Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Hi Beanie, hope you aren't aching too much from the physio. Have you found any more nice gentlemen on your travels? :D

I'm sure I read you were at the foodbank today and that it would be cold. Where is yours located? In the past couple of years our local one relocated from a very old mill to a unit in the shopping centre which is much nicer for users. Plus it's tucked out of the way a little bit so it's not obvious who's going in there.

Anyway, hope you've had a good day. x

Aching & best over like an auld woman today:eek::(
    Our foodbank is an old tin hut which is listed.
    The fan heater gave up :eek:
    So even with thick tights, leggings & jeans it was just chuffing freezing.
    Ours is also tucked away a bit so again it is not obvious who is going too & through.
    It is a nice room but cold.

Hope you have had a good day :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Great news on the warm front discount coming through :)

Also well done with the debt payments :)

And the kind gentleman :)

Plus the physio :)

Lovely to read some nice things have happened to you xx

Hurrah for all the above.

Have emailed you x
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ooh, no heating. I bet you were freezing. Hope you managed to get warmed up back home. A listed tin hut, that's something I've never heard of but would like to see. Does it have an interesting history? Have a cosy evening. x
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hurrah for all the above.

Have emailed you x

Thanks.
    Have replied :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Ooh, no heating. I bet you were freezing. Hope you managed to get warmed up back home. A listed tin hut, that's something I've never heard of but would like to see. Does it have an interesting history? Have a cosy evening. x

It was originally built as a church hall.
    Will send you a PM :) x

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Aw I like the story of the man helping you with your parcel. There are some good people about :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you've warmed up now!
    It's so cold :( I can't wait till it gets a bit warmer.

Hope you've had a good day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope you've warmed up now!
    It's so cold :( I can't wait till it gets a bit warmer.

Hope you've had a good day

x

My feet are still blooming cold :( x

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well My dear friend, I disappear for a couple of weeks, and it looks as though you have had a roller coaster of a time, but I reckon there’s more pluses than minuses so I hope this continues

I am now craving custard hmmm

Hugs BM x
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you thaw out before bed Beanie - warm custard foot bath?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback