Royal Mail Parcel Delivery

Options

Comments

• Buellguy
    Options
    OK I had the relevant ID, daughter had card, details were written on a piece of paper stuck onto the counter, counter staff was being an idiot, next question
    And it's any wonder people get annoyed with postmen and the post office
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Buellguy wrote: »
    OK I had the relevant ID, daughter had card, details were written on a piece of paper stuck onto the counter, counter staff was being an idiot, next question
    And it's any wonder people get annoyed with postmen and the post office

I wonder how people don't understand the difference between the Post Office and Royal Mail.
    Or that women also work for RM.
  • Buellguy
    Options
    I'm out of here, can't be bothered
  • ThumbRemote
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    I wonder how people don't understand the difference between the Post Office and Royal Mail.
    Or that women also work for RM.

Perhaps it's because the two organisations are organised and named in a stupid manner, that no-one needs to know about and seems designed to confuse?
  • firefly5
    firefly5 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    It is daft that someone with ID from the same address could be refused at the sorting office. Our postman is lovely, but the sorting office staff are rude and officious jobsworths.
  • tony6403
    tony6403 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    That's right,no ID at the address. since RM deliver to addresses.

ahh I feel a glow from this post. See that card you got?
    The one that explains you need ID? Coincidently they will be replacing these soon as the concept is too complicated for many.
    I have highlighted the part in red so you don't forget.

So your complaint is RM have followed their processes to the letter.
    You seem to be rather like the man behind the counter who couldn't deduce that card + address and driving licence + address together produced a fairly unassailable case that the person whom he was facing did reside at the address concerned.
    Apparently the gasman could have taken delivery if he had been at my house.
    Anyway , I went went back a few days later and a more sensible person on duty gave me the parcel for my daughter.
    Forgotten but not gone.
  • custardy
    Options
    tony6403 wrote: »
    You seem to be rather like the man behind the counter who couldn't deduce that card + address and driving licence + address together produced a fairly unassailable case that the person whom he was facing did reside at the address concerned.
    Apparently the gasman could have taken delivery if he had been at my house.
    Anyway , I went went back a few days later and a more sensible person on duty gave me the parcel for my daughter.

Well you see. everybody is happy with rules until it causes them issues.
    You were given a card with instructions on how to collect the item for another person. Staff at DOs are tested in a mystery shopper style. So you see this as the fault of the person who is given clear instructions on what is required. You however are the victim.
    You have never had an issue with anyone being able to take a package at your address before I take it?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    firefly5 wrote: »
    It is daft that someone with ID from the same address could be refused at the sorting office. Our postman is lovely, but the sorting office staff are rude and officious jobsworths.

Maybe custardy is in charge, that would explain the jobsworths
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have to agree with the OP; there is a mismatch between the requirements at the door and at the collection desk. Anybody who has ever lived in a bedsit or shared flats with common doors will probably know that not everyone who opens the door to postie is going to be honest and hand it over.

I'm lucky in that I have a very good item of ID which proves my connection to a) the address and b) m'wife if the item is in her name viz. a joint account statement.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • custardy
    edited 2 October 2014 at 5:31PM
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    I have to agree with the OP; there is a mismatch between the requirements at the door and at the collection desk. Anybody who has ever lived in a bedsit or shared flats with common doors will probably know that not everyone who opens the door to postie is going to be honest and hand it over.

I'm lucky in that I have a very good item of ID which proves my connection to a) the address and b) m'wife if the item is in her name viz. a joint account statement.

Well then why would you trust someone who walks in off the street over who you choose to live with?
    The ID requirements allow anyone who the recipient nominates(not lives with) to collect a package for them.

DPD
    You can authorise someone else to collect your order for you. Please note that he or she must be able to present a copy of your proof of ID.

citylink
    Can I collect my parcel from your depot?

To locate your local depot, please visit 'Our Locations' page. Most of our depots are open for collections between the hours of 8am until 8pm, Monday to Friday or 8am until 12 noon on Saturdays. If you are collecting your parcel from your local depot please bring the card left by our driver together with two of the items from the list below (one must be photographic ID):

- Recent utility bill
    - Driving Licence
    - Passport
    - Bank Statement

Dont seem to offer collecting for someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure