We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Went out to capture an image of the Blood Moon, but the clouds and Lila had other ideas........:undecided

Not the best image you will see of the event; quite alien and spooky though! :cool:
    P1020188.jpg
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    well, here all i could see was..... nothing !:(
    way too cloudy to see even a glimmer...

tonight there is a new forest programme on ch 4 at 7pm...
    now im not being a pessimist BUT it will no doubt be total bu**sh*t and totally biased towards the commoners and wont show what truly goes on BUT I will give it a chance :rotfl::rotfl:

we had a dribble of rain again last night with VERY strong winds today...

sold some bits today [online] to raise some funds for a dog charity.

going to visit dad next, hes not always "with it" but hey ho , he is 91 !

have a good weekend peeps x
  • Davesnave
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    well, here all i could see was..... nothing !:(
    way too cloudy to see even a glimmer...x

I stood out in the garden and field for an hour to get that. :o In fact, I was on my way indoors when it appeared. Typical!

Ran back, got the camera on a post and did a few 15 second exposures, but Lila kept shinning up the post, bashing against me and purring furiously. She thought it was great that I'd discovered the joys of night time in the great outdoors......:undecided

One thing I noticed was that bumble bees were still active on the buddleias at almost 10pm.

We have our Indian in-laws-to-be visiting here for the first time tomorrow. They are very.....umm... Indian. Their house is immaculate, so we've been cleaning this one intensively, but I know it won't be quite clean enough. :o

I remember some Indian families from school. Their kids would do their best all year, so I'd sing their praises on parents' evening. Then Mum or Dad (but especially Mum) would say "Yes, that's all very well, but I still think he/she could do better!" :rotfl:

I'm hoping they won't be here to discuss weddings.:eek: The kids are fed up being given advice on that. They're already threatening that if it all gets too much, it'll be off to the modern equivalent of Gretna Green. :cool:

Can't say I'd mind too much ;), but I know who would!!!
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    I stood out in the garden and field for an hour to get that. :o In fact, I was on my way indoors when it appeared. Typical!

Ran back, got the camera on a post and did a few 15 second exposures, but Lila kept shinning up the post, bashing against me and purring furiously. She thought it was great that I'd discovered the joys of night time in the great outdoors......:undecided

One thing I noticed was that bumble bees were still active on the buddleias at almost 10pm.

We have our Indian in-laws-to-be visiting here for the first time tomorrow. They are very.....umm... Indian. Their house is immaculate, so we've been cleaning this one intensively, but I know it won't be quite clean enough. :o

I remember some Indian families from school. Their kids would do their best all year, so I'd sing their praises on parents' evening. Then Mum or Dad (but especially Mum) would say "Yes, that's all very well, but I still think he/she could do better!" :rotfl:

I'm hoping they won't be here to discuss weddings.:eek: The kids are fed up being given advice on that. They're already threatening that if it all gets too much, it'll be off to the modern equivalent of Gretna Green. :cool:

Can't say I'd mind too much ;), but I know who would!!!

I remember my mates at school that had 1st generation parents. The stereotypical glittering couches still in plastic, the two inch thick shagpile carpet with plastic runners, lots of gleaming glass, crystal, chrome and steel, with a side order of brightly coloured ornaments and lightup pictures - it's all real. Definitely the cleanest people I ever knew - and for that, I'm thankful, as I grew up in a midden and would never have learned how to clean a house or prepare food safely without their Mums patiently teaching me, the scruffy urchin who their kids inexplicably chose to hang out with and would delightedly eat everything they gave me (thus confounding the general rule of Everybody calling them vile names and moaning they smelled) how to cook, including washing hands and cleaning surfaces.

I am genuinely completely comfortable today. There's still sunshine, but it's tempered by a cool, fresh breeze.

Rain is forecast for tomorrow, though. Himself is wondering how the garden will change as a result. I was tempted to say that it won't be at the point of spontaneously combusting for a change and there might even be something green after a couple of weeks. But I didn't.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    we've finally got proper rain, ground has been so dry the roads are running like streams its still hot despite the wind so think it will do little good unless we have a full day of it tomorrow.
    Its sod's law as im supposed to be in the Isles of scilly on Monday and they phoned to advise against day travel. So will have to put it off till later in August.
    After spending 8hours deadheading im now really regretting having the week off work.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 29 July 2018 at 3:12PM
    Options
    weve got the WIND here .... nope, i don't eat curries ;)
    no rain yet but pots have been blown over and broken and branches down.... please rain :j

hamster has arrived in a very elaborate cage with tubes and very posh food ! just got to keep the little blighter breathing now :eek:

did anyone see the new forest prog tonight or are we too far "souf" for you to care....:rotfl::rotfl:

I keep having to correct my writing as my UIOHLNM have all lost their identity on the keyboard and its guess work half the time :o

edit.... oh boy ! WE HAVE RAIN
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Wind? Well...yes, but it was downgraded from 40mph to 20ish, so not sorry about that. :p

Rain? Yes again, but nothing like the biblical deluge we were promised. :(

Thunderstorm? The only rumble I heard was my tum.:o

And now we have sunshine for much of the foreseeable future. :undecided

I think the cavalry turned around and rode back over the hill.....:cry:

Our soon-to-be Outlaws were fine. I have no idea what they really thought, but they dutifully donned wellies and did the tour in the drizzle. The courgettes excited them much more than the flower garden, so it was lucky we had some specially prepped in the lunch and several kilos in the mixed veg to take away. Despite some language/pronounciation difficulties, they were good company. :)
  • Davesnave
    Options
    PS. Tried to watch your prog alfie and saw about 1/3, when I did something wrong and ended up back at the start. :mad: Then I got sound and no picture.....quite like the old days!:rotfl:

Will try again later. ;)

Already disliking the lady voice-over, whoever she is......
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,758 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Its been a bit hectic since I came back from Skye. Arrived home after an 8 hour journey on Saturday, got a phone call on Sunday from my mums care home and she'd deteriorated and needed to go and see her. Another 3 hour journey, popped in and she was very tired so only stayed 10 mins on Sunday. Went on the Monday and my oldest sister came and we stayed a few hours. Mum said she wanted to go outside, which I think is the first time in 2 years she's wanted to go out. Managed to see the doctor but not much to be done. She's got vascular dementia and various other ailments and TBH she hasn't been mum for years.

I think I've hurt my neck when we went coasteering in Skye. The lifejacket kept shooting up my back hitting my helmet. I keep getting a dreadful pain in the side of my head. Just waiting to get an appointment at the chiropractors.

My DDs are back from Zante today. We're having Christmas as DD2 leaves on Sunday for NZ. Just having a roast chicken and I've got a small Christmas tree and the presents I've got her so far are wrapped and ready to go underneath.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am trying to keep up but I'm poor at posting...sorry. We finally got rain here Saturday and it didn't stop until lunch time today. But the garden doesn't look much better for it as it came with wind and cold, boo.
    My house hunting continues. I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to buy a house. There's so far just one (project) I'm interested in but the gamer has been incredibly rude to me. Called my offer derisive, said it wouldn't be considered but legally has to put it forward, has demanded a long list of ID and proof of sale/deposit/solicito/mortgage before he will even put it forward...and was quite disbelieving that I'm buying alone and my title is Dr. Even asked where I work if I'm a doctor!! I won't have the offer accepted obviously and I can safely say I won't look with that agent ever again!
    I'm even considering new builds now as there's so little around and what is needs serious work and isn't selling.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback