Replies

• edited 24 September 2020 at 5:12PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    33.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 September 2020 at 5:12PM
     I would appreciate any advice to help me with this. Thank you
    Firstly, your post does not belong here, though that doesn't matter, especially if you are new to forums. :)
    You should copy your post, maybe break it up into paragraphs and re-post it in this sub-forum, which deals with the sort of neighbour issues you are having:

Use the New Thread red button near the top left of the page to start your post, don't try tio tack it on to someone else's thread. You could make your thread title 'Intimidating Neighbour' ....or similar.

Patron to The Warning
    Join the dots. Most people still aren't seeing it.
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    33.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the good news from down here is no one has Covid after all.  :) The bad news is that the visitors are staying for 3 more days to take advantage of their recovery and promised better weather. :o Meanwhile, I seem to be fighting off whatever it was they brought,  but some of the symptoms could be related to the toothache I've been trying to control rather than bother the dentist. :s I think she is going to be bothered tomorrow!
    In other news, it's ridiculously cold and we're even being threatened with near zero temps on Saturday night. :'( The Cream Legbars are now fully integrated with the Sussex hens in the de-mited big hen shed and the Rhode Islands are going into the wee house on wheels with its attached ark tomorrow, just for the daytime. Soon, we will get the conservatory and en-suite hen-free, so a local tradesman has been contacted about finishing the latter off.......but being Deb'n, he's not responded.
    Patron to The Warning
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    938 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely day here again - How weird is that? Coming very cold at night with clear sky.

Hope you feel better soon Dave & manage to get a dentist appointment. I think ours are all still shut. Off to take out some little saplings/young trees that are too crowded together. May have a bonfire later on as the pile of stuff to burn is getting high again.

Let the hens out for a bit yesterday but the eagles were circling and I just felt on pins and couldn't relax so ended up putting them back in after a couple of hours and needed to move away from round the back where I had been able to keep my eye out. Aching a bit today as managed to saw up a bit of wood yesterday.

Lucielle - Do you have any push brush cutters with a 4 stroke engine for sale?
    33.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ted, we deter the buzzards with CDs on strings over the hen pen, so they can't swoop in and hopefully get confused by the flashy reflections. On sunny days those bounce off the barn and polytunnel 50m away, so they're well-scary....we hope!
    All our visitors have departed this morning and we are back to what passes for normality. :) The toothache has miraculously gone, but DW didn't fend off the germs and she's coughing so much going out anywhere's not an option in these troubled times. :/ 
    I had a DR wheeled brushcutter a few years ago and didn't like it, but I eBayed it and got most of my ££ back. The guy who bought it was over the moon and even wrote to me afterwards saying how wonderful it was, so there's two opinions on those! :D
    Patron to The Warning
  • luciellelucielle Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ted the we haven't got any secondhand ones in.  If you give me an idea of size and budget I'll get OH to have a look.  I think I've still got your number and we are hopefully heading north in November (or could put it on a pallet) plus it depends what's in stock as things are in short supply.  Thanks for thinking of us!
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • edited 30 September 2020 at 10:35PM
    DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    33.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 September 2020 at 10:35PM
    The trout and salmon season ends at midnight, so yesterday I headed down to my slightly unofficial stretch of the river (one riparian owner 94, the other recently deceased >:)) for one last try, but apart from a suicidal smolt and a record breaking minnow there was nothing doing. The banks were even more unkempt than they they were in June. and the river lower. By the time I'd hacked my way through half a mile of wildness I felt like I was 94 as well! :#
    Of course, it rained hard today and with more forecast it's likely the sea trout will run.....but as Pete reminded me, "They fish don't know the date the season ends, and neither do I!" so I might chance my luck later in the week. ;)
    Thanks to the neighbour still feeding them, we have hedgehogs... 8  at least! Five are still very small, but having weighed most twice, we know they're putting on weight fast, so we'll just keep monitoring at this point. We know where to take them if they don't grow enough before November...and if the badgers don't ruin things.
    Contact has finally been achieved and our carpenter/builder will complete all non-plumbing jobs in out troubled en-suite in mid-October. It's been unsatisfactory from my POV in so many different ways my interest is now at zero and I just want it done. Similarly, this week I decided the suspended conservatory floor should not be altered, but taken out altogether and re-laid in concrete. Hopefully we can do that in the next 6 weeks or so and put these stalled jobs that sap enthusiasm behind us.
    Finally, we have sheep again; nice, young well-behaved ones....well they have been so far! :)
    Patron to The Warning
    33.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it rained....a lot. Now the river is in spate and completely unfishable!  More on the way too..... :#
    Patron to The Warning
  • Ted_HeadTed_Head Forumite
    938 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Lucielle - I have no idea how much a good new one will cost. A push wheeled one to do rashes and bracken - not much grass as we are a bit rough here you know.
    If you have a web-site I could take a look?

Raining here again Dave as well. It's been a right mix of weather. Glad the toothache has subsided.
    The hunters seem to be out on the hills - tweed and argos everywhere. Saw a couple of goats down yesterday which is a bit early and the stags are bellowing in rut so it's Autumn I guess.

Seemed to get the site okay today - tried a few times recently but it was just frozen pages - funny how it's okay today.

33.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still raining! Someone who knows saw the Cream Legbars the other day and wanted to buy a couple for showing, so we reckon they're good quality birds. I hope when the two Rhode Island boys reach maturity someone will feel the same way! :D
    Hedgehog count is up to nine now. :)
    Patron to The Warning
  • greenbeegreenbee Forumite
    14.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our boys used to survive until they started waking my dad up too early in the morning. At which point they either went straight into the oven, or ended up there via the freezer.