MSE News: Bought a secondhand mobile phone? Insuring it may prove difficult

Many providers refuse to insure mobile phones that are used, bought on auction sites, or older than 18 months...
Read the full story:

Bought a secondhand mobile phone? Insuring it may prove difficult

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Replies

• persoannly i find the idea of insuring your mobile phone at all a bit odd tbh
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Actually I'm quite surprised MSE hasn't got around to talking about reclaiming mis-sold mobile phone insurance by now.

I was given a policy with the first 3 months free. I checked the details - no cover for calls made while stolen, replace handset at wholesale cost, with a £15 excess.

I reckoned the phone was only worth £15, so the £7 a month policy had no value at all. I cancelled it before they started charging from the 4th month, only to discover they'd already collected the first premium 3 weeks early. They eventually refunded about a month and a half after I complained.

Some people might not notice these things.
  • Seems Insure2go have changed their minds recently(?) .. so don't provide insurance (my reading of the article made me believe they may)
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES