call of duty preorder

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
44 replies 4.5K views
donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
32.4K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
i thought the game was out on 11th november now it seems its out 4th november. i have now also seen it say that if you preorder you get it on the 3rd.
i preordered in asda ages ago. so will i get it guaranteed if i walk in on the 3rd? as its a monday i guess it wont be available from midnight?

Replies

• i thought the game was out on 11th november now it seems its out 4th november. i have now also seen it say that if you preorder you get it on the 3rd.
    i preordered in asda ages ago. so will i get it guaranteed if i walk in on the 3rd? as its a monday i guess it wont be available from midnight?
    I think digital copies of the game preordered through steam get early access.

those who pre order through a retail outlet, will inevitably get active on the 4th 12am.

as like with every call of duty released, expect issues from the start, laggy servers, glitchers, cheaters etc.

I lost faith in the franchise after ghosts will never buy another COD game.
  • donnajunkiedonnajunkie Forumite
    32.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this link doesnt say anything about it being download only that is available early.
    http://direct.asda.com/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare/003741648,default,pd.html
    32.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as like with every call of duty released, expect issues from the start, laggy servers, glitchers, cheaters etc.

I lost faith in the franchise after ghosts will never buy another COD game.

i dont play online much anyway. i get it on launch for 2 reasons.
    1. they dont stock enough to meet demand which means it can be upto 2 weeks sometimes before you see more on the shelves.
    2. i want to get it at the cheapest price which is usually the supermarkets. they only keep it at that price for a few days before whacking it up to the normal price.
  • i dont play online much anyway. i get it on launch for 2 reasons.
    1. they dont stock enough to meet demand which means it can be upto 2 weeks sometimes before you see more on the shelves.
    2. i want to get it at the cheapest price which is usually the supermarkets. they only keep it at that price for a few days before whacking it up to the normal price.
    seems you would get early access with asda, but I would check if this offer was on at the time of your pre order purchase. there will the usual queue though even if pre order early access.
    32.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems you would get early access with asda, but I would check if this offer was on at the time of your pre order purchase. there will the usual queue though even if pre order early access.

whenever i have gone to a midnight launch at asda there has never been anyone at all waiting who have preordered. i know this because preorders are dealt with at the customer service desk and there was never anyone there waiting when i walked in. the last time(2 years ago) was a farce. i was not far from the front and 2 minutes to midnight they decided to move everyone from queuing along the wall to queuing in a line leading away from the til. what i didnt know is that they seperated the queue into ps3 and 360. as they started to sell i started getting jostled as if i had pushed in when i hadnt. one bloke tried to claim he had been there since 10.30pm, i knew he hadnt. so last year i decided i would stop queuing and i preordered from amazon but despite preordering, my copy didnt arrive until 10 days after release. so 2 months ago i walked into my local asda and preordered for this year.
    i will ask in store closer to the date what is happening but the staff are often clueless. when i preordered i asked does this guarantee me a copy on release day and he said i dont know.
  • As far as I am aware only one UK retailer has the rights for the Day Zero edition - and it's not Asda, it's Game. Wouldn't surprise me to see supermarkets try to go early but that'll be bad business - Activision can and will essentially drop all future releases off on release day. They'll be cheapest on price to the eye, but don't let that fool you, the regular shoppers are paying for it long term. I've also noticed that these days less of them are going "straight cheap" and more "cheap with caveats" - i.e. buy £20 XBL/PSN currency or subscriptions. Good if you use them, not so clever if you're not inclined to use them.

If I was preordering it (and I won't - I'll wait for the minion to buy it & pinch it off her when she goes to work a night shift!) I know I'd be paying more but I'd also be getting it early & preordering at Game. Probably more to do with the fact I've been stung ordering online and having to wait (HMV, Amazon, Play all guilty) but ultimately something this big it's where I know I can walk into a shop at midnight & get it no questions.
    Retired member - fed up with the general tone of the place.
  • I definitely recommend preordering... poster above is right about queues in asda!
    32.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaitsev wrote: »
    I definitely recommend preordering... poster above is right about queues in asda!

like i said. yes they have queues for those who dont preorder but when i have walked in there has not been one single person queuing at the customers service til. this is where people who preorder get their copy.
    32.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluenoseam wrote: »
    As far as I am aware only one UK retailer has the rights for the Day Zero edition - and it's not Asda, it's Game.

every retailer is advertising it.
  • I've bought every version since MW2 from Tesco pre-order (sadly Ghosts arrived :) )and I've got them all on the first day of play. Also, if they reduce the price between your preorder and release, you get money back/ms points etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides