Royal Mail Parcel Delivery

Options

Comments

• Buellguy
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    delivery to address is part of their delivery obligation. RM are free to choose the ID requirements for collection.
    Having had to deal with mail fraud cases myself. You would be amazed how plausible everyone's story is as to why ID is not needed.
    So exactly what is the issue with requiring ID? Something as simple as a bank card is acceptable when supported by a red card.

Didn't read my post then did you (I do agree with the whole postal fraud problem though, BUT can we have sensible rules about it!!)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Buellguy wrote: »
    Although I have been in the funny situation with my 15 yo daughter trying to pick up a parcel from the PO. Forms of ID, well sorry, no bills as they are all in our name not hers, none of her under 16 ID cards were deemed good enough, council tax, sorry, in our name again. Passport, well she has one of those, but at the time it had been sent off to be renewed. So despite me being with her with proof of my and her address (and I had a driving licence on me) all of her forms of ID (including a college letter with her name on it and address) weren't good enough so it was a lovely trip home to dig out her birth certificate.
    Counter staff weren't popular that day!!!!!
    Didn't read my post then did you (I do agree with the whole postal fraud problem though, BUT can we have sensible rules about it!!)

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/Ive-received-a-Something-for-you-card
    You can use the following forms of ID:
    Credit or debit card
    Bank or building society cheque book
    Bank or building society savings book
    Valid passport
    Driving licence
    NHS Medical Card
    Photo Identity Card (Foreign National, Military, Police Warrant, Royal Mail Employee).
    If someone else is collecting the item on your behalf, you will need to give them your 'Something for you card' and an item of your ID as listed above.
    For children (16 and younger)
    If you are collecting on behalf of a child who, due to their age, does not have any of the above listed ID then you will be able to collect the item as long as you bring the ‘Something for you’ card we left plus 2 other forms of identification for yourself from the list above: Photo iD and proof you live at the address the card was delivered to.

Whats the issue?
  • Buellguy
    Options

The fact that the lovely individual behind the desk totally ignored what was written on the card despite me pointing that out to him and wouldn't let me pick up the parcel without something proving my daughter (who I will admit looked more like 17-18) was who she said she was.
    Probably a case of a jobsworth who you can find anywhere in any profession
  • custardy
    Options
    The fact that the lovely individual behind the desk totally ignored what was written on the card despite me pointing that out to him and wouldn't let me pick up the parcel without something proving my daughter (who I will admit looked more like 17-18) was who she said she was.

Ignored what was written on the card in what way?
  • Buellguy
    Options
    Ignored what was written on the card in what way?

that bit

you will be able to collect the item as long as you bring the ‘Something for you’ card we left plus 2 other forms of identification for yourself from the list above: Photo iD and proof you live at the address the card was delivered to

I had photo ID, council tax bill, daughter had 'something we left card' and no admissible ID, neither she (no ID) nor I ID but daughter had the card could pick up the parcel, despite the fact that we both walked in together
  • custardy
    Options
    that bit

you will be able to collect the item as long as you bring the ‘Something for you’ card we left plus 2 other forms of identification for yourself from the list above: Photo iD and proof you live at the address the card was delivered to

I had photo ID, council tax bill, daughter had 'something we left card' and no admissible ID, neither she (no ID) nor I ID but daughter had the card could pick up the parcel, despite the fact that we both walked in together

Yes you had ID,not the addressee. So you ignored what was written on the card.
    The red cards dont go into detail about under 16 collections.
  • Buellguy
    Options
    Yes you had ID,not the addressee. So you ignored what was written on the card.
    The red cards dont go into detail about under 16 collections.

Yes, so my daughter handed me the 'card' I then had the card

as per this bit that YOU wrote:

If you are collecting on behalf of a child who, due to their age, does not have any of the above listed ID then you will be able to collect the item as long as you bring the ‘Something for you’ card we left plus 2 other forms of identification for yourself from the list above: Photo iD and proof you live at the address the card was delivered to.

and the ID, but STILL couldn't pick up the parcel as my daughter had 'just handed me the card'. Now what the f£$k was I supposed to do then (apart from commit GBH).
    Oh, and BTW, brother in law is a postie and even he said that the guy behind the counter was being a complete d^&k and was wrong
  • custardy
    Options
    Yes, so my daughter handed me the 'card' I then had the card

as per this bit that YOU wrote:

and the ID, but STILL couldn't pick up the parcel as my daughter had 'just handed me the card'. Now what the f£$k was I supposed to do then (apart from commit GBH).
    Oh, and BTW, brother in law is a postie and even he said that the guy behind the counter was being a complete d^&k and was wrong

Yes,I wrote that. In reference to the RM site I linked.
    You are the one talking about disregarding what is written on the red cards. None of that is written on the red cards.
    I guess your brother in law is some of the dead weight JReacher1 wants out.
  • maniacmartin
    Options
    custardy, you are the one disregarding the previous posts in this thread.
  • custardy
    Options
    custardy, you are the one disregarding the previous posts in this thread.

In what way?

Then suddenly we move onto what is written on the RM site?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure