that contributors should spent too much time rescuing him from the consequences of his actions.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_way
    Options
    Th OP appears to be unaware that parking in a supermarket car park all day is wrong, or that supermarket doesn't want people doing that.
    As far as the OP is probably concerned or aware its a big car park with loads of spaces, which He/She had been using for 6 months with no issue.
    which brings up the question of adequate signage.

The OP has said they had been parking there all day, without problems for 6 months and that the ticket was issued after a stay of 3hours 20 minutes which does not make a full day.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    The OP appears to be a serial trespasser on private land, I do not think that contributors should spent too much time rescuing him from the consequences of his actions.
    Maybe not but the modus operandi of the pariah that is ParkingEye, is far worse. The presence and influence of ParkingEye on a retail park is a much bigger headache for retailers than a single car being parked there. It's just that the retailers have not yet woken up and smelt the coffee about this 'litigious megalomaniac PPC's negative impact...yet. I think in 2015 they will.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TDA
    TDA Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    As far as the OP is probably concerned or aware its a big car park with loads of spaces, which He/She had been using for 6 months with no issue.

Let's not be ridiculous. It's a supermarket car park. Clearly the OP knows it's not just a 'big car park', for use by anyone wanting to go off into Town, or commute to London for the day.
  • Half_way
    Options
    Depends on the supermarket, there's one nor far from me that had to provide free all day parking for shoppers, residents and visitors to the town as a part of its planing conditions.
    theres no parking chaos and no ppc.

• Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    Options
    Depends on the supermarket, there's one nor far from me that had to provide free all day parking for shoppers, residents and visitors to the town as a part of its planing conditions.
    theres no parking chaos and no ppc.

And it wouldn't be the first time a PPC has ridden roughshod over such planning conditions and started dishing out tickets to those leaving a site on foot or overstaying some arbitrary time limit imposed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure