Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    beanielou said:
    KajiKita said:
    Wowsers re the candle! Not good. I think I would be complaining to whoever you bought it from - that sounds like recall territory to me. Hope it hasn’t left you too shaken up and the rest of the clean up today is easy. 

KK
    Unfortunatly it was a present & was from a private maker.
    Clean up continues.  Still need to get a lot of wax of photo frames & the fire sadly.
    I had one from Mr Al once and it was a huge great big thing, it exploded everywhere. All I can say is thank god it was in the kitchen rather than on carpet, and that no one was actually in the room when it did it! I swept all bits up threw it in a bag and marched over to them demanding a refund :lol: (never mind the cuts and damage it caused which took weeks to find all the bits of dried up wax)!
    Blimey that’s dire. 
    I am now very wary. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Very stiff & sore today. Have been doing way too much. Physio was tough. 

I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry the candle made such a mess. It sounds much worse than I pictured.

Well done on tackling the paperwork.

Sorry physio was rough. Hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sorry the candle made such a mess. It sounds much worse than I pictured.

Well done on tackling the paperwork.

Sorry physio was rough. Hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Thank you 🙏 

• KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 3,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    May today be kinder to you <looks sternly at all candles within a mile radius of Beanie>
    If there is 5 minutes of sun, perhaps you might get chance to sit outside with a cuppa? 🌞😊

KK
    As at 15.04.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £253,994, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £5,965, Interest saved £2,124, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 19 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 17th May)
    Produce tracker: £25.45 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • beanielou
    Options
    KajiKita said:
    May today be kinder to you <looks sternly at all candles within a mile radius of Beanie>
    If there is 5 minutes of sun, perhaps you might get chance to sit outside with a cuppa? 🌞😊

KK
    That would be lovely. 🥰 

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the candle, that sounds scary.  Good luck with the paperwork, though I also hope there is no reason it would be needed any time soon. 

Hope you got a cuppa in the sun
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family