Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Little & often to BC is just great :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    'Morning Lucky, :hello:

Couple of very impressive losses re both types of pound (lbs & sterling). :T

Yay to DH too; 20 weeks and going out more often with PM.. :T

Lookin' good lass, and you sound more cheerful too - (((happyhugs :))))
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow PLMBL

What a year you are having so far....Your wishes are finally coming true and you do seem to be Lucky now :T

Amazing news about the 20 weeks milestone with Dh, Chub club success's and getting debt under 2k. Fantastic

Keep it going, you seem in such a great positive place at the moment. Its lovely.

Are you still on the anti-D's? Do you think they have helped you at all? I do wonder if I should not have stopped mine as my lows seem to get very low some months.

Keep going hun, you are doing amazingly :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you everyone Xx

Today is 4 years to the day of DH's accident. I've felt weird all day, like I'm in mourning. I can't stop thinking what if it was 4 years since he died? How would life be? Obviously I'm pleased he didn't and there have been many positives in the last 4 years, so I can't understand what/why I'm feeling (this way). Steph, I'm still taking the anti-D's for the anxiety. They have definitely helped and I'm in no rush to stop them, though the counselling has helped massively too. Perhaps you should have another chat with the GP?

Spent most of the day gardening in beautiful sunshine. DH cut the hedges and I picked up all the bits so I'm gonna be sore tomorrow!! We've weeded the rest of the garden and planted some 'splashes of colour' courtesy of MiL. Would have been a NSD but we ran out of milk, and I agreed to going through the car wash. The boys had never been through one and were desperate to try it bless them, as we normally hand wash the car. The garage beside DS1's school were offering half price top wash today so I paid £2.99. Not bad for 10 minutes of fun :rotfl:.

Didn't make it to the bank with the bags of coins from the penny bottle, so haven't made to extra payment to Bcard. Will hopefully do so tomorrow Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    plmbl don't worry about thinking about how life could have been. You are in mourning for the person you have lost but still have the person you love. I sometimes think the same way about Mr P and his depression.

I had two friends whose husbands also had demons to live with. One friend said to me 'Don't worry , he will either die or get better'. Sadly both my friends' husbands passed away. And mine didn't get better but we get better days and sometimes better months.

So you and I are both mourning the person we married and love the person they are now no matter how difficult they can be sometimes.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree, Poohbear, when my DH is in a deep depression (as he is now), I miss my husband and wait for him to return. I mourn my ex-DH who suffered a serious head injury, because even though there's a person who looks and sounds like my first husband, it isn't him in spirit or personality, and never will be.

Sorry, Lucky, for hijacking your thread, especially as it's not a very supportive comment. You are doing tremendously well with weight and debt loss, and it's fantastic that Mr Lucky has been seizure free for this long - long may it continue.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you Pooh and Satchmo:A. Your comments both help massively as I know others understand what I mean. Sometimes it's hard to feel like the only one. Hugs to you both, and I hope there are brighter days ahead for both your OHs.

Worried I would feel sore after doing the hedges was a huge understatement!! I'm so stiff it hurts every time I move!! Going up the stairs is torture and don't even get me started on getting on and off the toilet :o. Probably didn't help that we went to the gym yesterday morning and then swimming last night too. I thought it might help loosen me up but it didn't. Work will be fun tonight!!

Last night was our 12th Family Fun Friday :eek:. Where do the weeks go?? Anyway, it was my choice and we went to a fantastic swimming pool down by the coast. It has a wave machine, slides, pirate ship and sprinklers etc, we've only been there once before and neither Dh or DS2 could remember it so they loved it. Downside was it cost £18 for the 4 of us :eek::eek:.

We've had 2 hot and sunny days here but today we have gale force winds. I just want summer to start :(.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi PLMBL,

Swimming sounds fab last night, bet the kids really enjoyed that!!!

Poor you being so sore after the gardening, you ache in places you didn't even know you had don't you haha!!!!

Same hear with the summer, hopefully it will start soon enough xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,381 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I love the support on this thread.
    ( & on mine but havent been on in ages).
    I worry so much about doing less & less & being less & less able.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,353 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pooh, Satchmo and Lucky I am in your "club" with Mr SA not being the person he used to be. But at least our OHs are still here, albeit not the same person they were, sadly. Lucky don't forget we all understand, you're not alone x Four years since the accident and he hs done well all things considered, could be a lot worse. I can't believe it's 2 years since all the carp with Mr SA. If someone had said to me 2 years ago he would still be here I wouldn't have believed them. Weather here has been sunny but very windy today after 2 hot days, we are on the east side too.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure