PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• DFF
    DFF Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

I came under budget on my 1st Grocery Challenge, so this month I'm going to reduce my budget.

October's Grocery budget is £150

Yesterday I did a top up shop at Morrys spent £28.90 as I have a lot left in fridge/freezer and cupboards.

DFF
    Halifax Credit Card 0% until April 17 £4,020/4120, Lloyds Credit Card 0% until March 16 £1140.91/1752 Nationwide Credit Card £159.32/200
    Virgin Credit Card £623.83/623.83 PAID OFF. Mum £3,000/3,000

TOTAL DEBT £8,320.23 DEBT FREE DATE 17 December 2017
    Emergency Fund £220/£1,000 NSDs Aug 10/10
  • p-pincher
    p-pincher Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    Doing really well at the moment. Spent £111 out of 250 so far but we're going away next Wednesday so I'm hoping to have 100 left. We don't return til after the 26th which is when I always start a new month. Being really careful with what I spend. I've decided to run the freezer down.
    Bought a few bits for my chritmas/January box. Picked up 2 lots each of Sanex shower gel and bath foam as well as biscuits for cheese and washing up liquid.
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Off to Lidl to stock up on fruit and veg tomorrow using my Facebook MOC £5 off a £30 spend. I know I will spend over £30 as I need quite a few basics as well but the £5 off will help.
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will be in the big town today for DD's appointment and will include B & M but their range has not been as fab as it used to be since they doubled the store size, weird....we don't reeally need anything (oh, does that sound good!) so I will avoid M's, Aldi and T's. Lidl I will do this week just for the cheap peppers offer some time.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all still battling emptying the freezers , went to get fruit on wed night in mr t and the great yellow sticker fairy was running around with her sticker gun i chose the exact time she was reducing .....so got pork fillets the long skinny ones down to 50p from a fiver,turkey steaks / escalopes and legs from 30p to 50p, 2 massive chicken in garlic butter, 2 ordinary chickens, 6 casserole steak pack ,8 packs beef sausage and quite a bit more total spend 18.00 filled the trolley came home and it should have been nearer 140 quid. Also got 3 x 2.00 off 3 meat packs as offer on so got all the casserole meat free whatever way it works out. So thats my freezers filled again and i was nearing defrosting one !!! Couldnt pass up on the prices,trying to stay out of sm now till nearer christmas! Shall only get dairy and fruit and veg locally so no temptation!! Good luck all. Xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    That is fantastic craigywv :T

I have decided to go and do our fresh top up shop today instead of tomorrow to miss the crowds. I'm setting myself a target of £12 max.
    It is only for milk, fruit and veg so should do it.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    I been doing opinions all year the ones you get paid for and have accumilated up 40 pounds so far in m and s vouchers i was going to maybe see if next month i can make it up to 50 quid and go and get some bits and pieces for the christmas dinner using these i only doing the boxing day food not the big day so have ordered my ham from local butchers, would it be ok do you think to buy the likes of the veg medleys and freeze them or would they be better bought fresh i hate the crowds in m and s at christmas, will deffo get the cauliflower cheese etc as this can be frozen,also the profriterole cake thingy. Advice folks please xxx thanks
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Frizzle_2
    Frizzle_2 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I can't decide on a target this month as I needed to buy party food for ds1 form this months budget but I am still going to aim for £225 and see how I get on!
    Sorry Im A bit late!
    Grocery challenge-
    J- 52.40/£200 M- 187.56 A- 212.93 M-193.44 F-201.31 J- 240.62 D- £149.27 N- £210.69 O- 196.80
    S- 213.68 A- £213.03 J- 249.66 J-206.29, M- 252.91, A-£250, M- £250

debt free as of feb 2015. Now saving for deposit for new house! Moving in June 2015!!!
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    craigywv wrote: »
    Hi all still battling emptying the freezers , went to get fruit on wed night in mr t and the great yellow sticker fairy was running around with her sticker gun i chose the exact time she was reducing .....so got pork fillets the long skinny ones down to 50p from a fiver,turkey steaks / escalopes and legs from 30p to 50p, 2 massive chicken in garlic butter, 2 ordinary chickens, 6 casserole steak pack ,8 packs beef sausage and quite a bit more total spend 18.00 filled the trolley came home and it should have been nearer 140 quid. Also got 3 x 2.00 off 3 meat packs as offer on so got all the casserole meat free whatever way it works out. So thats my freezers filled again and i was nearing defrosting one !!! Couldnt pass up on the prices,trying to stay out of sm now till nearer christmas! Shall only get dairy and fruit and veg locally so no temptation!! Good luck all. Xxx

Fabulous bargains well done love.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    craigywv wrote: »
    I been doing opinions all year the ones you get paid for and have accumilated up 40 pounds so far in m and s vouchers i was going to maybe see if next month i can make it up to 50 quid and go and get some bits and pieces for the christmas dinner using these i only doing the boxing day food not the big day so have ordered my ham from local butchers, would it be ok do you think to buy the likes of the veg medleys and freeze them or would they be better bought fresh i hate the crowds in m and s at christmas, will deffo get the cauliflower cheese etc as this can be frozen,also the profriterole cake thingy. Advice folks please xxx thanks

the veg medleys will freeze fine, I do this when I get them reduced.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport