Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I really really dont know what I am thinking today to be honest.
    Questioning who I am & what I am doing.
    What is this MSE malarky all about.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    What is this MSE malarky all about.

A bunch of likeminded friendly people, who genuinely care about folks on the interweb whom we’ve never actually met! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Very true Lucky. You lot kept me sane when Mr SA was so poorly. More than anyone in real life did.

And don't think too much Beanie, no good ever comes of it xx. Just be xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    A bunch of likeminded friendly people, who genuinely care about folks on the interweb whom we’ve never actually met! Xx

I worded that badly.
    I meant the whole trying to pay off mortgages/debts whatever.
    Is it really worth it? Really?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I worded that badly.
    Personally I think we're only on this earth for a short period of time. Best not spoil it by having debt hanging over our heads if we can avoid it.

So sorry Beanie xx
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My sympathies, so sorry to hear about your friend Beanie. xx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    I worded that badly.

Well...yes. From the accounting side, if you have a £100,000 mortgage with and interest rate of 2%, once that's paid off, you can blow that 2% on...lets say...hats and still have spare room in your budget (capital repayments).

From a "sleep at night" point of view, my Grandfather apparently had a saying: "Out of debt, out of danger."

Though I should point out, he lived through the Great Depression - the idea is still valid.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Very true Lucky. You lot kept me sane when Mr SA was so poorly. More than anyone in real life did.

And don't think too much Beanie, no good ever comes of it xx. Just be xx

You are so right xx

• beanielou
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Personally I think we're only on this earth for a short period of time. Best not spoil it by having debt hanging over our heads if we can avoid it.

So sorry Beanie xx

You are right & thanks xx

• beanielou
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    My sympathies, so sorry to hear about your friend Beanie. xx

Thank you :) xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback