PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

October 2014 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK : first day of challenge - spend today was £1.15 - milk (£1.45 less my 10% staff discount). Dinner today is sausage & tomato pasta - using h/g tomatoes, chopped onion & garlic with some basil snipped over and reduced price co-op sausages (frozen on s/b date) and Asda pasta. Originally I was thinking about sausage & mash with onion gravy, but that would have meant buying potatoes ...so decided to use store cupboard stuff. Must do this more regularly!
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ready to start tomorrow! I have loads of food in, and have made a meal plan, but I am going to have to sort portion sizes out for while DD1 is at University. I keep making too much! I thawed turkey steaks last night and ended up with a whole fillet slice left, so tonight I battened it really flat and thin, and spread it with some stuffing (just made up Paxo) and rolled it up and wrapped in bacon. I roasted it for 45 minutes and it was really nice. There was plenty for two but Dd2 wouldn't have it and made a frozen pizza (last one and buying no more!!). I will gave the other half on sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

Have to go to the opticians in the morning and it is right opposite B&M, and Home and Bargain, so I will have to resist the urge to go in!
    I DO NOT need anything!

Have you seen this for free frozen pizza, Asda have them on offer for 1.50, so buy one go on line and enter the code, get two vouchers, one for 1.50 and one for 1.00, go and get 2 pizza, one free and one for 50p and 2 1,50 vouchers and 2 for 50op, so far I have had 12 free pizzas and have 12 vouchers for £1 off, my DDI is really pleased I don't eat pizza but got these for her to feed my DGS`s

http://www.pizzaristorante.co.uk/weeklyshop/
    Slimming World at target
  • 1of3
    1of3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Spent 26.43 today only which I was happy with as it included some treats for daughters birthday on Saturday.

It was the first time that I done a proper "stock check" before going and found I had plenty there as it stands.

And yesterday was a NSD!
    NOT BUYING IT 2018!

Consumerism is.....buying things you don't need with money you don't have to impress people you don't know and probably wouldn't like even if you did know them.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    £0.59 p spent on a garlic bulb, and then managed to find the cloves that I'd lost in the freezer.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £15.73 spent on day one, but that included 4 loaves of reduced bread and 3 packs of reduced meat as well as a few bits for going away this weekend (including formula for my son). Pretty happy with that!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    £2.17 on an unexpected chicken spend. So close to a NSD! :o
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • apocryphal
    apocryphal Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Managed a NSD yesterday, although I think OH did an online shop at MrT when I wasn't paying attention, and he want me to bring takeaway home with me this evening, so he might already have thrown my entire budget out the window already for all I know :rotfl:

I did a stock check of the freezer yesterday too. It appears we have enough sausages to get us through a nuclear winter!

Working in town today which means I'll probably end up spending money on food/drink for lunch - but it also means I can go to Aldi to pick up some staples.
    Oct Challenges: Make £5 a day - £5.18/£155 Grocery Challenge - £0/£200
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning

I had a Sainsbury delivery yesterday morning which came to £51.20. I've planned the first week - though it's already gone pear-shaped as I forgot to take the chicken pieces out of the freezer last night!. Nevermind, adapt and survive!
    I also bought no junk in this shop - amazing.
    I'll need to get some fruit today but shouldn't need much else until my next delivery next Thursday - DD1 is coming home for a couple of days then so we will probably use that as an excuse to indulge a bit!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 171 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2014 at 7:38AM
    Options
    Morning folks!

I've fallen off the wagon with my shopping spending over the last few months :( I'd like to sort myself out again and try and keep to £300 in October.

Fae xx

PS: I can't edit my signature - I get the message :-
    1. Unfortunately due to misuse in the past we can't allow links in signatures (live or inactive)
    There are no links in it and even when I delete everything and try to save it I get the same error message - any clues?

“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde :p
    January Grocery Challenge - £189.44/£300.00 :D
    Save
    Save
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got groceries for the week yesterday and am hoping for an NSD today and even tomorrow. Leftovers for me for lunch as I got a huge packet of YS fish at M's yesterday, what a difference to the frozen kind....
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure