🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,751 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay to the warm home discount :)

Happy Sunday

You too:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You sound like you've got a lot done today! I agree that the 2 charity's will make the paperwork a mountain rather than a small hill :p

I hope it doesn't snow. Do you have it on the forecast?
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Options
    You sound like you've got a lot done today! I agree that the 2 charity's will make the paperwork a mountain rather than a small hill :p

I hope it doesn't snow. Do you have it on the forecast?

A very big hill:rotfl:

Snow forecast from Tuesday onwards:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    I have been to a friends & went to Sainsbugs.

Got cat food, milk & custard.
    The Ambrosia custard was £1.15 a tin!!!!
    Luckily they also had the basics one which they dont often have.
    So three tins cheaper than one tin of the expensive one!!!

MY neerest Aldi is about 10 miles away & I more often than not go there but not today.

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have been busy today Beanie. :) Blimey are there really people out there who will pay £1.15 for a tin of custard. :eek:

It's easy to say stop worrying about things but when you're the only one who's responsible for everything things are bound to play on your mind. My Mum's on her own, Dad passed away years ago, and she says it's the little things that get her down. Like when she wants a brew but doesn't feel like making one, she can't just say "put the kettle on". There's just no let up from thinking or doing things when it's just you. x
  • beanielou
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    You have been busy today Beanie. :) Blimey are there really people out there who will pay £1.15 for a tin of custard. :eek:

It's easy to say stop worrying about things but when you're the only one who's responsible for everything things are bound to play on your mind. My Mum's on her own, Dad passed away years ago, and she says it's the little things that get her down. Like when she wants a brew but doesn't feel like making one, she can't just say "put the kettle on". There's just no let up from thinking or doing things when it's just you. x

Yes, I so agree.
    Just sometimes it would be nice for someone else to do something.
    Oh well. It is what it is.

Physio tomorrow.
    Forgot to budget for it.
    Again it is what it is.

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think that's the best thing of going for a paper cup coffee - someone else has made it!

Hope tomorrow goes okay Beanie

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    Options
    I think that's the best thing of going for a paper cup coffee - someone else has made it!

x

Pain, but worth it:rotfl:

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

x

Yes, hope physio goes well Beanie. Totally get that Wannabe. Somebody else brewing up for you is one of life's little pleasures. x
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thank you teafor2 :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure