DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another positive day today! Downloaded a spending app so tracked everything I've spent so far this month. Also signed up for the £10 per day November challenge - although I've gone in for £5 per day so I'll see how I get on. Found 1p road kill (how do people find more?!)
    Only spends today were for some top up bits, some lollipops for any trick or treaters and some tobacco :(
    Just had a lovely long got shower - at the house I'm looking after :)
    Also realised if I'm going to continue in my MSE change I've got some other things I need to budget for. Two of my friends are both getting married in 2016 so I need to save for two hen dos and two weddings. I'm a bridesmaid for one so not sure if I'll need to buy my own dress and/or shoes. So I'm going to start saving at least £20 a month which will give me a good chunk to cover things. Need to think if there's anything else like that!
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Great idea on planning ahead. I signed up for the November £10.00 a day challenge. I think I am ahead too as my mum gave me £40.00 from selling my old bike! :D

Keep going, you're doing really well!

October xx
  • twiggy86
    Options
    So apparently separating my money and sticking to the pots really helps! So from two weeks I've saved £62.94 from my shopping budget which would have otherwise been spent somewhere (not quite sure where!) Instead I've been keeping it separate and put it towards the renovation fund.
    I also had over £20 left in "my spends" pot from last week - so I've put that aside to cover next weekend - going to my best friends and will probably go out for the day so be nice to have the money out aside.
    My OH is also now on board so has given me some extra money - put £100 aside towards the beds and got another £64.59 to put somewhere just haven't decided what to use it for yet but it WILL pay off something!
    Good first day of my November £5 per day challenge:
    £4.59 car kill (money found in my car which probably all belongs to my OH who is always dropping money!)
    £1.08 TCB payout
    So £5.67 for today (so far!)
    Wish me luck for the rest of the month! Other than my e*ay sales (which currently dont have bids :( ) I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. Can't earn overtime but I will get some money for house sitting. I will get at least £15.75 back in petrol expenses when I'm paid this month - can I include that? I did use petrol but am paid at 45p per mile and so that's more than it would have cost.
    However only used my bank card to buy petrol (my petrol "pot" is in my bank) and only used my CC for work expenses which I will get back before the statement is due.
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Great idea on planning ahead. I signed up for the November £10.00 a day challenge. I think I am ahead too as my mum gave me £40.00 from selling my old bike! :D

Keep going, you're doing really well!

October xx

Well done on signing up October! Fingers crossed for you!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Just realised once I've paid/allocated the £64.59 if I can find another £100 my total debt will be under £9k! Not bad for a couple of weeks of actually trying to sort my debt out!
    I do currently have potentially £160 "spare" in my bank as I've allocated myself £40 per week from my wages but rather than draw it out the bank I'm using the £40 from our lodger so I potentially won't touch it! (Yes that is cheap but it's a friend we're helping out who's moved back from Sweden plus we couldn't get anyone else as our house is currently a building! Plus he cooks for all of us a lot and generally buys his own food)
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    You can do it. Have you looked into doing surveys and things? I can't remember the name of the forum but there is one dedicated to making extra cash :)

October xx
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks october - I've signed up to onepoll and upto about £7 on that!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    edited 2 November 2014 at 2:40PM
    Options
    Just paid £64.59 off the CC! Updated my signature - only £99.06 to take me under £9k!
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Woooohooooo!!!! Well Done Twiggy!!!!!

You will be under the £9k mark soon enough :):)

October xx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Twiggy
    I am terrible at coming into the diary section then recognised your user name from the DFW thread. It's interesting to read more about the context of your debt. I was the same as you a few years ago. We bought a house that had to be rewired immediately as it was dangerous, & had a hole pouring water down one wall (bathroom pipe leaking) in the same way as you we had 20k going into it but quickly realised that is nothing when you are talking wrong, boilers, kitchens, windows. I think one of my CCs which I've balance transfered for years is from one of the house jobs. Anyway you are doing so well on your debt busting. It's interesting what you say about visually knowing what your pots are doing and reallocating spend if there is money left. I may see if I can do the same. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport