Tesco clubcard late payment 1 day

Options

Comments

• licsa
    licsa Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    :(

Thank you! Now I truly feel like an idiot for not even remotely thinking about this...

The woman I spoke with hasn't mentioned anything either re: any interest and the 0% rate being cancelled... That would be really awful if they remove my 0% because of this mistake. Will definitely call tomorrow, thanks again.
    CC balance: £7445 | paid off so far: £355
  • VeronicaMars
    Options
    Did you ask if this 0% intro rate was affected by the late payment?...they usually are, along with interest backdated to the start of the last statement date.

When you breach your T&Cs like this with a 0% intro deal, you've generally 4 things to negotiate:

1. The £12 fee refunded
    2. The late payment marker stopping/removing
    3. The interest already charged (check your next statement, because you may have lost the 0% rate from the date of the last statement)
    4. The interest to be charged going forward (because they've removed the 0% rate)

Back to my original point (now you've thrown in this additional information), I'd call tomorrow during 'office hours' to discuss/clarify all 4 of the above points.

A warning...not many people are successful in getting a satisfactory outcome on all 4 points. There's usually some 'penalty' to pay, eg MBNA will offer you 1.9% APR going forward (point 4), instead of 0%, and insist last months interest still stands (point 3)...according to reports on here.

Yep, I was also going to say you should check this!

I had a 0% credit card with Bank of Scotland and there was a bank issue that cancelled my direct debit...

THANKFULLY the issue was with Bank of Scotland and not my other account, but the helpful lady at BOS explained the 4 steps above that she had to fix because it was their fault, also that I had to manually make the minimum payment for that month. She told me to keep an eye on the account for the next month to make sure the direct debit came out and that I was not charged interest!

Fingers crossed you get the 0% back! Goodluck x
    Originally debt free 27th November 2014 :T

Mortgage July 2016 - £175,295.00 | Sept 2017 - £167,350.00 | Sept 2018 - £162,926.00
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I accidentally forgot to pay the Nationwide this month soon as I realised made an immediate payment of last months and this months payments then rang them.

They refunded the fee, without asking for it, and they confirmed it will not affect the 0% on it.

I made the mistake would have been happy for them to keep the fee if they wanted so long as the 0% stayed intact.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • Hyzenthlay
    Options
    I forgot my tesco credit card last month. I remembered on the day it was due, made the payment straight away. It didnt show up on my online account for a couple of days. I had a £12.00 late fee and default notice in the post, even though they received my payment on the due date but it doesnt show on account for a day or two. And yes, i have now set up a direct debit.
  • licsa
    licsa Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all. I called today and confirmed that the £12 fee was waived and also that the 1-day payment didn't affect my 0% promotional rate and I was not charged any interest. In fact the rep told me that Tesco doesn't do that, they don't withdraw promotional rates in these cases where there's a one-off late payment. Will check my next statement just to make sure...

Lesson learned! :)
    CC balance: £7445 | paid off so far: £355
  • VeronicaMars
    Options
    licsa wrote: »
    Thanks all. I called today and confirmed that the £12 fee was waived and also that the 1-day payment didn't affect my 0% promotional rate and I was not charged any interest. In fact the rep told me that Tesco doesn't do that, they don't withdraw promotional rates in these cases where there's a one-off late payment. Will check my next statement just to make sure...

Wooohoooo! :money: :beer::T
    Originally debt free 27th November 2014 :T

Mortgage July 2016 - £175,295.00 | Sept 2017 - £167,350.00 | Sept 2018 - £162,926.00
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    licsa wrote: »

I had exactly the same experience recently...

Top marks to Tesco credit card for excellent customer service. Since they are a company that I love to hate, it is galling to admit that they do at least one thing very well.
  • puk999
    puk999 Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I read OP's first message not long after it was posted and felt sorry for him/her. Great to hear a positive update.
  • pauljoecoe
    Options
    I have forgotten to pay by due date a few times over the years and often got them refunded but have never found it affected my ability to get further credit.
  • DanW87
    DanW87 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    A credit report should show if they have adding a black mark on you. I have set up a DD for the minimum on my Tesco Credit Card and then when I know if I have any spare money for the month then make another payment to them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure