10.7K replies 827.5K views
1106010611062106310641066»

Replies

• in_my_welliesin_my_wellies Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Maggie
    Well done with the courgettes. I'm late with most things this year, I only planted my courgettes out 10 days ago after two lots of seeds failed but I've been picking broad beans for a week though they haven't got many flowers this year because they caught the last frost. I shall enjoy the few I have
    Best so far this season is a new raised bed filled with lettuce, they look so delicious!
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • edited 24 June at 8:51AM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 June at 8:51AM
    Has this thread run out of steam? I've had real life stuff to deal with too. 
    Stay safe everyone

I stopped posting here when someone apparently reported my post in response to maggie's about her jab. I was red carded. Despite sending the mods evidence regarding the veracity of what I'd said, there was no response.
    Subsequently, I received a nasty personal attack on the Coronavirus Board, and when I replied in a polite manner, mentioning the former chief of science at Pfizer, I got a 2 week ban. This professor is persona non grata so far as the scientific establishment is concerned.  His 30+ years of experience counts as nothing. The same could be said of hundreds more who have broken ranks. They won't be turning up on your TV any time soon. Censorship is everywhere, including You Tube, Facebook etc. Mr Zuckerberg and his pals are actively controlling much of the 'alternative' media. Some doctor/scientist groups have now set up their own web sites. Read into all that what you will.
     MSE does seem to be a less tolerant place recently. I notice a couple of the most useful posters on the House Buying Renting and Selling Board have gone; one a solicitor who gave thousands of replies for free over the years. The other could be grumpy, but he was rarely ever wrong, and again, he had thousands of replies to his names. ('names,' because he had several incarnations!) I'd guess he's just given up.

When I was allowed back , I joined the 'Awful Weather' thread, where I've posted ever since. No one has reported me there, but I've tried hard not to give them the opportunity. If I get banned again, Pink Poppy and Ted have my email address, as do a few others. My existence doesn't depend on MSE. :p

For the record, I'm not an anti-vaxxer, just unwilling to have the MRNA treatments, which are different from all previous jabs, still in their trial phase and only have emergency approval. Evidence about them is gathered by the MHRA  VAERS and the EMA. I've looked at the data collected and I've not changed my opinion; indeed my resolve has increased as the months have rolled by and more information has come to light worldwide. I'm therefore not 'vaccine hesitant,' as the mainstream media would have it, but very well informed and concerned.
    The above has been  carefully written so as not to offend anyone, especially the mods, who are probably all wonderful people I'd really like if I met them in the pub. Sadly, however, both our pubs here have closed.  :'(
    Crumbs are just crumbs. Don't be grateful to those who stole your cake!
  • edited 24 June at 11:58AM
    in_my_welliesin_my_wellies Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 24 June at 11:58AM
    Thanks for the info Dave. You are well informed. You are also fortunate to live where you do where numbers are low, I'm not so fortunate; living in an area which has hardly been out of lockdown together with a mum who has needed frequent hospital appointments I jumped at the chance ASAP. 
    I was due to go to Devon tomorrow for four days but as I stay with an 90 year old there and had visited a hospital yesterday I had to cancel to keep her safe.  Life revolves around appointments just now

Have your pubs closed permanently? I don't visit pubs but like to know they are there. 

I'm overstocked with laying hens due to my optimistic son buying (from a rescue) me too many. No one passes these days. The road has been 'closed', not because of the virus but because it became a fly tipping rat run. I feel very isolated  :)

When I have time I shall add to the photos on the 'weather' thread - but can't compete with the plants or photography!
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • edited 24 June at 3:30PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 June at 3:30PM
    Thanks for the info Dave. You are well informed. You are also fortunate to live where you do where numbers are low, I'm not so fortunate; living in an area which has hardly been out of lockdown together with a mum who has needed frequent hospital appointments I jumped at the chance ASAP. 
    I was due to go to Devon tomorrow for four days but as I stay with an 90 year old there and had visited a hospital yesterday I had to cancel to keep her safe.  Life revolves around appointments just now

Have your pubs closed permanently? I don't visit pubs but like to know they are there. 

I'm overstocked with laying hens due to my optimistic son buying (from a rescue) me too many. No one passes these days. The road has been 'closed', not because of the virus but because it became a fly tipping rat run. I feel very isolated  :)

When I have time I shall add to the photos on the 'weather' thread - but can't compete with the plants or photography!
     We're fortunate to be here, I know, but the location and property was chosen with these sorts crises in mind. In the financial bedlam of 2008 we expected a complete economic melt-down and didn't feel particularly safe in the city. It didn't happen, but nevertheless we decided  to be better prepared in the future. Looking back to the Great Depression years, those living in the countryside with a decent plot were generally better able to cope, so our relocation took that into account. However, it was supposed to be Wales!
    I voluntarily self-isolate for 5 days after family visits too, our kids coming from Birmingham and Bristol. :o One is due here in the next hour, so that's a walk I was planning next week kyboshed and re-scheduled!
    One pub here closed and we thought the other was closing permanently too, so a rescue effort was mounted for the first one. Despite raising over £100k in 6 weeks it wasn't enough. Now we hear both pubs *might* re-open, or then again thy might not!
    Sorry to hear you are a somewhat cut off. At least you have eggs. We have just raised another 5 chickens, 4 of which are almost certainly cockerels!

Crumbs are just crumbs. Don't be grateful to those who stole your cake!