Thoughts on BT tv

Options
I'm currently a sky subscriber which I mainly use for the HD channels. I've recently signed up for bt infinity which makes the prospect of BT tv look a whole lot more attractive and it seems like I could save a bit of cash.

The problem is I don't know anyone with BT tv so I've no idea if it's any good. Does anyone here have any experience of this service and how good is it in reality?

Comments

• Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm currently a sky subscriber which I mainly use for the HD channels. I've recently signed up for bt infinity which makes the prospect of BT tv look a whole lot more attractive and it seems like I could save a bit of cash.

The problem is I don't know anyone with BT tv so I've no idea if it's any good. Does anyone here have any experience of this service and how good is it in reality?

I didnt like it , went back to Sky and glad i did , much prefer the Sky format and look
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 November 2014 at 9:33PM
    Options
    As Dan-Dan has pointed out above, its not for everyone. But I like it. Heres a list of the channels available -

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46017/kw/live%20channel%20list/c/348,6300/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5MDQyNDIxNy9zaWQvRkJoRE4xTGw%3D

Edit - Plus Sky Sports 1, 2 & 5.
  • jessmist
    jessmist Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I transfered over to BT from Sky in May.
    I went for the BT infinity1 unlimited and the BT tv with the entertainment channels plus the kids pack for an extra £3 a month
    I was unsure at first if i was doing the right thing as i had been with sky for 15 years.
    But i have found BT youview to be spot on. The entertainment channels are delivered over the infinity connection but are excellent quality. Just as good as my old sky box.
    I would definitely recommend BT TV
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Horrendous, we've had it 2 weeks and I've had to stop Marley from launching the box thru the window every night! Pause not working, extra channels not playing, box freezing ... and the Support answer every time is "reboot it" :mad:
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • thescouselander
    Options
    Horrendous, we've had it 2 weeks and I've had to stop Marley from launching the box thru the window every night! Pause not working, extra channels not playing, box freezing ... and the Support answer every time is "reboot it" :mad:

That doesn't sound good. Which box have you got?
  • thescouselander
    Options
    VisionMan wrote: »
    As Dan-Dan has pointed out above, its not for everyone. But I like it. Heres a list of the channels available -

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46017/kw/live%20channel%20list/c/348,6300/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5MDQyNDIxNy9zaWQvRkJoRE4xTGw%3D

Edit - Plus Sky Sports 1, 2 & 5.

I'm not sure I'm bothered about the sky look and feel. I came to Sky, about a year ago after we moved, from Virgin Media and I've always thought Sky box to be not as good as the Tivo box we used to have.

The channel list looks good though. Is the BT box able to record the HD channels that arrive over the internet?
  • jessmist
    Options
    Yes you can record,pause, rewind etc
  • baldyj
    baldyj Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just switched from Sky to BT and I'm really glad i did. I much prefer the youview box to the Sky+HD box.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That doesn't sound good. Which box have you got?
    Dunno, whatever is the most recent one!

Think we might have found out what the problem is - we're using the BT wifi senders (which we paid thru the nose for) and they're simply not up to the job of transferring the extra i.e. internet channels reliably. So OP don't go for the wifi senders - use a cable connection!
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • VisionMan
    VisionMan Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bt don't supply wifi senders. Do you mean powerline adaptors? The ones you plug into a wall socket?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure