Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,338 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Well...yes. From the accounting side, if you have a £100,000 mortgage with and interest rate of 2%, once that's paid off, you can blow that 2% on...lets say...hats and still have spare room in your budget (capital repayments).

From a "sleep at night" point of view, my Grandfather apparently had a saying: "Out of debt, out of danger."

Though I should point out, he lived through the Great Depression - the idea is still valid.

Out of debt, out of danger sounds good to me.
    I like that. A lot.
    That is what drives me to get rid of this blooming mortgage as at least I can have a roof over my head without the worry of not having a home.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend Beanie . Live every day to the full , that's my motto .
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend Beanie . Live every day to the full , that's my motto .

Thank you :) A good motto to have.

Mine as everyone knows is to keep plodding.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Sometimes plodding gives you the chance to smell the roses. For me, this MSE thing is about increasing choices. If I hadn't made my ops and my economies, I'd never have felt able to walk away from the well paid job that I can now see was making me ill. Take care.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sometimes plodding gives you the chance to smell the roses. For me, this MSE thing is about increasing choices. If I hadn't made my ops and my economies, I'd never have felt able to walk away from the well paid job that I can now see was making me ill. Take care.

Thank you.
    You too xx

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The MSE thing for me is not having to worry. But sometimes I couldn't even think of paying extra - I needed to live and relax and take the foot off the pedal for a short time whilst I evaluated - but I always paid what I had to and didn't get in arrears - just not the extras - then when my spirits lifted paid the extra if I could. As long as it was going in the right direction life was ok.

It makes you put life into perspective though when you lose a close friend or family member - thinking of you.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thank you Millan xx

• beanielou
    Options
    Well I have done some paperwork decluttering today & feel better for it.

I am really chuffed at how fast the snow is melting :j :j

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope the snow goes quickly so you can get out and about. All the white stuff has gone from here and everywhere looks lovely and colourful.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »

And don't think too much Beanie, no good ever comes of it xx. Just be xx

Exactly try to just be in the moment and not overthink.

I never know which is better - having the shock of losing someone instantly or seeing them go over time. If that person meant a lot it still hurts, because they meant a lot.

Thinking of you xxx
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback