Mums Birthday

Options
It's my mums birthday on the 4th of August and as always I don't know what to get her! She is 42 and really hard to get for, especially with a budget of £30, any ideas?
Work hard play hard......

Comments

• jasonic86
    jasonic86 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    you can get bloomin nice flowers and choccies with £30 and what lady doesn't love to be shown they're loved with flowers, go through a florist though and get something really nice!
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move discussions from the MoneySaving boards if they’re not related to MoneySaving to help everyone find the MoneySaving tips and discussion quicker (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to Discussion Time/The Arms. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No thread specifically for 42 but have a look at this thread for 40th birthday gifts and party ideas in the Celebrations Board....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=72124
  • jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Webbo , i am sure whatever you get your mum she will love , as i was always told its the thought not the actual present that counts
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • ginger_spice
    ginger_spice Posts: 1,653 Forumite
    Options
    Webbo, As Im in that age group, wioll let you know what my DDs got me, it ws a nice photo of myself & partner in fancy dress at DD1 18th, put it in a really nice frame, bouquet of flowers, & a book by my fav author Patricia Cornwall, but as Jaffa said, owt you get her will be loved as its a gift from you.
    Murphys no more pies member 48:beer:
    weight at light bulb moment 12st 29th March 2007
    weight at 03rd April 2008 10st 6lb:j :T GOAL
    getting wed on 23/09/09 :j :T
  • Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Options
    Like the lovely Ginger Spice I too am in the age bracket (but I don't look it:rolleyes: )

There is so much I would love for less than £30. A favourite DVD, CD, costume jewellery, book token, flowers, photo frame, a voucher for a manicure/pedicure/facial or similar, candles, perfume....

Is that enough to be going on with?

Bless your heart for asking us..... aren't you sweetie!!! Your mum should be very proud!!!
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • LouBlue
    LouBlue Posts: 53,538 Forumite
    Options
    Almost my age too. :think:

What would I like...voucher from a beauty salon - bit of pampering would be great - she'd love it. :)
    A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition
    ~ William Arthur Ward ~
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    we have a celebrations board for discussing buying presents on a budget
    I'll move your thread there where you should get lots of help :)

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bluebell12_2
    Options
    Goodness, we've all been in that boat! it comes round to one of our loved ones birthdays & we hit a blank wall....

A nice idea would to get a family photo & a really nice frame. i know my mom is so sentimental so she loves that kind of thing.

A pot plant in a self painted pot holder is also lovely, you could even use herbs instead of a plant...

I also love the idea of a magazine subscription , my gran loves cross wording & crafts so i love to get her something that she will love. it is a nice ideas as well because, she will get one every month! so its like a really long birthday gift! The magazine i liked the most was Crafts Beautiful as it has all the information in one mag...

Click here to see more
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £30 is loads. You could try:
    jewellery,
    a handbag,
    a nice top or other clothes,
    photo frame with piccy of you in it (my mum loves this!),
    books,
    music,
    tickets to a gallery/show/play (and then go with her),
    meal out,
    pampering session at her local beauty parlour - massage or manicure

Any of those grab you?
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure