IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS PCN - Help Needed

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    they have pointed out that the Judge has put on the order the defendant owes the claimant,
    Don't understand - are you saying the judge has ordered that you owe VCS?

Defendant = You
    Claimant = VCS
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Don't understand - are you saying the judge has ordered that you owe VCS?

Defendant = You
    Claimant = VCS

Correct, it says...

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The claim is dismissed.

2. The defendant do pay the claimant the sum of £xx.xx for expenses by 9th January 2016.

They are the exact words.

I have spoken to the Court and they checked and that is what the Judge had hand written.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    There will be others who might want to add to this, but I think I'd write for the attention of the Judge and ask for clarification on this.

So are you now saying that you are owed nothing?

Wait for other comments.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• AB_Express
    AB_Express Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 January 2017 at 9:46PM
    Options
    I have emailed the court and put a letter in the post.

Really hope this doesn't result in a CCJ against me.
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Any other advice?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    AB_Express wrote: »
    Any other advice?

Wait to see what comes of your email. What other advice were you thinking might be given?

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2017 at 10:53PM
    Options
    I have some good advice , in future , READ THE PAPERWORK , CAREFULLY , LOOKING FOR MISTAKES OR ERRORS !!!

ie:- due diligence , dont copy B W LEGAL`s examples of moronic lack of scrutiny (or GLADSTONES for that matter , judging by the E S PARKING fiasco on pranksters blog)

your earlier post assumed the deadline was due , but for who ?

in this case, they clearly would have expected YOU to pay THEM and not under any obligation to tell you there was an error in the paperwork (where the 2 people were transposed)

you are now left chasing your tail instead of basking in victory, especially as prankster is asking for excel cases where they have not paid out , and VCS is a sister company that mirrors their sibling
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2017 at 12:04AM
    Options
    AB_Express wrote: »
    I have emailed the court and put a letter in the post.

Really hope this doesn't result in a CCJ against me.

No it doesn't work like that.

This sounds like an error. Sounds like the Judge made a mistake, you were not ordered to pay their costs were you, and the figure stated is your expenses, not theirs?! So you are right to put this in writing for the attention of the presiding Judge (by name) asking for a corrected Order to be sent out.

The PPC were probably sniggering about it and wondering how long you would take to notice the Court's error.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

The PPC were probably sniggering about it and wondering how long you would take to notice the Court's error.

Exactly my thoughts when I wrote my previous reply , lol :)
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Hi all

VCS have pressed forward with a hearing for my second PCN. Same spot on the business park in Liverpool as the case I defended in court. Unfortunately for me I moved house in March and all correspondence for the second claim was sent to my old address. I have subsequently missed my hearing date and have around 3 weeks until the CCJ is filed.

I intend to get this set aside as the grounds in which I won the first case apply to this case, apart from the breaking down bit. I did pay for my mail to get redirected but for some reason these papers didn't. Just to clarify, next step is to get the N244 filled in and sent and start working on my defence?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure