DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks October and bobarella! Houses are very expensive things! We still have to finish the landing and hall (inc carpet and bannister), re do utility room inc adding in a downstairs loo(!) and living room including adding on an extension! Yes we have very big plans! Which is why i need to get on top of my debts now plus still save for the house! Otherwise it will all continue to spiral! Plus it's my first time moving out of the parents (refused to rent as wanted a mortgage) so it's my first time having to properly budget!
    Bobarella - I'm finding having separate pots REALLY helping me! Rather than the money just getting spent it's really making me focus. I also love having an extra left over to shuffle off into another pot!
    So my e*ay items finished this evening - 3 items didn't sell and the one that did (for the grand total of £2.71!) I've realised is marked! Grrr! Currently in the washing machine but if it doesn't come out I'll have to cancel the transaction :( I've put the items on my Facebook in the hopes that someone on there might want them!
    I really want to pay that £99.06 off my debt! I have it in the bank but don't want to leave myself short!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    What a wet and miserable Monday morning! However, I'm feeling very positive!
    N*xt took their monthly direct debit for £40.91 so that reduces my debt further! I wasn't sure if they would as I'd already made a payment of £150 but I'd left the money in the bank incase so it's not a problem.
    I'm now within touching distance of sub £9k! In two and a half weeks I've managed to pay off over £800! Amazing what you can do when you face facts and get focussed!
    Also the white shirt I sold on e*ay came up fine after a hot wash so I will package that up later and post tomorrow. Annoying that I cant post it today as I need to go to the post office at lunch for my boss so it would have meant my petrol was paid for!
    Think my £5 for my H*lifax reward will go in today so that's my £5 per day challenge sorted for today. Will use it to pay off something and update my signature if it does. Hope I can keep it up as I'm already above my target (slightly) for the month so far!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Still feeling positive (although cold!)

Checked bank this morning and £5 reward has gone in so paid £7 off the beds to take it to a round number! (Even closer to sub £9k now :j)

Also claimed £5 am@zon gift card from Mobile Expressions - debating whether to delete it now or not? Believe it works out you get £5 every 10 weeks for keeping it on there but people have said about it affect their phone.

Going to use the £5 to buy a xmas present and then transfer £5 from my xmas pot to pay off something.

Had to order some coffee for work and got 82p by going through TCB - so got £74.29 in their now. Can't wait until its all payable and I can reduce my debts further!

Posting my [EMAIL="eb@y"]eb@y[/EMAIL] sell at lunch and hoping the postage isn't more than I charged! Need to work out where best to sell the other bits - probably relist them. Did put them on my FB but now interest :(

I wont end on a negative though as the sun is shining today and there's cake at work!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Just paid another... (wait for it....) £3.07 off my CC! That's the grand total of my eb@y sell! But it all helps bring my debts down and even closer to £9k!:j Don't know what I'm going to do when its actually under £9k as its going to take me a while until I'll be at the point of saying "nearly under £8k"!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Will do a full post later but I just had to share... I'm now sub £9k!!!!:rotfl:
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Mixed day today…

Woke up and realised that I'd forgotten to turn the heating off last night before I went to bed. However I have now sussed out the timer so that won't be happening again!
    Checked my bank and £15 had come out where a bill had gone out before I expected it to so unplanned overdraft fees - £5 per day! Shows why it's important to regularly check! This is on top of £21 of fees I paid on Monday on another bank account for going over my overdraft caused my not cancelling direct debits and again not checking! Lesson definitely learnt! This was all before my LBM so won't be happening again!
    However I got paid £50 for dog/house sitting last week which I used to pay more off Next which takes me under £9k! Ok only by a penny but it's still under! Next mile stone is to have paid off £1,000 - only £135.36 away!
    Also went to see the fireworks and parked for free which makes a NSD!
    So a mixed day but overall a good day - more paid of the debts and all fees were covered and now they're all paid off!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Hmmm feeling negative today for no apparent reason. Just been to Zumba/body pump to try and lift my spirits so I'll feel that in the morning! So not a NSD but spent under £10 and still have money left in my pit for this week (not sure of exact amount as OH borrowed some and I don't know how much!)
    Got paid 93p interest into my old is a as I've now switched it to a better (only marginally!) interest rate. Now using my USA as my emergency find so the 93p can stay in there.
    Looking forward to the weekend (although it may be slightly spendy). Going to best friends house with another of our oldest friends so should be lovely and will hopefully pick up my spirits!
    Starting again..
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Back from a lovely weekend at my best friends! Spent more than I'd hoped but still not a lot and it was within budget! If this was pre LBM I would definitely spent more!

We went to M*rrisons to get our food for the weekend (some where I don't shop as not one convenient) and before we went in remembered that I had a cashback deal on my current account for there, so quickly activated it before we went in and paid for it all on my card and my friends transferred it back to me. Waiting for it to show in my bank but should be £5.50! So glad I remembered!

Not really much else moneywise to report other than that my BF gave me some of the leftovers from our roast (her OH wont eat leftovers) so I'm going to make bubble and squeak for dinner tonight!

Oh and I submitted the metre readings today as tomorrow I get my next statement so it should be as accurate as possible.

Oh AND my CC statement came in over the weekend so I'll have a check through that today. For the first time in months the balance is actually less than the previous months!!! Although it should be lower than it is as I have £150 worth of work expenses on there which I'll get at the end of the month.

Ok I really do think that's everything now!
    Starting again..
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Thats fantastic under £9k! You are certainly firing your way through :)xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Gooo Twiggy!! :j

Under 9k is awesome! You are doing so well. Keep up the positivity and I am sure you will get there sooner than you realise.

October xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport