egg ppi

Can anyone give me some advice, i had an EGG credit card for a number of years with quite a large sum on. I always paid the monthly amount and huge PPI. I contacted EGG as i was struggling with repayments and they agreed i could go onto a repayment plan.The figure was about 6k and i agreed the monthlY payments. When Barclays took over from EGG the repayment plan carried out through direct debit, I then changedjobs and lost all correspondence and emails. I eventually got paper statements sent and it was then i discovered i was paying PPI on the repayments. EGG never said there would be PPI on the plan and when i fought this i was turned down. I was also turned down by the financial ombudsman. Has anyone had similar problems or is there a solution to this. Many thanks

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you have complained and been turned down by the company and then by the ombudsman then no, there is no solution, it is game over for you.

Sorry
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Is it an Ombudsman or an adjudicator and when did you get the letter. If it was an adjudicator you can refer the case for an ombudsman ruling but you only usually have a few weeks after the date of the adjudication to refer it. The Ombudsman will take about another 18-24 months to give you an answer
  • delboy66 wrote: »
    EGG never said there would be PPI on the plan and when i fought this i was turned down. I was also turned down by the financial ombudsman. Has anyone had similar problems or is there a solution to this. Many thanks
    How long ago was this? If the FOS decision was not recently then your complaint really is now over unless you want to go to court. If the FOS decision was not long ago then you can appeal, but you really need to bring new and compelling evidence not in your original complaint to stand a realistic chance of success.
  • You don't necessarily need new and compelling evidence. If you think you have a case and you are within their time limits you can ask for an ombudsman's decision, will take about 2 years though so be prepared to be patient
  • Your advice is sound and friendly. Heavens knows why other inept posters have to soil these boards...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Your advice is sound and friendly. Heavens knows why other inept posters have to soil these boards...

Someone posting what you want to hear is not necessarily "sound" advice, any more than advice you don't want to hear would not be sound - you're just experiencing confirmation bias.

Addedvaluebob states that you don't need any extra evidence to get the adjudicator's decision overturned - but the odds are against it - stats quoted from the FOS on here suggest around 11% are overturned - if inside the 6 months, refer your decision upwards for a final review, whether they will disagree with the adjudicator, who knows, depends if your case is solid and they made a mistake or if they were correct.
  • If the adjudicator has ruled against you, you only usually have one month to ask for an Ombudsman ruling, not 6 months. I'm not sure how a completely new poster can have 'confirmation bias'.

The OP said there was PPI on the money but egg say no. If there is documentary evidence I am not sure why this has been turned down but as always we don't know all the case details
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm not sure how a completely new poster can have 'confirmation bias'.

The poster concerned registered with this website in March 2012 and has been posting regularly since June of this year;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=1810595

The original poster of this thread (on the other hand) has made no further comment; probably because he has already exhausted his access to FOS as per the initial responses.
  • Still don't understand how that is confirmation bias or are you suggesting my original statement was not 'sound'?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Still don't understand how that is confirmation bias or are you suggesting my original statement was not 'sound'?
    If you read the thread you'll notice I never mentioned "confirmation bias", so cannot comment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure