We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Extreme League of Intelligent Team Earners

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    tweets has definitely photoshopped that one...that photo frame has a wobbly edge:o:)

I didn't photoshop my pic I am hopeless at that :( Camera phone must have been slanted :)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,070 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Evening all.

Hope everyone is OK.

Are we all set for Black Friday? I want a new laptop and a new tablet, but I am not sure what's going to be a good deal or not. I might just wait until the after Xmas sale and buy then instead of randomly picking something tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a fab day.

Went to the gym and weighed myself and have almost lost a stone with man flu! Woop. Woop.
    Asda have some in their stores from midnight, and going live online at 1am. Sorry, could not see what spec they were.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    :D:D but sooooooo worth it.

RN makes a bit of a mess in M:o

8f149c2a66dd569bf466d8f4815ce976_zpsa20b8eb7.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Still waiting for my code over 1hr 45min now. What's the longest peeps have waited? :(
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HopePray wrote: »
    Thanks Enterprise,
    I have been to hospital and also have a police incident no.
    I have spoken to my insurance and they will fix my car with no penalty on my NCB. But not the injury.
    They have left it with me to choose, my insurance or theirs?

Hope you aren't too shocked and have something for the pain.
    As for who to claim through, would think your own insurance, who will in turn claim it all back from the op's insurance, that way you shouldn't have to pay any excess and your premiums shouldn't go up.

As for Legal Cover, I had this when hit by a new 17 year old driver, but it still took about 3 years vast amounts of paperwork and several in-depth medicals with "Medical Experts" for my injuries claim to be settled.
    I would never be without Legal Cover after that.

Perhaps you could use a No Win No Fee Solicitor if they think you have more than a 50% chance of winning, but really need some time to see the severity of injury and how long it lasts.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree, take out the legal cover, for the sake of the £25 or whatever it costs it's worth it.

OH and I had a nasty crash about 8 years ago, we claimed for my injury on the other party's insurance. There was no doubt about liability in our case, the police were involved (they could hardly not be as we closed a main road for some time what with bits of engine etc all over the shop) and it was pretty straightforward.

OH was driving a Polish car with Polish insurance at the time - I didn't really want to go through his insurance unless I absolutely had to :o

:eek::eek: sounds terrible:(
    My friend will never work again:(, his marriage split up, he has very short term memory, loads of ops and was only about 35 when this happened all no fault of his own:(, he would have been totally screwed without it, 8 years on just being settled
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Goodnight cya all tomorrow :wave:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    I didn't photoshop my pic I am hopeless at that :( Camera phone must have been slanted :)

Just pulling your leg tweets:)
    Now where did that expression come from:think:

Steady SSM
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Mildred1970
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Didnt do f&f either, have i lost my mojo?:o

I didn't either bubbs :)

I had stuff in my basket, but when it came down to it there was nothing in there that I wanted to spend real physical money on :cool:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Yes :eek:

Please tell me you have champagne. ;)

Nope i have not:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport