We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Alfie room looks good, does that colour help with the proportions of that room too? Mind you, I love the way that house looks over the garden like that, its got such light. And the sun room is really a 'proper' reception room, not what many call a sun room. :)

I started with green like the sofa and it looked horrid.. as you know I love my dark reds ! and the wallpaper I intended for only the arches looked so nice I did the fireplace wall aswell because it looked clean lines between the paintwork [arch and cupboards] . it actually [imo] brings the other end of the room into the equasion as the sofa that end is red.. that end was sort of lost before. so yes I think it has widened the room somehow and it doesn't seem so long now..

the "sun room"... well of course im on a roll now and want to do something very exotic and OTT....:rotfl:

it will be mums temp home for a while so I will hold off scaring the wits out of her and giving her nightmares ;)
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:and the prize goes to.....:D

Oh I am so delighted I never win anything :j
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    Oh I am so delighted I never win anything :j
    :T :T :smileyhea
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    Rummer wrote: »
    I spotted that the walls changed colours, the dog vanished and the fire guard moved :rotfl:

what looks like a furry cushion on the end of the sofa in first pic is actually "asbo" .... but you still win :D
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did notice oodles of other things, however I wanted to give the others a chance ;)
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lucielle - I hope to go to Ikea soon. Been a while. It's hard work though - all that huge space filled with things other than trees. I find it quite exhausting. Just as well they have a caff half way round.
    Hope you got some bargains.

IHS - Poor slug - sorry snail, though I'm not terribly fond of them myself. Is - sorry - was, it called Brian? Magic Round About?
    It may be okay? Just as well you unbinned it - just in case. You'd feel bad if it was emptied & then you read that Brian might just be,,,,,retreating.
    Something is afoot in your pond. Could it be the temp? Too hot, cold - in shade? The water?
    Could you take it back to the shop? The snail shop?

Alfie - very exotic & warm looking. Is that a retriever? Lovely dog.

Hairy cat caught a mole. So he is very pleased, as are we. The place is undermined by their workings. I hope he has developed a taste for them- although it looked quite whole, just very dead indeed. They are such a beautiful velvety colour & their little hands - quite a creature.

I'm cross eyed listing stuff, but not much shifting so I don't know if it's a waste of time. There is so much else to do really, but it's just a chance that it may make some money.

Better get off to my lair - up early tomorrow. OH has a doc appointment. We'll get a shower in town - they have them in the public loos - so that's good - been a while.................
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2015 at 6:55AM
    Options
    FWIW I'd get the arched mirror gilded, it had a harmonius symmetry with the alcoves on either side
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Flip how long is this rain going to last for?????

Choille if I remember rightly its always quiet on the bay this time of the year, and then pucks up at the end of seot, beginning of October.. Unless you are selling school stuff...I have got a lovely big box of pre- owned Christmas jumpers ready to start listing at the begining of December...same with lovely vintage tablecloths sell well from October onwards ready for big day...so I always try and think logical when putting stuff on the bay, well I used to lol, need to get back into thinking like that, as I think in a few months that might be my main income..along with plant sales ...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FWIW I'd get the arched mirror gilded, it had a harmonius symmetry with the alcoves on either side

Not sure about the harmonium symphony, but I liked that mirror better. It all looks very cozee from here, on another grim day, although the fish n the river will be loving it after a very 'low' period. :)

Not much to report here. Plastering going on apace and electrical appliances being purchased for vast sums, considering that most have to come from catalogues or internet rather than being seen 'in the metal.' At least in the secondhand place you get to see it first! :(
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    choille wrote: »
    Lucielle - I hope to go to Ikea soon. Been a while. It's hard work though - all that huge space filled with things other than trees. I find it quite exhausting. Just as well they have a caff half way round.
    Hope you got some bargains.

IHS - Poor slug - sorry snail, though I'm not terribly fond of them myself. Is - sorry - was, it called Brian? Magic Round About?
    It may be okay? Just as well you unbinned it - just in case. You'd feel bad if it was emptied & then you read that Brian might just be,,,,,retreating.
    Something is afoot in your pond. Could it be the temp? Too hot, cold - in shade? The water?
    Could you take it back to the shop? The snail shop?

Alfie - very exotic & warm looking. Is that a retriever? Lovely dog.

Hairy cat caught a mole. So he is very pleased, as are we. The place is undermined by their workings. I hope he has developed a taste for them- although it looked quite whole, just very dead indeed. They are such a beautiful velvety colour & their little hands - quite a creature.

I'm cross eyed listing stuff, but not much shifting so I don't know if it's a waste of time. There is so much else to do really, but it's just a chance that it may make some money.

Better get off to my lair - up early tomorrow. OH has a doc appointment. We'll get a shower in town - they have them in the public loos - so that's good - been a while.................

IME they never eat the moles, just kill them. They are incredible little creatures aren't they, so soft. Its surprising that things underground, moles, worms, don't need to be more robust really. I would have thought they were more at risk of sloughing off too much soft exterior.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback