Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

The One and Only Oktoberfest NSD Challenge! - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The One and Only Oktoberfest NSD Challenge!

edited 14 October 2014 at 4:07PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
701 replies 29.4K views

Replies

• marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Thursday all! :wave:

vrfsea.jpg
  • butterfly2507butterfly2507 Forumite
    293 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Good Morning! :j

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I hope it will be a NSD for me again but I'm waiting for my new glasses to arrive. The lady said 7 -10 days so I'm looking forward to that :D:p (and it will be pricey ... :o :mad: )
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • Knit_WitchKnit_Witch Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh blimey! I better break out the needles again (what colour should I make the long johns this time?) and with a day of frantic knitting ahead of me I am claiming number 2 (and 2 in a row :T)
    Must use my stash up!
    293 posts
    ✭✭
    Good Morning! :j

Hope you all have a wonderful day. I hope it will be a NSD for me again but I'm waiting for my new glasses to arrive. The lady said 7 -10 days so I'm looking forward to that :D:p (and it will be pricey ... :o :mad: )

The lady just called: I get my glasses tomorrow! :T How do you count that? Do you count it as a spending day or do you not count it since it's an essential? (so a NSD) ? Aah, I'm confused. :o

• edited 2 October 2014 at 2:42PM
    marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 October 2014 at 2:42PM
    The lady just called: I get my glasses tomorrow! :T How do you count that? Do you count it as a spending day or do you not count it since it's an essential? (so a NSD) ? Aah, I'm confused. :o

Hi there.

You could:
    -count the day you ordered them as the spend day (this is what I would do)

-if you decide it's a essential spend then you can choose not to count it.

-you can also choose to not count it if you are within budget.A lot of folk do this. :)

Counting the day that they arrive doesn't really make sense. :rotfl:

Oh boy,writing this has made me realise that I don't have a monthly budgeted amount to replace my glasses eventually. :eek::eek::eek:
    Luckily I've just finished pulling my hair out for the last hours,and my bugdet notebook is all up to date.Honestly,you take your eye off the ball for a few weeks and madness ensues! :(
    Using a bashed up abacus (thanks Hubert) doesn't help either.

'runs off to add a 43rd item to budget list!'

PS I'm just being nosey here,but what is your mother tongue?
  • Rent and groceries yesterday but happy to get NSD 1/10 out of the way today. Made a batch of three bean soup for a few day's lunches and cracked the spine on my land law textbook. Fairly productive day :)
    293 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi there.

You could:
    -count the day you ordered them as the spend day (this is what I would do)

-if you decide it's a essential spend then you can choose not to count it.

-you can also choose to not count it if you are within budget.A lot of folk do this. :)

Counting the day that they arrive doesn't really make sense. :rotfl:

Oh boy,writing this has made me realise that I don't have a monthly budgeted amount to replace my glasses eventually. :eek::eek::eek:
    Luckily I've just finished pulling my hair out for the last hours,and my bugdet notebook is all up to date.Honestly,you take your eye off the ball for a few weeks and madness ensues! :(
    Using a bashed up abacus (thanks Hubert) doesn't help either.

'runs off to add a 43rd item to budget list!'

PS I'm just being nosey here,but what is your mother tongue?

Thank you! Well I think I'm going to combine your points 1 & 2. I've ordered them last week so it's basically a September spend ;) Plus I really needed some new ones since the ones I have now are like 7 years old (I know I know, don't judge me :o )

Oh and my mother tongue is luxembourgish :)

By the way NSD # 2 today :T

• Today I am pleased to declare...It's the weekend! (well sort of - school is closed tomorrow though I'll be busy doing planning anyway!) and also NSD #1 I have so far resisted the urge to purchase lockets/soothers/similar though I may have to give in tomorrow!!
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • StressedStephStressedSteph Forumite
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sign me up please.

Aiming on 20 NSD's

Its going to be a money strapped month so need to keep those pennies in my pocket
    Very £262 / Bank of Scot - £1360 /
    Lloyds cc - £2529 / Barclay cc £2844 / MBNA £5546
    :idea: January 2019 = £12541
    1p per day / 365 days
    1K Emergency Fund Challenge
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please sign me up for my usual 10 NSDsplease and I'll see if I can do it this month.
    House completion expected around 22nd November :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j so I can see it being a tight month followed by a crafty Christmas. But as this house has central heating maybe not a cold draughty one! :rotfl:

Not sure I've managed to fill my mileage form in correctly this month either so I could be £95 down!!! Great timing..... ICT meltdown!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (12/20 )£1630
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage[/COLOR]
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support