IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS PCN - Help Needed

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• AB_Express
    Options
    Just received a letter of discontinuance from BW. Does that mean it’s done or are they likely to try again?
  • AB_Express
    Options
    Do I need to do anything now?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You won, but remind us, didn't you have a counter claim? If so, you must contact your local court to point out the CC is still in play, and cough up the £25 court fee to get it heard on its own! Their own ship has sunk.

If no counter claim was filed in this one, now's the time to claim your wasted costs as per other threads (search 'discontinuance'), there's even one from today talking about this v CEL in their case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AB_Express
    Options
    I attended a set aside hearing and was awarded the £255 back. No counter claim.

Will do some reading on the discontinuance.

Thanks again for all of your help.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have other costs you now wish to claim for the time you took on this? Read sassi's thread.

And make a complaint to your MP if you haven't already, they need to support the new Bill (next step next week) and make sure that any resulting Code of Practice is fit for purpose and has teeth.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Grizzled
    Options
    Hi. Sorry to hijack this thread however I'm a newbie and the forum wont let me create my own thread. This is the most relevant thread to my case.

Today I received a letter from "DRP" acting on the behalf "VCS" for a car i used to own. They are asking for £160 for a parking charge issued at the beginning of November. However I have had no contact from VCS. Also DRP are claiming to have sent a previous letter which was also not received. I googled VCS and DRP to check if this was a legitimate claim and not a scam. Before reading the information on the forum I tried calling VCS to find out some details but they refuse to deal with it because it has been handed to DRP. £160 is a lot of money to pay considering I haven't even been issued with an original parking notice. Is there anything I can do?
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 February 2018 at 6:03PM
    Options
    Try using a PC / laptop ... its should sort things out

but if you read the newbies thread first

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

you will find all the information you need re debt companies .....

(PS our nice PM's have just called out Debt companies )

Ralph:cool:
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,725 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Grizzled wrote: »
    Hi. Sorry to hijack this thread however I'm a newbie and the forum wont let me create my own thread.
    Of course it will. You just haven't worked out how to do it.

Here's a shortcut:

Start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family