🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Premium Bonds Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Krissy306
    Krissy306 Posts: 419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have sat and read all this :yesturday i signed up to premium bond, im 16 and have put about £600 i one. gotta go through the motions and sign and send back the forms that they are going to send back to me. will the forms have been sent alreddy or will they be send on a working day (monday?)

anyone have any ideas when ill be in the first draw?

:) excited
  • quidsin?
    Options
    £8000 lump sum invested 5 years ago because a student worked their way through uni and woud not take maintainence money due to them.
    Income to date £1225 tax free and we still have the capital. We are proud parents of a daughter who knows how to manage money. PBs are not such a bad gamble if the ISA is full and the cash may well have ended up going over the counter in the local bars.
  • Lennys_Shinpad
    Lennys_Shinpad Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    I have sat and read all this :yesturday i signed up to premium bond, im 16 and have put about £600 i one. gotta go through the motions and sign and send back the forms that they are going to send back to me. will the forms have been sent alreddy or will they be send on a working day (monday?)

anyone have any ideas when ill be in the first draw?

:) excited

You have to have owned your bonds for a full calendar month before they are entered into the draw. Your first draw will be at the start of June. The results are out on the first couple of working days of the month.

Good luck with your £600.

I enjoy my premium bonds. I'm saving for a house deposit through Premium Bonds. The interest rates are so low at the banks that I figured I would do it this way and have a bit of excitement each month. No wins so far (three months) but you never know, this could be my lucky month...
    Save £6k in 2015 - Jan £500
  • Pendle_Gazza
    Pendle_Gazza Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    I enjoy my premium bonds. I'm saving for a house deposit through Premium Bonds.

Be careful Lenny! You'll have the MSE "PB-hating" Police out, using 'saving' and 'Premium Bonds' in the same sentence! :naughty:

;)
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    we saved for our house using pb's... we did it because we thought the money was harder to spend in that format iyswim...it worked for us as we now live in the house...need to save up and get some more bonds...i think they are fun
    onwards and upwards
  • jkc_2
    jkc_2 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    my dad bought 400 quids worth through a work scheme in the 70s. you bought one or two pounds worth every week. you could buy a house with 400 quid in tose days. he still has the bonds only winning once a measly 25£.
    :A
  • Dick_Turpin99
    Dick_Turpin99 Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    I have the full amount and the results for the last 2.5 yrs have been

2008 - 1.5% return
    2009 - 1.67% return
    2010 - 0.42% return - so far
  • bobbyj_2
    bobbyj_2 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    I can't recall how long i had to wait for my numbers after sending off the cheque, does anyone know? A relation has bought some, got the letter saying no prob and sign on the dotted line but this was 2 weeks ago they've said. Any idea how long it takes as I just can't remember. Thanks.
  • Hen_Step
    Hen_Step Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Had £4,000 since April 2009 and invested a further £3,000 April 2010.

Just won 2 x £25 from 2009 bonds.
  • Krissy306
    Krissy306 Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    lucky you, mie still hasnt been sorted out. not that id ever have that sort of moey in it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure