Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing you a happy and healthy end of half term x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,491 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Lucky - I went to a humanist funeral a couple of years ago and it was lovely. Very sad as the person it was for died very suddenly at only 29 :( He went home from work feeling "light headed" and that was the last time we saw him :( - Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. Truly awful.

I've mentioned before about Mr SA being jerky in his sleep and I could never pin down exactly which part of him was actually jerking until the other morning and it's his hands - really bizarre to see in action, they just twitch quite violently. Often wonder if this is some sort of mini seizure. One day we'll get a decent night's sleep Lucky! Hey look on the bright side at least he's not completely obsessed with Top Gear, it's driving me mad (pardon the pun!!!).

Hope you've had a fab half term with the boys x
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    SA, you wouldn't believe it but DH is obsessed with a car show called Fast n' Loud!! Amazing how similar they both are! I'm going to try and watch DH next time he is jerky and see what actually happens. The other night it felt like he was literally lifting out of bed like he was on a bouncy castle but then his limbs must have been continuing to shake as he lay flat again as the motion continued for a few seconds. What I've written there sounds like a seizure but it was different somehow (more subdued??), can't think how else to explain it.

DH is actually out at the cinema with Best Mate at the mo, though is due back any time. They both wanted to see the new Mad Max which is not my kind of thing at all, so I encouraged them to go together :T.

Been rock climbing today :D. TV keeps switching itself off :(.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I know I am a bit late but well done on your weight loss. Congratulations too for being SOM!
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All this activity!! And yay for DH going out with BM and giving you some peace!! :D Lovely

The jerky sleep sounds crazy. Him does the falling asleep jerkiness, and is quite bad with it sometimes. wakes himself up and starts it all over again. I et frustrated just with that and I don't worry so can't imagine how stress-inducing it is for both you ladies worrying about seizures!! You have my sympathy!!

Much love xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • tunathe_cat
    tunathe_cat Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hubby also has these wobbles in the night x
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you for your kindness Pooh and Lilt. Tuna! How are you doing? Haven't heard from you for a while Xx

Nice day weatherwise here (if a little windy). DH went running with Paramedic Mate this morning and then we took the boys to the park after lunch. Work wasn't too bad and I managed to get 3 line loads of washing dried outside throughout the day. All in all a good day (apart from DH getting on my nerves a bit!!).

Would have been a NSD if I didn't have to pop in for some bits of shopping when I finished work. Still, no extra spends as all the rest of our entertainment was free.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    DH has had several waves of fear this morning :(. We were going to go swimming but have decided against it. Can you imagine the horror of a full seizure in the pool :eek:. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Not hopeful now of making it to 20 weeks on Tuesday.
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Keep your spirits up beautiful lady. It's come to nothing every time in the last 20 weeks. Think positive. xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I hope hubby is okay today.

Yesterday was a glorious day. Just what everyone needs after a few miserable days. A shame half term wasn't all warm and sunny. It is great to get together with family. And especially when it is free. We all went to Alnwick castle last week. I only had to pay for me. It reminded me why we never went there with our four children.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback