Sassy Bloom

Options

Comments

• starkers8
    starkers8 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 4 November 2014 at 4:29PM
    Options
    I had to chase my item and they then sent me a despatch email and i received it today

I ordered for the £9 MSE offer and although definitely worth it for the price I paid, I would have been highly disappointed if I had paid £29.

My Buggy Buddy Clip – Black – RRP 6.00
    Fisher Price Animal Sounds book RRP £3.99
    Burts Bees Lip Balm – RRP £3.50
    Water Baby Pregnancy Water – Citrus – Care – RRP £1.25
    Medela Purelan 100 Nipple Cream – RRP £4.99
    Shea Mooti Baby's Gentle Lotion rrp £6.99
    Shea Mooti Mama's Soothing Leg & foot cream rrp £12.99

I would have much preferred more baby related toys or items than the lotions and creams, seemed more in there for my use than for baby.

I am sure if you are paying full price you would get better items, its just a shame as they could have tempted me but I don't want to risk £29 and it not be worth it
  • starkers8
    Options
    I had to chase my item and they then sent me a despatch email and i received it today

I ordered for the £9 MSE offer and although definitely worth it for the price I paid, I would have been highly disappointed if I had paid £29.
    I got a buggy clip which will be useful as I was planning on getting one anyway
    A baby book worth £3.99
    Burts bee lip balm
    Small tube of nipple cream
    Shea Mooti Baby's Gentle Lotion rrp £6.99
    Shea Mooti Mama's Soothing Leg & foot cream rrp £12.99

I would have much preferred more baby related toys or items than the lotions and creams, seemed more in there for my use than for baby.

I am sure if you are paying full price you would get better items, its just a shame as they could have tempted me but I don't want to risk £29 and it not be worth it
  • shoe_gal_84
    Options
    I had to chase again as no box received (after promised in October). They got back to me yesterday out of hours and told me the box would be posted today, but they have upgraded me to next day delivery - so it should be here tomorrow. I have now received a despatch confirmation, so fingers crossed.
    I'm annoyed, but they do always respond quickly to emails and were very apologetic. They also credited 2,000 points to my account.

Starkers8 - I'm pretty sure they guarantee a minimum value of £40 - regardless of whether you've used a voucher code or not. So, I'd query it if you think it's well below.
    Finally, debt free for the first time since I was 18!:D
    First baby born: 21/05/2014
    Second baby born: 04/03/2017
  • kirstiejayne
    Options
    I ordered using the MSE £9 code too (for my 20 month old son) and also received my box today, the packaging was really lovely and inside I got:
    TUMTUM tiny frog beaker RRP £6
    Melissa &Doug rainbow stacker RRP £4.92
    Janod Iwood number puzzle RRP £14.99
    We can cook 16 piece bakeware set RRP £9.99
    We can cook childrens apron RRP £1.75

So altogether my rrp comes to less than £40 too, however I think that they probably get away with this as they did include some £25 off food subscription card (which went straight in the bin as I have already had a few of the same with various beauty subscription boxes)

I am fairly happy with this for £9, but I would be very disappointed if I had paid £29 for it, I have cancelled my subscription and had a reply confirming my cancelation very quickly, so am happy with the service.
    Thank you to everyone that contributes on these pages!:beer:

• pompeyclaret
    Options
    very dissaponinted. Values highly inflated, fast delivery, but products poor value.

Small candle, RRP £15
    Relaxtion cd £15

Best part was the box, avoid.
  • DJC1984
    Options
    Not worth the money.

Like others I had to email to prompt my box's dispatch.

Good points
    - great rattle toy
    - teething powder helpful

Bad points
    - not age appropriate - a number of items would have been great to receive at 3 months, not now e.g. a sippy cup for use from 4 months (she's been using them 6 weeks so have no need for another). Would have loved to have stuff for the "next stage"
    - 2 nappy rash products (again I'd've thought these more appropriate near the beginning)
    - the pot luck element meant our personalised item was a bib which sounds nowhere near as nice as the towel mentioned
    - a voucher for £25 for hello fresh (similar to a veg box but complete meal). Great I thought. However to received the cheapest ONE box I would need to pay another £11 (£36 for 3 meals for 2 people). I'm on maternity leave, skint, do I really want to pay more?
    - not value for money

I can see the boxes are not really aimed at me (more high end, more money spare people who might like the "surprise") as I'm trying to save as much as I can - however I would think I have this in common with most MSE people. Wouldn't do the £9 offer again, DEF not worth the full amount.
  • shoe_gal_84
    Options
    Well, after all of my chasing, I finally got my box last week. My little girl is almost 6 months old. I received:
    * Box of teething granules - quite useful as will probably use these.
    * Turtle rattle - quite cute and Emily doesn't mind it, but not worth the £8.80 RRP.
    * Metanium Busy Mum weekly planner - a useful thing and it's already on my fridge.
    * Metanium nappy rash cream - we already have a ton of this and don't even use it, so probably won't use.
    * Organic nappy rash cream - probably won't use for reasons above. Also very expensive with an RRP of £9.99!
    * Tommee Tippee sippy cup - this is the sort with handles that fit on bottles. However, it has a valve and I'd read that these aren't recommended, so I won't be using this.
    * Rain noise rattle - Lovely item and Emily really likes it.
    * Personalised bib - Really like this.
    * Sachet of Organix porridge - now starting weaning so will use this.

Overall, I wasn't as impressed as I was with my first box. I felt that the 2 lots of nappy rash cream was pretty excessive. Also, I was disappointed as it said my box was for a 4 month old, and Emily is almost 6 months. So, we already have a cup, tons of nappy rash cream etc, and I didn't feel as though it was all relevant. The value of my box was around £48, so it was a bargain for £9, it's just a shame it wasn't more age appropriate.

I've emailed them to complain about the age of the box and have cancelled my membership. Will see what they say.
    Finally, debt free for the first time since I was 18!:D
    First baby born: 21/05/2014
    Second baby born: 04/03/2017
  • goldfishimon
    Options
    I ordered my box on 24th October and still nothing has arrived. I have sent an email, facebook comment and a question to their page today so I hope they will respond soon.

I just wanted to know where I stand in terms of cancelling my DD?
    Can I just call the bank and get them to block Sassybloom from taking a second payment?

I'm really disappointed in this whole process. I um-ed and ah-ed about using this £9 deal and now I am starting to regret it.

Will I really be forced to pay a second payment?
  • Luella-14_2
    Options
    Goldfishimon - I was the same, ordered on 16th Oct but still haven't received anything, despite chasing twice. I emailed and asked them to cancel my subscription with immediate effect as I was disappointed with the delay, they did so with no quibbles and have promised to send the first box.
  • JessLondon_2
    Options
    Hi MSE Sarah

Following your link on the money saving website I registered & ordered a Sassy bloom box on the 15th October and they said it would be with me by the end of the month.

It is now nearly a month later and still I have received nothing. I want to cancel this subscription as you said you could in your blog but you cant cancel until you have received your first box and you need to cancel by the 15th of each month.

Well I want to cancel so I don't get billed in 4 days time and i cant because i haven't received the first box.

I have emailed Sassy Bloom 3 times now trying to find out where my box is as I ordered this one month ago.

I needed it for a baby shower this saturday but i now need to go find something else as they said it would be delivered by month end.

I have emailed them to cancel this for a refund and stop any further orders but i havent heard back from them.

I think this is ridiculous and in there customer care emails they send back they keep saying that they will send a message to the warehouse to get it dispatched and that has happened 3 times now.

Please can you help with this as they do not provide any contact details other than an email address but this seems to be their standard reply to everyone now:

Good evening Jessica
    We are sorry that your box has not yet reached you
    We have experienced some delays with our boxes in October and we are sorry that you have been affected
    Our team will ensure that a message is sent over to our warehouse to get your box sent as priority.
    Sorry again for the delay .

Did you know that you can earn a FREE Sassy Bloom box (worth a minimum of £40 RRP) for every 3 friends that you refer!
    (Your friends will get £10 off their first box too!) - just grab your unique code from within your account..
    Thank you and have a great day
    Sassy Bloom Customer Care

This is the same email I get each time I contact them.

Thanking you in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport