We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We've not eaten any of the crispies yet. They were made with very posh organic chocolate, but as DD1 has access to unlimited over-date chocolate factory stocks, they cost next to nothing. Sam isn't allowed much chocolate or sweets and isn't that bothered. We got him a chocolate Gruffalo....and he's just enjoying it from an aesthetic POV .....so far!:A

Anyway, he did have a huge chocolate pud with chocolate ice cream yesterday. :cool:

After resigning from her management job, DD2 has also entered the food trade temporarily, dishing up fish & chips. She's been in post a fortnight and is already casting a critical eye over their systems. :rotfl:She isn't missing the 75 miles a day commute or the stress too much. Like you alfie, giving notice was a huge relief. :D
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 2 April 2018 at 6:54PM
    Options
    I hope lucielle has had a good first day "birfing"....

well I spent part of yesterday and today listing on the bay... experimenting to see if I can replace the holly let money :o

I got out today trying to sort the outlet pipes from the ditches that run either side of our track. it was recently cleared ,track graded, ditches dug out BUT they seemed to have overlooked where the water in them is supposed to go...:cool:
    managed to clear a gap between big ditch and smaller ditch [sort of T junction ] that runs through trees/hedging between me and next door...its flowing away now :D
    the ditch the otherside has a pipe that runs under the track and joins to where ive freed the gap BUT its too high up now since the ditch is now 3ft deep !! so may get out there with a sledge hammer to see if I can knock the lower edge off it [pipe is on a slope under track] and free up the swimming pool t'other side !!
    weve had a dry warmish day today and all we need here is a week like this to try and get rid of all the surface water..

tilly and Kingston are doing well but till's has lost quite a bit of weight... foal is growing massively and prob draining poor till's :( ive wormed her and shes getting extra feed. will try and give her a good bath soon as that will freshen her up.

went o our feed merchants today, had a trolley full of wild bird feed plus hoss feed and I looked around me in the que and several of us agreed we spend more on the animogs weekly than our own food bill !!

keep safe peeps x
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    well ive potentially sold [bids so far] what I earnt a week at holly let :j
    im cross eyed listing it all and still x2 left to do !
    I will wait to see if this lot to goes [22 items] and then wait for an "offer" re fees ;)

plumbers came today to see if the bathroom towel rail heaters can be sorted out and working. they fitted new turney things on them then re booted the system only to find they didn't work still ! I sort of suggested the previous plumbers last year did something with the pipes upstairs in my bathroom floor to fix the downstairs shower. they did give me that "look" that suggested I didn't know what I was talking about but to humour me pulled up the floor boards only to find the pipes to the 2 rads were connected to the hot water system and not the CH system..... :o previous plumbers hadn't rebooted them when they did the shower. they were completely gunked up now and need to be totally re piped :eek:
    wish id never bothered ! haven't had the bill yet and dreading it as they were here 5 hours [took forever to drain the system as its 2 houses in one and kept getting air locks ] its a botched add on to everything and a maze !! and still no barfroom rads :(...

getting rain AGAIN here and honestly don't know when our fields will recover. luckily we have minimum 4 acre paddocks so they are not just mud but my word they are mush. feel for the sheep as they struggle.

about to sink in a deep bath [a horrid peach coloured bath but am too frightened to change the suite re the plumbing !!]

hope you are all keeping your selves dry !! xx
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It snowed here today and is really quite cold out and about. A few people with dogs down the beach so had a good run around with them.

The snows turned to drizzle and is rather murky outside and makes you want to sleep. Haven't set the heather alight today at all just coasting.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Final dress rehearsal last night. Still a bit rough at the edges, but it is what it is.....:o

Never been an animal before. (D_ck Whittington's wheeler-dealing cat :whistle:)

DSCF0562.jpg
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    your panto's always have REALLY good costumes !!

p.s. you look cool , dave ;)
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a costume? I thought Dave wore that most weekends!

Still alive, but a bit.... damp!

Will post some puddle-pictures later :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    your panto's always have REALLY good costumes !!

p.s. you look cool , dave ;)
    Yes they do. You should see some of the others. I'm actually very hot in that outfit...... the wrong sort of 'hot' !! :cool:

It's official, Dafty and choille, Devon was the wettest county in the UK during March! :p:p

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/981259633389113344

Sam put his head on the table and covered it with his arms when his parents were slightly inconvenienced by an over-jolly, inebriated gentleman during a pub lunch in Exeter. As the guy wobbled off towards another table, Sam commented "Phew, that was close!" :rotfl:
  • DaftyDuck
    DaftyDuck Posts: 4,609 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah, but I got my own personal boating lake!
    P1030872.jpg

That's thirteen acres of water, right down to my woods in the far distance! It spread out from the water meadow ((third fence in distance, across two paddocks, and close (maybe 30') of the house... but down a hill from us, thank goodness.

Animals were pi55ed at it, but all was well. Worst, there was (was!) a huge woodpile down in that wood... most of it floated downstream!

Oh well, battling floods and moving animals... certainly helped me take it easy, like I'm told to now. I went two nights with literally no sleep. Now, catch-up time!

Several near-neighbour were not as lucky... tomorrow helping one of the old boys clear his garage and back room of the debris. That'll be fun!
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    oh my lord ! and I thought we had surface water !!
    makes ours look like puddles....

hopefully it will receed soon xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport