Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

The One and Only Oktoberfest NSD Challenge! - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The One and Only Oktoberfest NSD Challenge!

edited 14 October 2014 at 4:07PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
701 replies 29.4K views

Replies

• 1 NSD for me, please.
    I'm thrilled that I did it! I even found 2p on the floor so I've actually made money 😊
  • kathy40ukkathy40uk Forumite
    874 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Its ok, I found a certain time traveller type fellow in the shape of one Captain Jack Harkness in the corridor and he's fixed the Tardis up as good as new.

pvc shorts

Jack Harkness............................pvc shorts...................:D

Wanders off to take a cold shower

DFD Need to August 2027 :(
    NSD March 15/20
    NSD April 17/15
    NSD May 13/15

• edited 2 October 2014 at 2:40AM
    kathy40ukkathy40uk Forumite
    874 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 2 October 2014 at 2:40AM
    :hello: Hi there all NSDers

<<Walks in slapping thighs and doing other such Oktoberfesty things...
    including.........:beer::beer::beer:

Oh dear I remember, or don't remember rather my first experience of an Oktoberfest back in the 80s:o

I ended up falling down stairs to the metro and being taken to hospital (or rather; I don't remember but was told the next morning by someone who was with me) I'd argued with police, nearly got us all arrested then fell down the stairs...............The police allegedly had enough of me and just wandered off after calling an ambulance. Apparently I was in with the doctor for ages and no one knew what had been said as I was speaking to the doctor in German- I don't speak German I said 'Well you did last night' I was told:eek:. I had done the language for O levels years before but hey..............apparently it all comes back when you're p****d:eek:

Anyway..............enough of memory lane; not being a drinker anymore at least I can't embarrass anyone nowadays; or get any of us arrested............I shall leave that to Igor ;)

Right, what did I come in here for. Ahhh that's right, to declare NSD number 1 :j A good start to the month for me :)

:hello:

DFD Need to August 2027 :(
    NSD March 15/20
    NSD April 17/15
    NSD May 13/15

• EverTheOptimistEverTheOptimist Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    kathy40uk wrote: »

Oh dear I remember, or don't remember rather my first experience of an Oktoberfest back in the 80s:o

I ended up falling down stairs to the metro and being taken to hospital (or rather; I don't remember but was told the next morning by someone who was with me) I'd argued with police, nearly got us all arrested then fell down the stairs...............The police allegedly had enough of me and just wandered off after calling an ambulance. Apparently I was in with the doctor for ages and no one knew what had been said as I was speaking to the doctor in German- I don't speak German I said 'Well you did last night' I was told:eek:. I had done the language for O levels years before but hey..............apparently it all comes back when you're p****d:eek:

Love this ^^^^^ :rotfl:

NSD #1 for me. Only petrol purchased which is now an allowed spend, especially as the petrol light came on yesterday. No other spends which has got to be the first day in ages that I haven't spent. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • mobo1980mobo1980 Forumite
    368 posts
    Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Good morning :)

Kathy40uk you've just cheered me up :)

yesterday was NSD 1/15Thankyou

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
  • Vicky496Vicky496 Forumite
    206 posts
    Cashback Cashier Home Insurance Hacker! Debt-free and Proud!
    I hope no one minds, but I start my month on pay day (25th of each month) which helps me keep track better... so at a week in I'm on 4 No Spend days so far :)

Was aiming for 7 for the whole month (my first month keeping count)... after this start I'm expecting to smash that. Going to have a second target of 14 after that (A whole fortnight spend free :D ).

Aiming for another one today, but not promising!
    Debt Free No Longer Wannabe
    DFD: 25th July 2014
    About to ruin all that and get a mortgage!
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Erm I handed them over last month ... well I handed them to Hubert to pass to Igor as I was in a hurry, surely he wouldn't have .... nah :eek:

Well...you know how Hubert wants anything that Igor has....I must admit that they look good on Hubert,if you ignore the fact that they're 10 sizes too small. :eek::eek:

Since Igor's lederhosen did not withstand being fumigated again,I'm afraid that the only option left is a frilly dress,dirndl style. :eek::eek:
    Do we have a colour that will go with his eyes?Yes,bloodshot...

Igor,don't give me that look.It's not my fault that your antique lederhosen have given up and died.I told you not to boil wash them along with last weeks curried sprouts....:eek::eek: No,they really didn't add anything to the flavour....

Well,I'm back to announce #1,as I'm pretty confident,and this'll seal the deal. :D

Famous last words....I went into town to pay my bills (an allowed spend)and somehow found myself in 'h and m'.So,I found four great tops in the sales. :D
    Today will be my #1. ;)
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicky your method might not make much sense during the first couple of days of the month or so, but if it works for you then fine, you make your own rules in this challenge! It will work out in the end anyway because NSDs collected at the end of the month won't count till next month.

Enjoy the challenge!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...you know how Hubert wants anything that Igor has....I must admit that they look good on Hubert,if you ignore the fact that they're 10 sizes too small. :eek::eek:

Since Igor's lederhosen did not withstand being fumigated again,I'm afraid that the only option left is a frilly dress,dirndl style. :eek::eek:
    Do we have a colour that will go with his eyes?Yes,bloodshot...

Igor,don't give me that look.It's not my fault that your antique lederhosen have given up and died.I told you not to boil wash them along with last weeks curried sprouts....:eek::eek: No,they really didn't add anything to it

Famous last words....I went into town to pay my bills (an allowed spend)and somehow found myself in 'h and m'.So,I found four great tops in the sales. :D
    Today will be my #1. ;)

Oh Gawd! Now we'll have both Igor and Hubert going all girly on us....
    One life - your life - live it!
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicky496 wrote: »
    I hope no one minds, but I start my month on pay day (25th of each month) which helps me keep track better... so at a week in I'm on 4 No Spend days so far :)

Was aiming for 7 for the whole month (my first month keeping count)... after this start I'm expecting to smash that. Going to have a second target of 14 after that (A whole fortnight spend free :D ).

That's fine with me.I'm pretty sure that you're going to beat that first total soon. :)
    Vicky your method might not make much sense during the first couple of days of the month or so, but if it works for you then fine, you make your own rules in this challenge! It will work out in the end anyway because NSDs collected at the end of the month won't count till next month.

Enjoy the challenge!

Ditto.
    Oh Gawd! Now we'll have both Igor and Hubert going all girly on us....

It beggars belief. :eek::eek:

Ok,where is the valium please?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support