DFW journey starts today

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yesterday was another no spend day! Today won't be though as I need to get some milk and a couple of other bits, however I'm starting work late today so I can pop to lidl rather than stop at a corner shop which is more expensive.
    Also signed up for swag bucks yesterday - earnt 159 SB but not sure hoe much effort it's going to be to earn a good amount per day. Need to have another read if the thread which might make more sense now I have some idea of how it works.
    Had a nice surprise this morning - checked my bank account and I've had a repayment for the water bill of £122! Think I might leave it in my bills account though to cover any bills that crop up, rather than pay off any debt. At least then we have a bit of an emergency fund rather than having to use the CC should something crop up.
    Starting again..
  • Moneywhizz
    Options
    Why don't you withdraw cash for the things you buy on a regular basis like food,petrol, entertainment etc. and leave the other money that you budget for in the bank. Once you have that cash you can separate it into envelopes for the different budgets. I find that it is good to have a small extra amount of cash in an envelope to cover miscellaneous expenses like parking, collections at work etc.

You can then keep a note of what the money in the bank is for, I have a spreadsheet with all the different amounts for different things, like presents, car tax etc.

If you buy something using your card then you can deduct it from the correct pot.

Hope this is helpful.
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Hi Twiggy :wave:

Well done on the NSDs and CC payments! Not long to payday now! I know how you feel, I am counting down the days until mine (7 days!!).

Keep going and keep positive! :)

October xx
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks money whizz and October!

Back from lidl - spent £5.37 and didn't get anything which wasn't on my list, plus I still have £35 left in my shopping envelope.

Also managed to get a wash done and on the line so that should be dry to get in later (provided it hasn't blown away!)

I'd like to "subscribe" to other peoples diaries but have no idea how?!
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    At the top of every Thread there is a little menu called Thread Tools. You can subscribe using an option on that menu :)

October xx
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Thanks October - I've subscribed to your diary.
    Starting again..
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Aww thanks :) . Not very interesting reading my ramblings but at least I can have something to look back on.

October xx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Subsribed :) Keep up the good work xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    twiggy86 wrote: »
    No I didn't as there wasn't one near where I was going (and it would have just been Tesco's I went to later anyway!)

I will definitely go to a "card factory" and stock up as it also means you're prepared! However what do you mean by "card factory"? There's a G&Ts near my home which is cheap, although I'm not sure it's that cheap!

Ahhh where I'm from there is a chain store called 'Card Factory' that sell discounted gift cards. :)
  • twiggy86
    Options
    Just called Bcard to ask if they could lower the interest rate and they did - just like that! They've decreased it from 19.9% to 6.9% on the current balance, although its still 19.9% on further purchases - however as I'm trying to decrease my debt I won't be buying on it!

Why didn't I do this before? ? Literally took 5 minutes!
    Starting again..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport