PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• 1of3
    1of3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all:hello:

40.33 spend for me yesterday but hopefully it is NSD's until next Monday.Tuesday was a NSD for me also
    NOT BUYING IT 2018!

Consumerism is.....buying things you don't need with money you don't have to impress people you don't know and probably wouldn't like even if you did know them.
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    A spend of £10.58 this morning on toiletries and toilet roll. I'm hoping not to spend anything tomorrow and then another £10/£11 spend at the weekend on fresh stuff.
    I still haven't finished the meal plan for the month so that is a priority today. I also need to make some cheese and herb buns for lunches.

Does anybody know when the next Aldi voucher comes out?
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just blew the planned NSD for today as Appoved Food offered me free delivery and a case of chopped tomatoes for 49 p....just could not resist! :o
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Hi everyone and a warm welcome to all new peoples :hello:
    Billie-jo - Please can you tell me what you mean by making a big pan of 'lobby' :huh: Lx

Lobby is in the index of recipes at the beginning of each GC - sorry don't know how to do a link or would have done so.

Shopping this morning and spent £20.34 will need some more fruit & veg over the weekend and have to take mum to Te$co tomorrow but will try not to spend a lot in there :o
    Have taken some hm meatballs out of the freezer for tonight, we were going to have them with pasta & mushroom sauce but DH had decided he wants mash with onions in now - so its mash, meatballs and gravy instead.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Tea tonight is a simple but filling pasta bake. Looks like another NSD too!

Seem to be getting the hang of things.

Will have to pop to shops tomorrow for fruit and veg, oh and some pop. Determined to write a list and stick to it! Would go today but i don't have time before work I don't think.

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Billie-jo wrote: »
    Lobby is in the index of recipes at the beginning of each GC - sorry don't know how to do a link or would have done so.

Shopping this morning and spent £20.34 will need some more fruit & veg over the weekend and have to take mum to Te$co tomorrow but will try not to spend a lot in there :o
    Have taken some hm meatballs out of the freezer for tonight, we were going to have them with pasta & mushroom sauce but DH had decided he wants mash with onions in now - so its mash, meatballs and gravy instead.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=39992402#post39992402

Heres your link
    Slimming World at target
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £13 between market and sainsbugs, the single most expensive item was balsamic vinegar at £2 for DS but I indulged him happily as he is doing a star job polyfilla-ing all the holes in the kitchen that the horrid builders left unfilled.

Plenty of veg to see us through for at least a week, two caulis, loads of carrots and tomatoes, 3 huge lettuces, red peppers etc, we'll be fine.

Dreadful weather out there and I have to go pick up the boys *groan*, the car OS parked a street away due to roadworks so am gonna get wet.

Bye!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • bmma
    bmma Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    spends to date £13.70/£20.00p
    2 NSD's to date x
    :hello::coffee:Penny Pincher in training
    Keep Calm Keep Vegan:):staradmin
    year's food budget £1,920
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Solstice_3 wrote: »
    Afternoon all :) I've been busy recently - I jointed a chicken for the first time instead of buying the parts individually was quite proud of myself and plan to do it more often as I think it's cheaper - plus I get a carcass for making stock. Today I made bread instead of DH picking up the one I don't like on his way home from work so NSD today ^_^
    Oh and I baked cookies today, still practicing my baking ;)
    Well done on jointing a chicken and all the baking :dance:
    Billie-jo wrote: »
    meg72 wrote: »

Thanks a million to both of you - I'll go have a look in a minute :D

Another NSD for us today. I had baked beans on cheese on toast, followed by yoghurt and loads of ends of fruit - just to clear the fridge you know :rotfl: and DH is having pasta with beef bolog from the freezer.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Spent a bit more than I'd have liked but needed to buy some spices as was making a curry and I like to make my own curry paste, total spend over Icel*nd, Mr T & farm shop was £31.19 so I'm still within budget but was hoping to try and stay under £30 for my main shop.

I'm on my own tonight as DH has gone to Wembley to watch the England game (courtesy of his company) so menu plan changed and I'm just having a jacket potato with some beans. I'm cooking an extra one so DH can take it with him to nuke at lunchtime tomorrow.

This of course means tonight's meal will now be tomorrow's dinner - mixed bean goulash with rice - I just need to reheat the goulash and cook some rice. This meant I didn't have to find something for tomorrow night when I went shopping (the leftovers I'd planned didn't actually end up in the freezer a couple of weeks ago, LOL!).

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport