We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Now that looks lovely...or is it one of those ' trick pics ' that only show show prepared pictures lol
    Work to live= not live to work
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    Phew, scorchio!

Finally back, garage took 90 mins to sort out new key :mad: As I was driving away, the service manager waved me down to say I could hang on and get the car washed, I left him in no doubt I wasn't going to be waiting another minute!

Somewhat slim pickings at the Dobbies plant hospital, just iris 'Chantilly' which I'll divide, shasta daisy 'Western Start', a tray of ageratums and a bromeliad.

Now chillaxing :beer:
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very warm here. Just a bit too warm really after months of wearing woolly tights & thick socks under trousers & jumpers on it all seems a bit.....faint inducing.
    Just been glancing at a Farrow & Ball library book - very posh interiors - lovely feast for the eyes.

Ran out of paint sp OH is going off to get some - hunter gatherer that he is. I'm gonna load the car with sacks of rubbish for him to dump on his way. There's a skip down the Gairloch.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    is that what these are dave ?
    whmrr6.jpg

2hs54sh.jpg or the poor mans version ;-)
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    is that what these are dave ?
    whmrr6.jpg

2hs54sh.jpg or the poor mans version ;-)

Yes, but mine's a double smiley-eatdrink003.gif and sterile, so no seeds. It will only propagate by division, but I've already made three! :D

I grow the ordinary one too, and both the white and the pink ones. Then there's also a rockery one and wild Ragged Robin....all relatives.
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    so mines an "ordinary" one...:(

I will add mr dave... I found myself trundling behind a big coach today across the forest .. it was a Paw and Porridge coach from Barnstaple ;) it swayed from side to side when passing by groups of horses/donkeys/cows as the passengers gawped from windows... then it ground to a halt when a HERD of cows came up the lane :rotfl: took some time to clear and me finks passengers were a tad hot waiting [25d]
    the coach certainly shifted after, animals were not quite so appealing then :D
  • I_have_spoken
    edited 3 July 2015 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Despite the rain this year, house leeks on a sunny corner seem happy enough.

b40e9cdd-9680-43f2-a484-a812ed7e5b82_zpsxdwygamu.jpg

Peeps along my street have had the conifers surrounding their garden attended to. After drastic shearing they have 6 dark brown, dead looking lumps. They certainly aren't yew, so I think the chances of greening up are minimal.

Been planting up a terracotta pan with alpines, including a sedum with awfully brittle stems so I threw all the bits into a bucket of water and will consider how to propagate tomorrow.

Spent a while looking at the fish for sale in Dobbies, they all look nice...
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    so mines an "ordinary" one...:(

I will add mr dave... I found myself trundling behind a big coach today across the forest .. it was a Paw and Porridge coach from Barnstaple

Nothing wrong with the ordinary, especially as it tends to do the propagating for you. ;)

As teenagers, we once made the mistake of making up the numbers on a coach trip to the coast... probably Exmouth. It was the local bell-ringers' outing and they offered the seats dirt cheap. No wonder! The coach stopped at every other village and all the ringers got out and rang the church bells there, then listened to the locals ringing them.:eek:

As someone who lived next to the church, I'd already had enough bell-ringing, so this was torture. Besides, it took ages to reach the seaside.:mad:

I remember the address of Sea View when hiring coaches down your way ....Fancy Road. Conjured up some interesting images! :rotfl:
  • I_have_spoken
    edited 4 July 2015 at 10:31AM
    Options
    Thuderstorm first thing, one lightning strike was so close the thunder-clap made me jump :D

Picked up a large aloe from Ikea yesterday, but their other plant stock was a bit ropey.

I was checking the receipt from Dobbies and was shocked to see the Cerinthe major ‘Purpurascens’ seeds were £3.60, so 36p a seed! :eek: They had better all germinate! Also got some Wallflower 'Blood Red' seeds from the Sarah Raven stand, hopefully these will do better than the tray of wallflowers I bought this year which did nothing.
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was checking the receipt from Dobbies and was shocked to see the Cerinthe major ‘Purpurascens’ seeds were £3.60, so 36p a seed! :eek: They had better all germinate! Also got some Wallflower 'Blood Red' seeds from the Sarah Raven stand, hopefully these will do better than the tray of wallflowers I bought this year which did nothing.

8 seeds for 99p at Seed Parade.

Or £1.95 for 10 from Higgledy.

I like Higgledy seeds, if you are planting a load of different stuff the postage and packing free.

Seedparade are good for smaller amounts of seed in packets, and hence cheaper price than from places like suttons etc. Always have loads left over of most things!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback